Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stormers will be no walk over

vCash
    Turn up with the right attitude and the right commitment and we've definately got the skills to win it.

Definately need a big improvement in defence on last weeks game against the Highlanders

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The Stormers are the only team not to concede a bonus point to the Crusaders this season, so their defence is capable of causing problems for us on friday night.

Champion
    vCash
    30,000 plus fans on the back of the force will get us boys over the line and stay in the top 4... carn lads.. get over the line and continue on our great start to the year

vCash
    I think the stormers will give us a run for our money. They do have a good loose pack with Burger and Watson. And Peter Grant is prob in the running to be the enxt springbok flyhalf at the moment. With Devilliers outside him as well as Chavhanga on the wing, it's looking to be a match to watch. The stormers have been unlucky over the past few weeks to come away with losses, so i think they would want to come back and prove us wrong.

It'll be interesting to see how well pocock, Fava/Horua and Brown combine to stop burger and watson. And we might be seeing an Aus vs SA flyhalf match in Giteau vs Grant. I'm sure Giteau will be able to step up, but its worrying hearing a rumour here he might be injured. Mackay will need to get his game up playing against DeVilliers as i've seen MacKay as a weak point in defense these past few weeks. Drew Mitchell and Spanners will need to stop Chavhanga even before he gets the ball as i've been impressed by Chavhanga tremendously. I would even rate him equal if not slightly better than the out-of-form Habana at the moment. Big call, but chavhanga's got what it takes.

One thing i've noticed is that Mitchell is a very technical coach, alot like Rassie Erasmus. Even at halftime and we're down, he can change things around on analysing the play of the first half. And it'll be interesting who will be able to outsmart the opposition in their tactics.

I really do hope we win. I'll be having 2 stormers fans from SA with me at this game and alot will be at stake in this game. Ive already been coping crap about who won the world cup. Fingers crossed boys. I think its time to get our force shirts washed and stop talking for the rest of the week. Instead, SAVE IT FOR THE GAME!

we'll show the force an away win is good, but a home win with their fans at full force (mind the pun) is way better. Go the Force.

vCash
    Who is the New Zealander who refs international matches, his name is Lyndon isn't it? Is this the same bloke?

vCash
    there are heaps of Kiwis who ref international matches eg steve walsh, bryce lawrence, kelvin deaker etc..

Lyndron bray used to ref here in perthh before moving over. But he's often back in perth to ref matches, and i remember attending a coaches seminar with him as a guest along with john mitchell 2 years back (and wearing a tight pink shirt, which made me think he was really gay.). I wont say he's good, but he just hasnt really made any bad decisions that stood out......yet.

vCash
    Is there not a NZ bloke though who quite often ref's Wallabies games? Is this Lyndon Bray?
    I get confused between Lyndon Bray (who Refs)

and Gordon Bray (who commentates)

Last edited by laura; 25-03-08 at 21:41.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2