Thread: Woodside Tour Diary - Part Two

vCash

Woodside Tour Diary - Part Two

Monday, 17 March 2008 4:09pm
    Justin Turner

Awesome. That’s the only word I could use to describe the experience of Saturday’s huge win over the Blues.

I have to admit, I was a little bit worried at half time when the boys went in to the change rooms 10 points down, but their second half performance was one of the best I’ve ever seen and it was the most amazing game I’ve ever been associated with (well, kind of!!).

Cruz and I certainly had our work cut out on game day. Working alongside Team Manager Richard Trend, our tasks included organising the player’s jerseys; setting up for half-time; carrying balls and hit pads and filling up the water bottles.

But while the game was on we had the best seats in the house, right alongside the reserves on the bench. We really felt part of the win and the celebrations in the dressing room were quite special after scoring 20 unanswered points in the second half to claim the first win on New Zealand soil.

Nathan Sharpe told the players after the game that it was the most dominant half of football he’d been involved in at any level, which is a huge call from a guy who’s played 63 Tests and 98 Super 14 matches.

On Sunday the players had the chance to unwind, however a few decided to search for another high after the big win.

While Cruz, Nick Cummins and I headed off for a bit of light entertainment at Timezone, adrenalin junkies Tamaiti Horua, AJ Whalley and Richard Brown took the plunge in a bungee jump off Sky Tower.

The City’s most recognisable landmark is a popular destination for the dare devils out there, claiming it has the highest jump in NZ at 630 feet or 192 metres!

While there might be a chance to take the plunge in Queenstown later this week, let’s just say I was happy to give the Sky Tower a miss!

After Timezone we headed out to the Go Kart track, where Cruz showed he is almost as fast off the track as he is on it!! (Sorry mate, I’m sure I’ll cop it when you get your chance!).

The big prop was pretty slow around the track but was made to look bad by Nick “Schumacher” Cummins, who must have lapped us both twice!

After that it was out to dinner for a big feed of steak before getting an early night for Monday’s review session.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    ....While Cruz, Nick Cummins and I headed off for a bit of light entertainment at Timezone....

... was pretty slow around the track but was made to look bad by Nick “Schumacher” Cummins, who must have lapped us both twice!

ahha i find those quite hilarious. timezone ey?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force