Thread: Musing on the Finals 4 matches in

vCash

Musing on the Finals 4 matches in

I apologise in advance for what may appear to be as coherent as the Innforcers Tour of New Zealand:

At the beginning of the season John Mitchell declared that he had his sights set on finals - and unlike the TAB and the Fox Sports Commentators I still really believe that we have a better than evens chance of achieving that this season - after this weekend we will have played the top 3 - i.e. the Sharks, the Crusaders and the Blues - above us on the ladder are the Hurricanes who only lost to the Waratahs in Sydney and of course our beloved Tah men followers the Waratahs - both these teams have yet to play the Crusaders, the Sharks and the Blues.

So far we have 11 very useful points from 4 games with 9 games to go and six of them against teams below us on the ladder even if we only beat just those 6 thats 24 points
    +11 which makes 35 points.

Say we manage to beat either the Tahs or the Hurricanes (sic !) and pick up a couple of bonus point - i.e. 4 try against the Brumbies at home (how much fun would it be to watch Kaffers reaction to that ) or the Stormers at home - well are well within our capabilities suspecting that the performance against the Crusaders was only the start - we are well positioned to make the 42 points which got the Blues a finals position last year.

If you just think about it for 5 mins you really begin to appreciate why the Fox Sports Commentators are finally acknowledging the work of Aussie John's men in the West and why even Grumbles feels it necessary to offer the hint of hope to the suffering Brumbies that Gitts may return to Canberra (lets hope his family remains healthy so he doesn't feel obliged - his girlfriend a WA Lass by the name of Bianca Franklin has just signed up to play Netball for the West Coast Fever - according to the article in today's West is loving being back home )- all of which comment and retoric makes it hard for his management team to squeeze a bigger offer out of Rugby WA vis a vis sponsership - cos Gitts ain't dumb.

Flamethrower - I hope this arguement shows some head and less of the heart you have rightly accused me of exposing in the past - to many thoughts and not enough Beer

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    It's a long season and form counts for nothing, but i have bet for the force to finish top 4 - no head or heart involved here - I agree with you on a financial stance!

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    I think you made sense TQ1

Thanks for working that out for me..saves me giving grief to the grey matter up there. Lets hope we annihilate the Blues this weekend and leave them suitably angry and desperate enough to cause substantial damage to their remaining opponents.