Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The boys done good

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash

The boys done good

Well, we dreamt of victory but it was not to be. Overall the performance was pretty good. There's still a lot of work to do. Forwards were solid and the backs were nervous. I guess we were up against a pretty awsome back line but I would have expected a little more from our boys. Matt didn't do himeslf any favours last night and i hope he finds a bit more form. Tackling was, in general, poor.

Maybe it';s just me but I saw a lot of oppotunities to kick through the line in the second half and we never took them. The back line didn't seem to have any ideas, were they overawed by the opposition?

I'm not putting the boys down, i think they did a great job considering it's the first game and I reckon we will see them improve immensely over the coming weeks.

Well done lads.

Go the Force

Ps The crowd was great.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Urgh Oh my aching head
    I had plans to do a really in depth analysis of the match however that is going to have to wait for when I've had more than four hours' sleep....
    For now I'll just agree with all my learned Scottish friend has said above.
    Well done to all in the crowd, no beer shower, plenty of blue, heaps of noise etc.
    We are desperately in need of proper DECENT club songs though as the chearing was really disjointed, as passionate as it was.
    And too bad if we had won as I am yet to sight the official club song?
    Haven't read the program yet, perhaps it was in there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Urgh Oh my aching head

vCash
    we had a few opportunities for dropkick goals but we didnt take them unfortunately.

Prospect
    vCash
    no beer shower
    Haha, for you maybe!

vCash
    just got up myself after a very big nite!

Junior had a solid first half.... only one who looked like breaking the line!
    Stainforth was good all game and tried his heart out!!!!

Henjak was dissapointing, sharpe wasnt great either
    Thought maybe Shepherd could have come on earlier - wat about everyone else?

Great game though..... the boys showed a lot of spirit and did look like we had worked them out at one stage but just fell away!

The crowd numbers were excellent but not soo much the noise! absouletly errupted with the try but also has quite a few silent patches - i didnt get my Henjak chant out, obviously coz of the game he had

The beach ball last about 3 hits in the 3rd tier when Irish Welsh boyo smaked it right over to the second tier!!!! talk bout a quick go!!!! when we started singin gives us our ball back had a few laughs but also had one angry punter sayin how bout i chuck you over there and u go get it - just laguhed him off

hope everyone else enjoyed the game as much as Egan, Peterss, Irish Welsh boyo, myself and my mate did! also hope the passion continues!!!

GREAT JOB FORCE..... YOU DONE WA VERY PROUD

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luke_the_pom
    just got up myself after a very big nite!

Junior had a solid first half.... only one who looked like breaking the line!
    Stainforth was good all game and tried his heart out!!!!

Henjak was dissapointing, sharpe wasnt great either
    Thought maybe Shepherd could have come on earlier - wat about everyone else?

Great game though..... the boys showed a lot of spirit and did look like we had worked them out at one stage but just fell away!

The crowd numbers were excellent but not soo much the noise! absouletly errupted with the try but also has quite a few silent patches - i didnt get my Henjak chant out, obviously coz of the game he had

The beach ball last about 3 hits in the 3rd tier when Irish Welsh boyo smaked it right over to the second tier!!!! talk bout a quick go!!!! when we started singin gives us our ball back had a few laughs but also had one angry punter sayin how bout i chuck you over there and u go get it - just laguhed him off

hope everyone else enjoyed the game as much as Egan, Peterss, Irish Welsh boyo, myself and my mate did! also hope the passion continues!!!

GREAT JOB FORCE..... YOU DONE WA VERY PROUD
    that fat prick at the front was annoying, staring at us because we were "noisy".

hahah i was still tipsy like when a did that lol , next time it'll jus be in that tier lol.

good to meet ye tho man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Welsh boyo
    that fat prick at the front was annoying, staring at us because we were "noisy".

hahah i was still tipsy like when a did that lol , next time it'll jus be in that tier lol.

good to meet ye tho man

hahaha forget that bloke.... dont think they were members so prolly wont be back their again anyway

yeh it was good to meet u 3!!! definately sit with yas again next game.... guessing those seats will be free coz if they free the first game EVER not much chance of them being taken up!

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

vCash
    Even though we lost I believe it was still an awesome night. Great atmosphere good on ya to everyone who went and cheered as loudly as possible!

Definately some promise for the young Force outfit with plenty of room for improvement following last nights game. Anyone got some injury updates on MacKay and Graham?

vCash
    T'was a good night indeed!

Irish Pub was good ebfore hand nad had a few Brumbies fans (Who Travveled Over) scattered amongst the Force Fans...

My thoughts on the game......

We played well but made a few costly turnover when in defence that resulted in tries (The boys wil learn though!)......I also thought we didnt play outwide on enough occasions....Yes i know that as soon as we got the ball the Brumbies shut us dpwn but when we had the chances to go out wide we didnt.

I may get bagged for this but seriously.......Henjak got given a pants job by Gregan!

Good to meet you luke......Hope to see ya again soon

vCash
    we made mistakes, but we shall learn from those.

a feckin forgot what i am gonna say now dammit!

oh yer now a remember, in a way am glad we lost so we know what to work on for the next match gainst the hurricanes.

vCash

Thumbs up Good Effort

The Force played pretty well for seventy minutes, but because of dropped ball couldn't apply any sustained preasure to the Brunbies defence
    I think a few varied field position kicks early on, especially wipers kicks might have given the backs more room to move for the rest of the game.
    On a whole that was a good first hitout, the defense was hard and uncompromising, attack was allright but mistakes didn't allow the backs to really get going, to their credit they never dropped their lip and played the game out to the end.
    The young first five Daruda? I think his name is, will be a champion with some more experiance, thats a lot on the shoulders of a 19 year old, good luck to him, hope he stays with the Force.
    Well on the road now.
    Go the Force!

vCash
    Yes, a good first outing. Pity McKay had to leave with injury - hope he's OK for next week. The defensive effort weakened after he left. Re-shuffling the back line caused problems - might have been an option to play Staniforth at outside centre after half-time. He looked dangerous with the ball and solid in defence.
    Go the Force!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Now McKay look slike he is out for the season and Josh Graham not playing for a few weeks.
    We need to cut out the mistakes and gain confidence in each other.
    Hopefully injuries will stay away otherwise our depth will be tested.

vCash
    The Backline lacked options...this can be put down to henjaks poor service to daruda which put him under pressure immediately causing him to through some bad balls to his outside backs.. Mackay looked quite slow in defence and didnt threaten the brumbies defence..the only threat came from pelesasa and ioane when he got the ball..if the force are going to be successful this year we need to make more of the possession we get..Our forwards got us a lot of ball we just didnt use it effectively and made crucial turnovers inside our 22..hopefully we can sort out these problems and put up a good showing against an impressive hurricanes side.

GO THE FORCE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast