I don't know if anyone's interested, but I thought I'd give a brief picture of the development of the game at opposite ends of the Asian rugby spectrum. I hope it gives an idea of the diversity in the region

In Tokyo on the weekend, Suntory Sungoliath defeated Sanyo Wild Knights 14-10 to take out Japan's Top League championship. In front of 14 495 spectators - down almost 9 000 from last year's near-capacity crowd - Suntory's forwards proved to be the difference, dominating the Sanyo pack and denying ball supply to Stormers-bound playmaker Tony Brown.
Sungoliath bag silverware : Sports : DAILY YOMIURI ONLINE (The Daily Yomiuri)

Meanwhile, this month has seen the launch of Indonesia's first ever 15-a-side rugby competition. While rugby has spread beyond the ex-pat community in recent years (with clubs in Bali, Java, Kalimantan, Maluku, Sumbawa and West Papua), playing numbers have limited the game to 10-a-side tournaments and one-off challenge matches up until now. The new league - called the Jakarta XV's - features 3 teams from Jakarta and 1 from Bandung.
Indonesian Rugby Football Union 2008 Jakarta XV’s Rugby Series Sponsored by “FEZ by Aphrodite”