Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stadium Discussion

Champion
    vCash

Stadium Discussion

Hi there, i might be jumping up and down about the stadium issue, once again.

But if the WF can only get (27500) to the most successfully Super 12 / 14 team, why doesn't the force go to the Members Equity against the lower teams (i.e. cheifs / african teams), so we the supporters can be close and watch the game from any seat at the stadium.

Doesn't members equity hold up to 25,000 currently ? (could be wrong but with the capacity)

Did anyone recognise that the lights came on yesterday at subiaco Oval. at 6.00pm and the lights come on, just to take some extra $$$ out of the Rugby WA purse it looks like.

continue on with that peitition all. signatures are coming thick and fast from this WF supporter and member.

cmon the force lads

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Because the Corporate facilities there are crap and thats where the big bucks come from

vCash

Thumbs up

How about the intelligent people on this site (perhaps at Bodgers burpday party) put their thinking caps on come up with a cheap building system that is the ultimate 27,500 seater stadium that meets the necessary criteria for a Super 14 competition game?

Let see - if we set of budget of say $47.5m.

Carefully using a soggy beer mat and a broken pencil record your detailed design criteria, financial cost projection, environmental management plan and future spectator growth and membership targets.

Then put the beer mat in the pocket of that jacket that you very rarely wear.

Then pull it of the jacket pocket around Christmas 2011 just before you throw the jacket out because it smells and wish that you'd presented along with our other demands to the government just after we'd brought the country to it's knee's with biggest full scale RIOT in the history of Australia!

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    17,000 is apparently what Members Equity holds...

Mushroom
    we can build it for half of that if you use all the potential free labour and make it the largest work for the dole programme ever!!

Champion
    vCash
    why doesn't rugby wa / WARL / Football Australia (soccer) put some $$$ into upgrading M.E. , as if and when this new stadium gets built and hold 60,000 people it will look s**t only having 20,000 people in a stadium, it will be better to have a smaller capacity ground.

Champion
    vCash
    I know i might sound like a broken record, but watching "the game played in heaven" @ hell (subi oval) its crap.. (putting it softly)

vCash
    BYO chair??

vCash
    Not sure if anyone listens to Nova in the mornings but Cambo had a BIG winge about the Subi issue on Monday..

He was well informed and made all the valid points about moving away from Subi including upgrading ME and the inadequacy of the new stadiums drop-in seating..
    id say at least half of Perths 15-40 age bracket listen to the show...

maybe someone send them an email asking for Cambo to plug the petition.. Thats worth at least another couple of thousand scribbles.

vCash
    I already have asked him to plug the petition and sent a speel about why we are doing the petition and referred him to TWF (weneedcorners wasn't up and running at the time) so maybe he got his info from us!

vCash
    Possible solution?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

vCash
    http://www.fwpgroup.co.uk/bank_images/414_lg.jpg

Saw this on TheRugbyForum, this is the stadium Leicester Tigers are building, re-doing thier old one...apparently it will cost 60 million pounds to make, which is $131 million Australian...it currently has a capacity of about 16,000 and they are raising capacity by between 6,000 and 23,500. The first stage though starts soon which will add the big 10,000 stand you see in the image...

Something like this would be great, we ask for something less artsy to cut down costs and it'd be great...

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    That looks like it would fit just nicely at MES. As you say, tone down the artiness and it's all good.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    That's pretty impressive. The Tigers old stadium was heaps better than ours in the first place - now they get this. The Tigers game I saw in 2004 (I think) was the first game I saw at a dedicated rectangular stadium, standing right on the edge of the pitch on the concrete steps - kind of like the Shed at MES. And they had full strength beer!
    Maybe they could let us have their old one?

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    I know i might sound like a broken record, but watching "the game played in heaven" @ hell (subi oval) its crap.. (putting it softly)
    Agreed Benny. After watching games at MES it was like watching ants running around on Sunday

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast