Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Henjak/Sare Saga

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash

The Henjak/Sare Saga

I'd like to start this by stating that I'm not defending the actions of either player.

After reading through this whole drama I've noticed a huge wave of crap has been chucked at Henjak and he has been the guilty thug whilst Sare has been portrayed as the poor guy with the busted jaw.
    As soon as this story broke, it has been all Henjaks doing. From members of the public, the Press and up to the ARU boss calling for his head.

Here's the little thing I have been pondering.
    If,and just to repeat IFHenjak is cleared of this disaster and found to have been defending himself and Sares broken jaw was the result of a provoked situation.
    How many people will apologize to Henjak for what they have said??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    I bet JO'N won't apologise.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    i wont...

on the field - off the field.. to retaliate is week and bad form.. if sare hit him he should have laughed it off/walked away/ been bigger than the situation...

and you blokes going on about self deffence are promoting what exactly???

auss.

vCash
    The media and ARU will say the Force rigged the trial to get thier player off and then step in to say the Force have been lying and attempt to crucify Henjak themselves...of course all backed up by inside sauces...

vCash
    I was always told if someone hit you, you could hit them back and still claim self defence. It sounds good to me.
    Am not condoning the fight at all, but with alcohol in you and surrounded by the lads, can you honestly say you could just walk away?

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    i wont...
    Well that's your choice. But the law says you can defend yourself. It also says you're innocent till....... well you know the rest.

vCash

thinking u can retaliate = condoning the fight

Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    I was always told if someone hit you, you could hit them back and still claim self defence. It sounds good to me.
    Am not condoning the fight at all, but with alcohol in you and surrounded by the lads, can you honestly say you could just walk away?
    think for a minute about that.. you can't say you support hitting him back and then say you don't condone fighting?? really??

and could i walk away in the same situation??.. that would all depend on me putting the lads (my team mates) and my club ahead of my dented little ego.

seems elementary to me..

auss.

vCash
    i wont...
    on the field - off the field.. to retaliate is week and bad form.. if sare hit him he should have laughed it off/walked away/ been bigger than the situation...
    Laughing...yeah that would have gone down well.

and you blokes going on about self deffence are promoting what exactly???
    The law. And correct spelling and grammar.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash

???

Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    The law. And correct spelling and grammar.
    th lor?? eye dunt cee wat ... (ah fuk it)...

i think the law is secondary here.. the important thing is the club and rugby as a code in the public eye.. you blokes who seem to like the idea of having a good excuse to leagaly jobb sombody can go on all day if you like (and about spelling too, wich is the whole point flames made in the beginning) .. while those of us the love the game can continue to try to defend it as a great code... too our mates and thier wives shake there (wrong there too) heads at us say yeah but look at that..

who cares about the law in this.. ??? not me.. (mre bad grammar)

vCash
    who cares about the law in this.. ??? not me.. (mre bad grammar)
    The law is the one constant in all this situation, despite all the various witch hunts conducted by the ARU and SMH if the situation is deemed appropriate by law then they have nothing to argue, if Henjak acts in self defence we don't have to sack him, which gives us at least this season to train up a replacement. Our image will continue to be attacked so what is the point of trying to save face. I think rugby in WA will only lose the fair weather supporters because of the various media scrutiny and to be honest, who needs them?

vCash
    Who cares about the law? Seriously? I'm pretty sure that's what our society is founded upon, but hey, I could be wrong? What do you think they base the code of conduct upon? My point is that this incident has nothing to do with Rugby aside from the fact they were a pair of rugby players. If any two other work mates got into a punch up at a bar on a weekend do you think anyone in their office would give a shit? I hardly think so.

We are not condoning violence by arguing self defence. Are you trying to say that woman who is getting raped should sit back an take it? Or that Or that if someone is trying to kill you, you should just let them in light of being the bigger man? Get serious. There is a reason self defence exists. Sometimes 'walking away' isn't an option and frankly when it comes down to it, when natural instincts kick in, you will always protect yourself regardless of whatever higher morals you claim to possess.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash

really???

Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    I think rugby in WA will only lose the fair weather supporters because of the various media scrutiny and to be honest, who needs them?
    i was a "fair weather supporter" once.. i grew up in WA country playing AFL.. so i'm along way from rugby born and bread..

and i can tell you who cares about them fair weather supporters...... it's somthing called "sponsorship dollars"... these "sponsorship dollars" also care about the general publics perception of the game.. they are very fussy things... and "sponsorship dollars" help muchly with things like the ARC.. which you lawyers don't seem to care too much for?? am i right? did you not like the ARC.. waste of money?? bad place to put "sponsorship dollars"??

i was mortifyed when the ARC was canned... i wonder if you can see that the cuture you are wanting to promote is a small part of the reason.. also.. if the "LAW says" thumping someone back is fine, why cant we do it on the pitch?? are we more advanced than the law (and i'd like a lawyer/coppers view on your interpretation of this) maybe?

a few more "fair weather supporters" may have made the ARC more viable.. and some of them may have become real suporters too... even...

some fragile ego cops a bit of lip and the whole code is in the news for all the wrong reasons and you lot worry about whos right and wrong

that will be 20 more juniors who's mums and dads won't let them play next season.. look at the big picture. sheeshh!!!

auss.

vCash

rape... kill..

Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    Are you trying to say that woman who is getting raped should sit back an take it? Or that Or that if someone is trying to kill you, you should just let them in light of being the bigger man?
    so you think sare may have been trying to kill henjak??

ok.. you have apoint. that's the best argument somene has put up here and i'm sorry i was wrong.. i can easily see how somone would want to kill henjak.

i'm not sure he was trying to rape him though?? although i guess thay may have been a possibility too if you say so..

auss.

vCash
    The ARC was canned because the ARU refused to promote it and wanted to get rid of Gary Flowers last act as CEO, perception and fair weather supporters had nothing to do with it.

Notice how despite the problems surrounding the Force in recent times Emirates renewed thier sponsorship? Also despite the Weagles being in a constant state of media contraversy there isn't a large amount of thier sponsors refusing to not sponsor them again.

Now I am all for new supporters coming in and loving the game of rugby but the types of people I cannot stand are those that go to a game to see a team win every game without knowing much of the rules and goes there for the social scene. (like the supporters who show up in Eagle gear) These are the types of people who claim they are disgusted and won't renew thier membership because two blokes got in a fight...I mean, do you even like the game of rugby if this is the thing that makes you abandon your team?

vCash
    I'm a chick auss - I'm not actually supposed to be able to make up my mind!
    Guess it's between what I think is right and what I'd do if actually faced with the situation - it would be different
    And we need to know a bit more about the circumstance behind the fight before we judge either player. It would be nice to see the media being a bit more open minded as well. We know from past experience that they wouldn't judge an eastern states player so harshly!

Last edited by eleypinkbit; 15-02-08 at 10:50.
    Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast