Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Force stars in contract dilemmas

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    All this accepting offers from ARU but not the club is bullshit.....if they don't want to play for our club then piss em off.....we haven't signed one big name so far and the way it's going will we ever?

Lote stalled on his contracts but at least he bloody signed with the Tahs....
    Agree with you mate !! dont stall on us players, if your going to do a Ben Tune or Digby Ione you know where the door is, dont hold us (the supporters / fellow players / and the club) to a peice of string ... We want to support all players who has the black swan on there back and we will make you very "unwelcome" if you play for another team after saying you'll sign with us verbally .... I know families are a main factor but do you want to play for the reds (and win a wooden spoon), brumbies (where there is nothing to do in the terriorty apart from come to training with a new hairstyle.. not taking the mickey henners or gits) or the tarts (where you have to share a bus / plane etc with Dunning and Tuqiri)....

just my thoughts !!! sorry if i am being to the point .. just my view.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Queensland are chasing him pretty hard, but at the end of the day they can only offer him what we can, and we would like to think we can offer him a little bit more by way of a successful team and a good rugby program.
    Burn!!

I want to be unique - just like everybody else!

vCash
    Recapping all of this into one post

Hardy should have re signed to the last friday but didn't
    Shepherd should re sign to the today ?
    Pocock should re sign to the today ?
    Cross in negotiations with the ARU not the Force - who don't seem to be coming to the party

Who else

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    If ANY of those players mentioned go elsewhere I'll be very surprised. They are a tight now, and everyone we spoke to away is here to stay.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Recapping all of this into one post

Hardy should have re signed to the last friday but didn't
    Shepherd should re sign to the today ?
    Pocock should re sign to the today ?
    Cross in negotiations with the ARU not the Force - who don't seem to be coming to the party

Who else
    Hardy is still in negotiations because obviously the ARU didn't give him a good top up. Shepherd is 'doing a Giteau', signing with the ARU but leaving the Force high and dry...Pocock is still in negotiations but the way all these things are going he will prob sign with the ARU and not the Force. Cross is different, Mitchell has been talking up the need for him to have a big ARU top up....so I would assume from this that Cross's signature to the Force will come once the ARU contract is signed...pretty much money in the bank once the ARU get thier act together....

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    much of this could be the players' managers playing ducks & drakes

vCash
    Didn't Gits get rid of his manager? There was some problem with him.
    I also noticed that this is the same manager that Henjak currently has.

I hope they re-sign, for me, it will put a dampner or tonight if they don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Didn't Gits get rid of his manager? There was some problem with him.
    I also noticed that this is the same manager that Henjak currently has.
    Some dodgy deals he made, Giteau deals with his own contracts now, so the whole not re-committing was him and him alone...

vCash
    I have no problem with that.
    I was just saying some of them don't have managers anymore and are trying to sort this out for themselves the best way they know how. Obviously they no longer have the advice (for want of a better word) that they used to use to guide their decisions. In the case of Gits its not as bad because his contract doen't have to be signed by 3pm today!

vCash
    Hope they get it sorted soon, and I hope you're on the right track there TIF, I'd be really dissapointed to see any of them go.

vCash
    Shepherd is 'doing a Giteau', signing with the ARU but leaving the Force high and dry...Pocock is still in negotiations but the way all these things are going he will prob sign with the ARU and not the Force.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Gits is still signed with the Force till the end of next year and therefore was able to extend his contract with the ARU and not with the Force. Pocock and Sheps (and others), assuming their contracts with the Force are expiring this year, don't have the luxury of signing with the ARU only..they would have to nominate a S14 franchise at the same time or at the end of the year/season depending on what is in their original contracts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Gits is still signed with the Force till the end of next year and therefore was able to extend his contract with the ARU and not with the Force.
    My understanding is that originally he signed with an automatic rollover clause that could make his contract a 5 year contract when originally signing. When he re-signed with the ARU he basically could have taken that region of doubt out of his future out of the way by re-signing with the Force as well, but instead decided not to, effectively keeping his options open next season, when he could very much choose to leave therefore the automatic rollover in his Force contract will not come into place....

vCash
    with firepower pulling the plug on third party deals, some players might actually be facing 'paycuts', the force can only pay players $110,000 max and the aru is trimming their player payments ......cant blame the guys for keeping their options open

vCash
    My understanding is that originally he signed with an automatic rollover clause that could make his contract a 5 year contract when originally signing. When he re-signed with the ARU he basically could have taken that region of doubt out of his future out of the way by re-signing with the Force as well, but instead decided not to, effectively keeping his options open next season, when he could very much choose to leave therefore the automatic rollover in his Force contract will not come into place....
    he still has a get out clause at end of next year which overrules any rollover clause

vCash
    I never knew firepower was pulling the plug! This explains why they are waiting til the last minute to sign.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast