Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Build a rectangular stadium

vCash

Build a rectangular stadium

It is typical of the welfare mentality in this country that we must petition the government to build a stadium. They have shown as much interest in it as the yanks have in sorting out world poverty.

They are always commissioning people to look into it. There are public servants milking the public purse left right and center all too eager to do a feasability study to get some more budget and get Rugby WA and Soccer Australia off their backs. It's easier to sit in your office and send e-mails to Brian Burke to get some money laundered.

Rudd doesn't want to touch it. He's already canned the Ballymore project.

The State government can't afford it.

Time to get private enterprise involved. Lets build the bastard. We need people with cunning and daring and experience in business. People with real life know how of cash flow and using other peoples money to get jobs done and projects built. This state is the richest in Australia. There are multibillion dollar multinational corporations entrenched in this state. Lets lobby them. Let them build it and lease it out. Let them take the revenue. Let them collect on hyperpriced beer and cold pies.

Who's with me?

Do you reckon Donald Trump would sit around on his sorry arse waiting for the government to build his skyscrapers with gold handles?

The government is full of lazy fat people who milk the public kitty. Few of them have any idea how to run a business. If someone didn't give them money and a company car they'd starve.

Time to get private enterprise on board. The government talks a lot and delivers little. It's time

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    well, seeing as were focusing on the petition.
    you can help out by looking into the private enterprise.
    its all well and good to post about it, hoping that others will do the work for you.
    but while were out getting signitures on our days off. feel free to email, call or contact whatever compaines you want. we wont stop you

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm hoping the petition in one way or another will help make big business aware of the issues, if the govt doesn't do anything (which is likely, although there is the tiniest possibility that they may surprise us), then we look at the next step...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    well, seeing as were focusing on the petition.
    you can help out by looking into the private enterprise.
    its all well and good to post about it, hoping that others will do the work for you.
    but while were out getting signitures on our days off. feel free to email, call or contact whatever compaines you want. we wont stop you
    Your bottom lips dragging

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm hoping the petition in one way or another will help make big business aware of the issues, if the govt doesn't do anything (which is likely, although there is the tiniest possibility that they may surprise us), then we look at the next step...
    This wasn't a crack at your petition old boy. Admirable stuff. I just think a petition signed by 300 fat guys and a couple of deranged women will have as much impact as Haigs jaw on Henners' hand. The government will be happy to talk about it and milk commonwealth funds for feasibility studies for another ten years.

They like AFL over here

AFL is gay

Private enterprise might build it.

We need the business men of this forum to get together, get drunk and come up with a plan.

vCash
    concidering the target for the petition is 10,000.

vCash
    I think the best way to go is to get the mining industry involved, they have boatloads of cash and a decent stadium will help open up thier product to an international audience....Rio Tinto Stadium anyone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    I think the best way to go is to get the mining industry involved, they have boatloads of cash and a decent stadium will help open up thier product to an international audience....Rio Tinto Stadium anyone?
    I think you might be on to something there.

War is Gods may of teaching Americans Geography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    Correct. There is no shortage of companies to which 500 million is a drop in the ocean. They want to see numbers though. They need to make profit out of it.

No shortage of companies that would build it. It's a good earn.

No shortage of banks willing to finance it.

Extremely difficult to find a company willing to pay out.

1. Need an estimate of building costs. Several tenders. Need designs
    2. Need a process to make it profitable.
    - associations pay annual lease. How much will they pay?
    - memberships. How much will the punters pay? Need surveys
    - annual sponsorships - huge money. Every square inch of goal posts, fences, stadiums, big screens, flags can be plastered with logos
    -broadcasting rights. This will get messy with ARU, Fox media
    3. Find billionaires who want a team. India, China, US, Europe, Japan
    4. Build offices in upper levels of stadium to be leased to companies year round......lawyers, accountants, dentists, marketing companies.........whatever. Passive income. Why stick to a traditional stadium? Make it 5 stories high with 1000 offices to lease. Lets think outside of the square. All the seating can be below it.
    5. Retail opportunities.......sell merchandise
    6. Private boxes for businesses/companies. Charge big time. It's a global game. You don't have to ask Rico's pie truck.

You have to start with the cashflow. The product is the final process. Money talks.

Lets get creative

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    concidering the target for the petition is 10,000.
    10,000? That wouldn't swing a federal seat with the liberal parties last disaster. Do you think Rudd gives a shit about 10,000?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Chiselhead. Its so great to have you back, your knee jerk reactions to everything are such a breath of fresh air around here. I note with interest that you have comeback the same week that your least favourite former Force player has now been sent packing.

Now you seem to think that a group of uninformed and ill-disciplined Force fans will be able to convince the CEO's and CFO of Big Business to forget about paying their shareholders a dividend for the next couple of years - but to spend it on a Rectangular Stadium.

Perhaps you could share with us the genius that is chiselhead how that is done.

Also, while you are at it, could you tell me what companies have constructed stadiums in the past, and which fan clubs arranged that, maybe we could get some insight from them.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Chiselhead. Its so great to have you back, your knee jerk reactions to everything are such a breath of fresh air around here. I note with interest that you have comeback the same week that your least favourite former Force player has now been sent packing.

Now you seem to think that a group of uninformed and ill-disciplined Force fans will be able to convince the CEO's and CFO of Big Business to forget about paying their shareholders a dividend for the next couple of years - but to spend it on a Rectangular Stadium.

Perhaps you could share with us the genius that is chiselhead how that is done.

Also, while you are at it, could you tell me what companies have constructed stadiums in the past, and which fan clubs arranged that, maybe we could get some insight from them.
    There are 19.8 million people in this country that will say it can't be done. You are one of them. No point you getting involved. Lets see if anyone else has some ideas. There are only 160,000 people that make over $200K each year in Australia. Some of them are employees who aren't much help. Some are big business winners. We need some of their ideas.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    There are 19.8 million people in this country that will say it can't be done. You are one of them. No point you getting involved.
    Chiselhead - I am sorry you misunderstood me. I would like nothing more then to see the members of TWF responsible for the construction of the Western Force home ground

What I am asking for is your guidance in what needs to be done and how.

What stadiums have been constructed in the past by private enterprise?
    What fan clubs were instrumental in the construction of a Stadium?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Kerry Stokes is the man,ex rugby player---tell him to open up his petty cash tin

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah Chiselhead, and I'm in the market for a Harbour Bridge. No doubt you have a selection for sale.

Either you are taking the piss, or you have serious delusional issues, principally concerning your own self importance.

If it was as easy as spouting glib bullshit, I can assure you that Perth would be resplendent with stadia.

Before regaling us with your nonsensical splendid vision, and belittling the efforts of those who have more to offer than what can be learned in week one of an internet marketing course, learn some rudimentary social skills.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast