Poll: All things considered, do you think the Force did well on Friday?

Thread: How do you think our boys did ?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

How do you think our boys did ?

Do you think our boys did a good job on Friday? No 'mostly' or 'not really' on this poll, we know there is plenty of scope for improvement and will be for years to come, but all things considered do you think they did well?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    All things considered, yes.

Alot of teams played like it was their first game together this weekend. The Force weren't the only team to drop ball, etc. They did take it to the Brumbies for a while there.

They have good players, although I'm still not sold on a few. The players will start to mesh as the season goes along and assuming they don't suffer and more injury worries they should win their share of games.

Subi is going to be a total fortress to play in soon, teams will not enjoy going there.

Prospect
    vCash
    I think most fans went to the game hoping for a win, but deep down we had the hard task coming up against the best Super 12 team from Australia for the past decade.

Though there were mistakes, there were positives as well.

I think if the Force win four games this year it will be a good year for them, it is hard for a new team to come stright into a competition and have a major impact these days.

If the boys kepp things positive they should do well.

vCash
    We did good!

vCash
    Plenty of room for improvement which makes the scoreline look pretty good. 3 of the three brumbies tries were from mistakes and/or defensive lapses, so remove the them and we are not going to be walked over by everyone. I think that we will have a couple of massive losses this year but I am hoping for 3 wins for the year.

vCash
    I think that is a good point. If you look at the Force's try it was built really well through continuity and support play.

Positives as well as negatives. But plenty to look forward to I think.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Having been fortunate enough to see the trial games here and in Melbourne (by the way the support of Melbourne locals that weekend was amazing) I think the guys have been prepared pretty well and it showed on Friday. Bearing in mind that we probably wont have a "prefered" starting line up for some time I reckon the team is off to a good start.
    I would be game enough to say our first win will come against the Cheifs next week.
    If we can beat one team from each country and finish 12th or above I'll be delighted.

vCash
    Listened to the game originaly via internet and only last night managed to watch the downloaded full match (thanks to SpankytheKing).

Impressed by the pace of the game from the start and consequently not surprised that it couldn't last and errors began to mount by the end. All in all the Force have nothing to be ashamed off, they put in a creditable performance, will it be good enough to win the sort of matches hoped for, well who knows, I don't have enough experience of the other S14 teams to judge. i suspect having to play in less easy weather conditions will test the team even more. In my opinion the extremly long delay required following the terrible collision (forget the Force player who was stretchered off...hope he is ok) seemed to affect the Force substantially, again this was to be expected and while I am sure no-one would look to this as an excuse for the subsequent gap in points that occured it appeared to me as a viewer that it didn't help.

Have to say how impressed I was with the crowd and atmosphere, it came across well on the Fox Sports program and those of you that were fortunate to have been part of that historic new beginning for WA rugby should feel proud in the part you played... but what on earth was going on with those red things!...and why weren't they blue??

Have to say as a "foreigner" I liked the razzamataz generated before the kick-off, its things like that that help keep Rubgy a family sport and free from the trouble other sports attract. I noticed the National Anthem was played before the game, is this a common thing or did I hear the commentator say it was because it was the first game?

All in all I can't wait for my trip over in March when I will be at the Bulls and Stormers games, but hopefully with any luck SpankyTheKing will keep the games coming via aussietorrents and I can top-up my rugby quota that way for now.