Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tahs vs Force - Preview

vCash

Tahs vs Force - Preview

I've gone and written a slightly one-eyed review of next weekend's game - thought I'd offer the opposition the right of reply

So, anyone keen to write a preview for next weekends game, please do so and we'll see who predicts the outcome closest.

If you want to stir up Tahs supporters in their natural habitat, come over and comment here.

Good luck on Saturday... ok I don't really mean that!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Moses; 07-04-08 at 21:01.

vCash
    The Western Force are set for the return of the Subiaco Curse next week as they take on the top placed Austalian team (Force 23 pts from 8 = 2.87 pts/game ; Tahs 22pts from 7 = 3.14 pts/game) and it'll begin up front with The 'Tahs domination at the set piece.
    Moses' matchups take a look at the form for likely selections to provide a preview for the battle of the top two Aussie teams.

Form
    The Force had shown some great early season form, peaking at half-time in their match against the Crusaders. Since then the decline out west has been marked, with their inability to break the Bulls line despite a huge amount of ball last week in the second half telling. Only when the Bulls were down a man did a spot eventually open up on the wing to give Cross the winning try.
    Conversely, the Tahs have had a slow start to the season with many areas of their game refusing to click. :url's axing proved to be the catalyst to spark the Tah's fire, can they repeat the efforts of the Brumbies in 2005 and go all the way?

Front Row
    The Force's serious lack of nous at scrum-time will be their undoing next week. You read it here first.

AJ Whalley has got to be the softest prop going around. I hearby decree that he is now known as 'The Lemonade Sandwich' in honour of his softness. I can barely remember a Force scrum that didn't go down on his side, and he seems to be getting worse each week. You can just see the Dunning :dunning salivating at the prospect of going head to head after standing up to Tony Woodcock this week.

Tai McIssac is probably the pick of the Force's front row, but he'll be spending his week under the bed with the windows blacked trying not to think about :tpn who's lining up to give him a lesson in hard. For the Tahs our hookers are a real strength with :tpn throwing really well last week, not to mention making 50 metre runs and smashing blues all over the park. :freier is also on fire, it's the hooker that :url rejects that makes the tahs front row the best.

Can't say I know much about Pek Cowan, but I dare say he doesn't have personalised numberplates on his ute. Regardles, BENN1 and :tpn should hold up this side while the Lemonade Sandwich collapses under a pile of donuts.

Verdict: Tahs by a uncontested scrum
    Locks
    Second row will be a little more tightly contested, with the Wallabies pair going head to head. Hard to imagine either gaining aerial superiority, however :vicks should smash captain mongoloid in the loose. :will and Hockings are probably on a par.
    Verdict: Tahs in the tight and the loose. Even in the air.

Back Row
    Mumm v Fava, another close battle, however you'd have to give it to Mumm based on Fava's stupid chin-growths. WTF?

Waugh v Pockock will be an interesting battle - Pockock's form this season has mirrored that of the Force. While he played out of his boots against the 'Saders, since then he's come off the boil, and it'll be interesting to see if his lesson from the Burger sank in. On last weeks form I'd have to give this solidly to :waugh

At the back of the scrum we'll see big :palu asking questions of any Force player with enough 'Firepower' to bring him down. Lyons was also looking pretty good for a first game back so expect 80 minutes of pain from these two. For the Force, poo-Brown is probably a little more skillful, so we could see a classic brains vs brawn struggle at the back of the scrum.
    Verdict: The key battle for possession will be hard fought, captain caveman to take it for the Tahs.

Halves
    :url would be mad not to start Burgess again, expect to see some more Roco-dodging antics from the over-paced number 9. Chris O'Young is alright too - will prove interesting.
    Giteau on paper would look to have the wood on the young :beale, that's exactly the kind of challenge he'll be looking for. Giteau will really struggle for any quality ball behind a reversing scrum. Kicking for poles Giteau would have to be ahead, despite Kurtley's improved return last week.
    Verdict: Even.

Centres
    With Jacobs out for the season we'll be looking to blood a new partnership here. Will :url have the kahuna's to throw Horne a starting jersey? I hope so. Our defence in the 12/13 channel has been a strength this year and the disruption may be offset by the
    Mackay returning this week for the Force, together with Cross who had been the form 13 of the competition - despite not seeing any good ball against the Bulls what he did get he used well.
    Verdict: Force

Back Three
    :tuqiri, :lachie and SNK vs Shepherd, Cummins and Mitchell. Well, 6 quality players should provide some great running rugby.
    Verdict: Even

Overall: We should see a great game of rugby, Unless it rains then the Tahs will destroy them in the loose.

Dry: Tahs by 7
    Wet: Tahs by 15

vCash
    What have you been smoking mate??

vCash
    WHAT THE? you're tipping tahs to win? eww thats dirrrty we'll win fo sho

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    He's just stirring. And dreaming

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    What have you been smoking mate??
    Been smoking the Blues lately
    This is my review anyway, as you can see quite some work went into compiling it - I'd be interested in any serious replies

Last edited by Moses; 07-04-08 at 21:02.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    prepare to get "groaned" Moses

vCash
    oooh, please don't groan me.. that'll hurt my self-esteem

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    A great pre-view there Moses.

You must have put a lot of time into researching all the match ups.

Hope you don't choke when you have to eat it on Saturday night

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    not bad moses, i dont think i could have come up with a preview any more fair then that, its pretty funny.

i cant wait for the match report.

vCash
    I could do so much with that but will behave myself

i love the way you trash talk AJ when NSW is home of the ever folding trestle baxter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    A great pre-view there Moses.

You must have put a lot of time into researching all the match ups.
    Took a while to write, the research however consisted of watching all aussie games this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Hope you don't choke when you have to eat it on Saturday night
    Definately a possibiity - I'm always prepared to stick my neck out backing my team, usually they perform admirabally, on rare occasions it comes back to bite me ; read RWC 2003, Ashes 2005, RWC 2007. Hmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    not bad moses, i dont think i could have come up with a preview any more fair then that, its pretty funny.

i cant wait for the match report.
    Cheers jazza, I can't wait for the match! I think you're sincere and the article was meant to be humourous while I still believe there's an element of truth to a lot of the matchups. Perhaps I should have given Brown some more credit, he's been making doing some great work in open play in the last few weeks, I definately think the Force's backrow would be better placed concentrating on securing their ball at the breakdown rather than making runs in open play however.
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I could do so much with that but will behave myself

i love the way you trash talk AJ when NSW is home of the ever folding trestle baxter
    you mean Australia's most capped prop? Gotta stand by big gay al, even as a bench player he's still pretty handy and covers both sides. Did all right up against Woodcock last week too..

vCash
    Well done (& very brave) Moses. Are you coming over for the game?

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Just because trestle is Australia's most capped prop doesn't mean he's the best

vCash
    I'm just loving the imagery of a 'lemonade sandwhich'

Are you coming over for the game Moses?

I made Happy sad...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast