Despite having recorded two wins from two starts for the season, the Brumbies are in all sorts of trouble now having also lost their two senior hookers in two matches.
I imagine there will be a few club level hookers hitting the pavement as we speak in case they might get the call up.
Replacement James McCormack is inexperienced at this level and while Saia Faingaa is a very promising prospect he is really at least two seasons away from being a regular prospect.
Might be time to stop eating all the pies Kearnsy?!

Brumbies lose Palavi to knee injury
Sportal

The ACT Brumbies could be without David Palavi for the remainder of the season after the hooker seriously injured his knee in the club's thrilling 27-21 Super 14 victory over the Bulls in Pretoria on Saturday.

The 26-year-old was taken from the field on a stretcher in the 48th minute after hyper-extended his left knee.

He has reportedly suffered cruciate ligament damage and will have further scans at a hospital on Sunday (local time).

The injury is a blow for the Brumbies who are already in short supply for hookers, with Wallaby veteran Jeremy Paul expected to be out of the game for another two months because of a calf injury.

Debutant James McCormack came on in place of Palavi, while 19-year-old rookie Saia Faingaa is the only other hooker in Laurie Fisher's squad.

"I'm not sure if I want to expose him to this level," Fisher told AAP of Faingaa.

"I'll have to look at the alternatives. But it's great to have someone like McCormack who has a lot of solid football experience."

McCormack joined the Brumbies late last year from Sydney club Southern Districts and, at 29, is believed to be the second oldest player to make his debut in the Super 14 competition, after the Cheetahs' Trevor Leota (30 years, two days).

The Brumbies captured the win over the Bulls when skipper Stirling Mortlock capped a brilliant break from Matt Giteau with a try in the final minute.

Giteau had taken the ball from replacement back Joel Wilson and dodged three defenders before sending the ball into the hands of Mortlock.

"I couldn't be happier with the effort and the intensity of the boys," Mortlock said. "We almost gave it away, but I'm ecstatic to get away with the win."

A few minutes earlier, Bulls five-eighth Derick Hougaard had kicked a 55m penalty goal to give his side a 21-20 edge.