Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Town of Vincent to upgrade MES?

vCash
    Well, the way I read Option 4 and 5 as stated in the recommendations section of the Langoulant report it lloks like they are proposals to bulid 25 and 35 tousand seaters....the construction costs would have to be factored into these figures for several years if that's the case. I haven't read the detail, and probably wouldn't gain much from it anyway, not being an architect or an accountant!
    Still, the recommendation that ME get a 'Minor Upgrade' which didn't mention an upgrade in seating numbers is what really crushes my nuts!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Yeah, they where not specifically looking at MES redevelopment or a new stadium.

But they definitely looked at the costs and asked the Town of Vincent to prepare plans for a 35,000 seat stadium, which is what the Force have been demanding. While the Government since the start has only wanted a 24,000 seat stadium, nothing larger.

vCash
    I heard the back end of an on air interview Between Mick Colliss and Peter Vlahos on Saturday arvo. Vlahos said he had been at a function at members Equity and had been told there was a new "groundswell" of support for a rectangular stadium and that they were working very hard to get Super 14 Rugby to MES.

Think I'll PM a link to this thread to Mick and see if he can fill in the blanks.

Also just got a reply from Egan re the operating rights for the new stadium. He said part of the deal that swung them in favour DID include giving the WAFC a "trial" run as holder of operating rights. Wonder if it'll be as long as our latest daylight time "trial run"

Last edited by shasta; 03-03-08 at 09:04.

vCash
    Isn't it intersting Shasta that I've just spent over an hour looking for some detail on the negotiations and the 14 points submitted to the planning commission and came up totally dry.....There is just nothing I can find!

I'm sure it was a 6 month trial, and they will stick to that, since that gives them plenty of time to avoid the S14 season entirely and have 6 months without any arguments at all.......at the end of the 6 months, they'll be given the rights and we'll be given the shaft!

Well, that's pretty cynical of me, so don't quote it, but I just get more pissed off the more I hear!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Well, that's pretty cynical of me, so don't quote it, but I just get more pissed off the more I hear!

Living in this state, with the Government we have has tought me to be cynical.

One way or another Rugby WILL get the short end of the stick in regards to this situation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    One way or another Rugby WILL get the short end of the stick in regards to this situation
    C'mon Blokes. Be positive. It just means we have to get more people on side and make lots & lots more noise. Let them have the new Subi & good bloody riddance. Get us a home too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    C'mon Blokes. Be positive. It just means we have to get more people on side and make lots & lots more noise. Let them have the new Subi & good bloody riddance. Get us a home too.
    Oh i'm positive, i was referring more to the situation as it stands now. We will make alot of noise, we will let the WAFC have their white elephant, and ultimately we will get what we want

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    One thing I think we need to be careful of when discussing a 35,000 seat rectangular stadium is that it is for the benefit of all sports, not just Rugby Union, not just the Emirates Western Force.

If we are going to be able to get the support of 10000 people we need to convince more then just the Rugby Union loving people of Perth.

Our Friends from Soccer, League, Lacross, Gridiron AFL and Cricket all need to be a part of this. There are benefits in a 35,000 seat stadium for all of them, not just Rugby Union.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    True, but it's a hard sell when the crowds for both soccer and league rarely even approach the current capacity of MES, the primary argument for them is that their venue will gain more exposure and therefore generate better sponsorship income. This will in turn cause a knock on effect which may be used to upgrade the pitch (which is definitely in need of better drainage at least)

Other than that, a corporate upgrade is going to cover their future needs for several years!

I think this argument is more about what a great tenant RugbyWA is......high crowd numbers, fantastic corporate support etc. It could well be the cash injection that sees MES converted to a more permanent and modern stadium in the next ten years.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    One thing I think we need to be careful of when discussing a 35,000 seat rectangular stadium is that it is for the benefit of all sports, not just Rugby Union, not just the Emirates Western Force.
    That what i've been doing, whenever i ask someone to sign it i say it's in the interest of all sport that are played on a rectangle

vCash
    and also in the intersts of all Oval sports as well

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Isn't it intersting Shasta that I've just spent over an hour looking for some detail on the negotiations and the 14 points submitted to the planning commission and came up totally dry.....There is just nothing I can find!
    Send me a PM, have been covering the MES redevelopment saga for longer then anyone, revealing most of the time the latest developments. The articles are still all up on austadiums.

Otherwise click on WA - Members Equity Stadium - Then the news folder, there is about 5-10 articles that will give comprehensive information from all the players on the major venue.

Currently working on an article that will be of interest to Rugby fans, although I am pretty busy, hope to work on it quite a bit tommorow. Stay tuned...

vCash
    Sorry if this has been pointed out elsewhere

The ARU should update their site!!!!

Clicky

Champion
    vCash
    so we should be going to MES this season instead of watching the ants running around at Subi

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8