Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Membership Numbers

vCash
    ahh ok.
    and some of those tickets that go on sale would be for members of the away club yeah?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Im not certain in regards to that. Swans "out of state" members have a seat reserved for them.

Possibly if say collingwood supporters/members want to travel to perth for an away game thats where those seats come in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hopep View Post

Perhaps the best way would be if the various codes published data on attendances regularly, and on merchandise -
    As long as we don't depend on the WAFC for accurate Force attendances. Fridays 24,500-odd looked accurate, but only served to make the 27,000 figure for the 'Saders attendance seem even more suss.

NRL seems to do well with merchandise. Almost as good as the Force . AFL is easily the most popular code in Aus but you rarely see kids wearing AFL jerseys. Who could blame them? They are a little pathetic by comparison.

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah, not sure how they formulate it but X seats for Eagles at home, Y for opposition supporters, Z - general public (and anything the visiting team doesn't use).
    With a Derby it depends on who is the 'home' team.

Thats was why I couldn't understand the WAFC reluctance on the stadium deal. More seats should mean more money.

for Rugby (S14) I think we only cracked 30,000 once. Only a test match, against a recognised opposition, would sell out subi. either the current or the proposed one.

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    As long as we don't depend on the WAFC for Force accurate attendances. Fridays 24,500-odd looked accurate, but only served to make the 27,000 figure for the 'Saders attendance seem even more suss.

NRL seems to do well with merchandise. Almost as good as the Force . AFL is easily the most popular code in Aus but you rarely see kids wearing AFL jerseys. Who could blame them? They are a little pathetic by comparison.
    True Shasta the AFL is the National Game - but their playing strips dont work for 'walking around' wear.
    The gate attendances are very rubbery. I thought the Crusaders 27,000 was not far off the mark but last friday it was more like 20 - 21,000. I know several members who did not attend, and people who had bought tickets but couldn't come. Often wondered how they get their numbers - the amount of people who have to rescan their passes is incredible. Thats one of the problems of dealing with an old, crumbling useless crappy stadium.

The NRL does well on merchandise becaue its made to look good, excellent styling and branding. Thats were lots of people in NSW will 'support' a team - then watch on FTA. Union doesn't have a FTA option, so mercandise and memberships are the only way to support any team.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    The Eagles also aloow members to "sell" thier tickets back to the club if they know they will not being going to a particular game, basically the club gives them refund if you don't go so the club can re sell the seat. It is also why the Eagles just about always have a capacity crowd at Subi. Smart thinking.

That is why I would be happy with a 25,000 seat rectangular ground.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Much as it pains me to say nice things about the Eagles, but thats a pretty good idea, especially if you are space-limited like they are at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    The Eagles also aloow members to "sell" thier tickets back to the club............... Smart thinking.
    Even smarter, I think the "refund" comes in credits only redeemable at their merchandise store. So they get the full price of admission for only the cost price of the gear. Bloody Eagles!

vCash
    Shasta you are correct

they also get the cash for the re-sold tickets

vCash
    Steve Maschords article

Can't find anything on membership numbers for any Super 14 Club?
    Has anyone else seen anything?

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by no.8 View Post
    As was said that figure of 1000 season tickets for the Perth Reds is pretty impressive, seeing as it's a fourth tier competition - I'd rate the Toyota Cup (U-20's) before it. You have to pay an extra $250 on top, I think, for Foundation Membership too so I wonder how many of those have been sold.

PS Gotta love his bye line

Steve Mascord

League tragic STEVE MASCORD has covered matches throughout Australia as well as New Zealand, Britain, France, Lebanon, Ireland, Papua New Guinea South Africa and the US. For at least eight months a year, he has no life.
    Lebanon FFS ?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    In our first year, I remember seeing 11,200 quoted for the Brumbies and the note that that was the highest of the Australian teams. Would imagine the numbers would be reasonably stable.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Chatting to some folk associated with the WA Reds team the other day - was told that, as part of them joining the JB cup, they have to foot the travel and accomodation costs for all teams travelling here to play. If that is the case, I am not sure people would want to get too attached (or they'll need a lot of people to get very attached)...

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Waratahs : 2007 saw a decrease in memberships by 13%, a trend common across all sporting codes, with a total of 9,500 membership packages purchased for the season.

Still looking for others ...

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    In our first year, I remember seeing 11,200 quoted for the Brumbies and the note that that was the highest of the Australian teams. Would imagine the numbers would be reasonably stable.
    Found a quote from the Bureau of Statistics - "In 2006, 9600 persons held Brumbies memberships"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast