Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Southern Spears still on SA Rugby agenda???

vCash

Southern Spears still on SA Rugby agenda???

not sure if this has been posted before but i found it quite interesting...

Looks like Tony McKeever is on the warpath and rightly so, persistent bugger!
    SA rugby are going to wish they never ventured the idea of an Eastern Cape Team!

Super14.com - Super 14 rugby

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Isn;t he also doing that US Super20 thing someone posted about the other day? I believe he is also a registered member of TWF....

vCash
    The Spears are sure to be back in the South African Super 14 mix come June July 08

vCash
    That's a big call Haymaker....do you have any supporting facts....or are you the Pieman?

I was going to post that the more things change, the more they stay the same!

SA World Champions, but they can't sort out the racial stuff in their teams, they can't make a decision, and they still don't seem to be able to provide any certainty for the fifth franchies!....geez I hate epoiltics!

C'mon the

vCash
    Not the Pieman! Who the hell is he?

The facts are:

1. SA Rugby's top leadership will change on the 28th March - if not sooner - massive graft and corruption scandal about to hit the fan - fingers in till to pay house mortgages - cover ups - buried dossiers on corruption - bribes - pay offs - jail time

vCash
    too quick for me here - OOPS

2. In comes a new SA Rugby leadership that believes in the fact that South Africa has 6 Super 14 franchises

3. Whole sale changes and reform follows in South African Rugby with salary caps and salary floors. That means the last placed SA S14 side makes way for the Spears

4. Dan Carter comes off contract end 2008 and would be perfect for his career to play it out on the fields of SANZAR and the beaches of Port Elizabeth

vCash

I dono wat to think about Haymaker's post

vCash
    I do ..... think he is right on the money there personally, SA Rugby is often more embroiled in scandal than Aus and we complain about the excesses here... you aint seen nothing believe me, SA Rugby is a shambles ready to explode

vCash
    Go Haymaker, go Zimeric and go the Spears.

I'd love to see them playing - they can embody the new face of South Africa Rugby immediately.
    The other franchises have to build slowly to what ever the future natural balance of players will be.

Nice work guys - thank you for a refreshing post.

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    No.8 - you are swift around the base of the scrum and show some neat footwork in cross cover.

There is a storm brewing in South Africa. Hoskins has just double crossed his SANZAR partners in a TV deal that he never read.

The business media reports in South Africa declare that it is a shady deal and Hoskins haste to get a R30m down payment to cover the red ink under his watch.

Hoskins and his team appear to be playing fast and loose and plundering the SA Rugby treasury.

vCash
    You seem incredibly well informed Haymaker.......Now I'm sure you're not Growden!

I don't doubt the likelihood of what you're saying, I just doubt the Spears will find a lot of room when the S14 can't expand until 2010!

C'mon the

vCash
    The whole relegtion debate that surfaced a couple of years back will only benefit one group of people - the lawyers. They are probably starting to gather evidence for why the Spears should be included and the expense of the Lions/Cheetahs or Stormers for next years competition. Like last time, this will be a drawn out process that wil affect all SA rugby, both on and off field for the next year.

vCash
    thats not the point the point is they were promised - on paper no less that they would be included in the Super14 and that didnt eventuate. id be pissed too if i were them to be honest.

Believe me Grahamstown and PE have two of the most famous rugby schools in SA if not the world. Grey College & St Andrews. most of their boys get snapped up by Traansvaal and Natal Teams so this a perfect opportunity to play for their home region and develop the game across the nation.

I mean they have 2 teams in one city and another team 60kms away in the Lions, Bulls & Cats ok fair enough the cats have been squished now but it would be sooo good to see rugby in PE. They have a great stadium there and passionate fans.

vCash
    ZIMERIC

You are right on the money.

Besides which the Spears represents an entire geographic area - the Eastern Cape - very similar to Western Australia that has been excluded.

How can one exclude 470 rugby clubs and 200,000 rugby players?

You can't. That is why the Spears will appear sooner than you can say "2009 Super 14 Schedule".

Media will report financial irregularities and bribes next week at SA Rugby's head office made by their CFO, MD, President & Chairman - all in collusion.

Where is Rudi Guiliani and the Grand Jury when exposing corruption on a scale this large?

vCash
    ZIMERIC

Have a pal that played for Marendellas and then Old Hararians as he lived in Macheke.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast