Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Tahs vs Force - Preview

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow View Post
    other than to comment that the incumbant Wallabies will need to play out of thier skin to prove they are worthy of thier positions, and i say this with reference to the relative inexperience of our lads
    Everyone is predicting a close game - while that would be nice for Oz rugby, the Tah fans and us the Western Force Spectators - just not going to happen.

The Tahs leading highly paid try scorer has scored how many tries this season ?
    The Tahs season to date:

15-02-2008 7:40pm Waratahs (NSW) - 20 v Hurricanes (NZ) - 3 Sydney
    23-02-2008 7:35pm Chiefs (NZ) - 20 v Waratahs (NSW) - 17 Hamilton
    01-03-2008 7:35pm Highlanders (NZ) - 12 v Waratahs (NSW) - 15 Dunedin
    07-03-2008 7:40pm Waratahs (NSW) - 24 v Brumbies (ACT) - 17 Sydney
    21-03-2008 7:35pm Crusaders (NZ) - 34 v Waratahs (NSW) - 7 Christchurch
    28-03-2008 7:40pm Waratahs (NSW) - 23 v Cheetahs (SA) - 19 Sydney
    05-04-2008 7:40pm Waratahs (NSW) - 37 v Blues (NZ) - 16 Sydney

So if the Tahs have only won 1 away game this season - against the Highlanders by 3 points - an impressive record on the road - Yes we have had our ups and downs but our lads can smell the finals - the Tahs and Chiefs are the last 2 major hurdles - just don't see the Tahs lifting the bar very high while their coach is preparing for a quick dash to France from Perth to secure his future

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    This match will be all about the matchups people. The 'Tahs have sucked outside their house this season, that's true. But Subiaco is hardly a fortress for us this season, so I'd call it evens there. Let's talk about the teams we've both played this season, 'Saders away for the 'Tahs, they were spanked, home for us, we were beat, but it was respectable. Maybe us on points. Blues, Away for us, we won, Home for them they won....Yeah I think the Blues were looking better when they played us, but not enough in it to make a call. HIghlanders, Away, we both won, but marginally in games which I don't think either team would be happy with...Evens there. Cheetahs, an away win to us, a home win to them, they won by more, but the Cheetahs travel like unprotected egg yolks, nothing there. There's not a lot in the history splitting us, the table seems to agree with one point difference!

Nope I'd call this one a battle of the individuals, who'se going to crack first, who'se toughter, who has the skills and the Huevos to go all the way.....well as for toughing out a victory, I think that's us. As for sheer number of matchups won I'd go with us As for talent in the scoring channels, I'd call us......I'm not saying it's in the bag. Let's face it we could do a Stormers and just not turn up....but that's probably not going to happen in any of the derbies!

C'mon the

vCash
    either way. someone else is going to be bald

but i agree. its going to come down to who wants it more on the day.
    and there is quite a few wallabies spots that will be decided after this game as well. so everyone on the field will be bringing their A-game.
    one things for sure its going to be a bloody good match!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Lemonade Sandwich....classic Moses, I can see you spent all day slaving over the urban dictionary compiling this one.
    Cheers for the suggestion GIGS, you'll be happy to find AJ Whalley's made it into the Urban Dictionary

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'd say the big factor in this match will be the pre-match psychology.....

The Tahs were looking a bit down and out and roll out with a thumping win over the 3rd placed Blues. They are patting themselves on the back and they are talking up the big win they'll get in Perth. The media will be jumping on the bandwagon and talking about how great the Tahs are. Greg Growden will be performing indecencies on himself whilst looking at a photo of Tuqiri and Dunning. They have given up underdog status and also given up the element of surprise. I see the Tahs trying to do all the same stuff that worked very well against the Blues again but finding each one of those options to be the wrong one.

The Force had a last minute narrow win this week after a very demoralising loss last week. I don't think they'll be taking as much for granted and all of the players will be keen to put in a strong performance after a few weeks of not really playing to potential. They'll get enough possession to feed the backs and keep the pressure on each side at an even keel.

I figure it'll be a pretty scrappy, pretty close match. While it all comes down to how everyone plays on the day the Tahs have a slight edge in the pack against the Force's more significant advantage in the backs. Its interesting that both teams played against a very similar team last week to the ones they are playing this week.

Whichever team keeps focussed for longer and doesn't tire first will come out with the points. Which is why I figure we'll win since we have the crowd and our players are probably generally fitter and winning games in the last few minutes has been a bit more of our thing this season.

vCash
    i believe that we have the hunger more then the Tahs to win this one, it would be a great stage also to do well in front of their home fans. GO THE FORCE

vCash
    we definitely have more hunger to win this match, in front of the dear sea of blue hehehe GO FORCE!

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Good to see you back Moses, and still dreaming! Should be a great game.

Jargs this is good shit......... Quality
    The media will be jumping on the bandwagon and talking about how great the Tahs are. Greg Growden will be performing indecencies on himself whilst looking at a photo of Tuqiri and Dunning

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea View Post

Jargs this is good shit......... Quality
    i thought that stuff in james's last post was gold, i'm still laughing at it

what have i done?? i was just pointing out the fact that more times then not, Al Baxter folds under the slightest biut of pressure like a folding table

vCash
    i reckon baxter and aj should have a cage match.
    after the season of course.
    ultimate fighter would televise that i reckon!
    but the odds would be so much in aj's favour you wouldnt make a profit betting on him...

vCash
    As I am geographically close to halfway between Sydney and Perth, I have noticed some strong hot easterly winds blowing from NSW since Saturday night, over SA towards the WA border. Like all things that try to cross the WA border, it will be stopped in its tracks by a powerful front near Eucla, dissipating the easterly winds into a whirly whirly, that dies down to nothing in mid April.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Cheers for the suggestion GIGS, you'll be happy to find AJ Whalley's made it into the Urban Dictionary
    LOL If you weren't so full of shit I'd add to your rep mate!

C'mon the

vCash
    haha - i love the vivid description of brownie as a frog in a sock...
    awesome!!

vCash
    Moses i have been a member of TWF of ages but only started posting in the last year or so, maybe it was after one of your posts on TCB.
    btw youve been quiet there.. is it because you get more kicks out of giving the TWF fanboys shit?

following the news back home at all?

vCash
    Have been following the elections fairly closely, sound a nightmare.

I spend most of my time working, and when I'm online I'm running gothetahs.com

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast