Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Henjak/Sare Saga

vCash
    I like to think I've managed to stay neutral in this whole affair. Made a conscious decision to wait until I knew all the evidence before I said anything I may end up regretting following the findings by the misconduct tribunal.

Innocent until proven guilty and I just hope that all the evidence is presented, justice prevails no matter what that result may be, and that we can all go back to just enjoying the rugby! Think the biggest tragedy of this whole debacle has been that it's stopped people from focusing on the fact that the season is starting sooo soon and that ultimately the game is bigger than the individuals and we should all be so happy that we have rugby to watch again!

Lets leave the craziness to the lawyers and go back to loving the boys and watch them play some seriously classy rugby!

Go Force!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    some fragile ego cops a bit of lip and the whole code is in the news for all the wrong reasons and you lot worry about whos right and wrong
    Mate....have you seen the photos of Henjak?

If haig did that with is lip imagine what he can do with his fists.
    I'm definately extolling the self defence argument...It's a basic right of our society...If someone's kicking the crap out of you, you are allowed to take reasonable actions to stop it.

I'm pretty sure if someone was doing that to my ear, I'd be interested in stopping him, not sitting down to sip Lattes Now if you make a habit of letting people getting away with tap dancing on your head...good luck to you, you're a better man than I, but if this is really self defense, and Henjak hasn't gone over the top (ie he fought him off rather than retaliating in vengeance) I say get off his back and take your ivory tower somewhere else!

C'mon the

vCash

!!! and sexist too it seems !!!

Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    I'm a chick auss - I'm not actually supposed to be able to make up my mind!
    well that line alone is worth a groan.. LOL

this discusion is starting to remind me of a "depeche mode" filmclip...
    except we are not wearing sumo suits..

auss.

vCash

ivory smivery..

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Mate....have you seen the photos of Henjak?

If haig did that with is lip imagine what he can do with his fists.
    I'm definately extolling the self defence argument...It's a basic right of our society...If someone's kicking the crap out of you, you are allowed to take reasonable actions to stop it.

I'm pretty sure if someone was doing that to my ear, I'd be interested in stopping him, .....
    i've not seen any photots yet.. can sombody post some.??..

btw.. i think you are ment to walk away from a situation like that BEFOREsomone starts standing in your mouth??

it takes two to fight.. so they are both crap.. if henjak walked away when sare started spouting (asuming it was sare that started the intercourse -see other post) there would be none of this?? i imagine a few words were exchanged before the thing got physical?? i think it's pretty unlikey he just walked up to him and got the arms going.... it's when the stupid talk starts that you walk away.. not when you are eating knuckles..

chineese saying;
    "man with other persons fist in mouth have few options but probaly helped put it there"

i say it again.. fragile egos.. sheesh..

vCash
    so you think sare may have been trying to kill henjak??

ok.. you have apoint. that's the best argument somene has put up here and i'm sorry i was wrong.. i can easily see how somone would want to kill henjak.

i'm not sure he was trying to rape him though?? although i guess thay may have been a possibility too if you say so..

auss.
    I'm sorry. I should have realised that using examples to support an argument would have been beyond you. My mistake.

Why don't you stop making assumptions that Henjak is the bad guy and start looking for the evidence to give you a basis for your argument. The photos have already been posted if you'd bothered to look.

Antiussentiment if you feel that strongly about it how bout we hit JB's next week and i'll beat the crap out of you and you can let me know if you feel like having a cup of tea and having a chat afterwards?

Last edited by Jehna; 15-02-08 at 14:38.
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    People's personal SM arrangements are a private matter between consenting adults and should not be the subject of public discussion on this site.

vCash

really..??

Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    Antiussentiment if you feel that strongly about it how bout we hit JB's next week and i'll beat the crap out of you and you can let me know if you feel like having a cup of tea and having a chat afterwards?
    well that should prove henjak was in the right.. yes i do feel strongly about it... else i would not bother posting anything else here.. but i would not be hiting anyone for it.. i doubt it would change your mind anyway, but i think it's important that people know that not all rugby fan like a punch up (its a more AFL thing i feel)...

maybe i should come down and show everyone how to take a punch? you would not be the first bloke to punch me (though i was much younger last time it happend *scratches chin*)..
    there is no way i'd ever hit you back though... so you'd be completely safe getting a free swing at an old (ish) man...

but just so we know where we stand on this..
    1/ i'm cranky because two players have made my favorite S14 team look dodgy for no good reason i can see..
    2/ you are upset that henjak is being unfairly picked on??? correct me if i'm wrong there??

BTW; does the TWF web forum condone threats and net bullying over a difference of opinion? i'd be interested to hear what the coach thinks.??

vCash
    maybe i should come down and show everyone how to take a punch? you would not be the first bloke to punch me (though i was much younger last time it happend *scratches chin*)..
    JEHNA IS A MAN??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goony View Post
    JEHNA IS A MAN??
    Only on fancy dress weekends! I've heard she looks great in a police uniform!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    If I didn't know Jehna was a wee lass, (not saying a wee lass couldn't hurt a fella!) I might feel a bit threatened by that statement also....

Anyways - difference of opinion here being flamed by crap press. We'll all feel better with a win under the belt tonight and this Sare/Yak matter will will sorted come Tuesday.

vCash
    By David Campese
    February 15, 2008 THE Western Force have made one thing clear with their handling of the Matt Henjak case -- they obviously don't care about the image of the game.

The image coming out of Henjak belting a teammate and breaking his jaw is that rugby union is getting like rugby league.

And we don't want that.

That sort of thing used to happen in rugby league all the time, fighting among each other. That didn't happen in rugby union. The game has definitely changed.

What's very clear is that Henjak shouldn't be playing in the Forces' opening game.

Firstly, the Force shouldn't have even let him go on tour.

But after one of their own players has been belted and had his jaw wired shut by another player, for Force coach John Mitchell to say "it punishes the team to suspend him" -- that's absolute crap.

What the Force should have done is deal with it immediately.

They should have made Henjak apologise straight off the bat.

And if they don't end up tearing up his contract, then they must think about a long suspension and a heavy fine. Not $1500 -- whack him with $10,000 or $20,000 and it's actually going to hurt him in the back pocket and finally make him think about his actions.

The Force appear to be ignoring the ARU's wishes, but they have got to realise that if it wasn't for the ARU these guys wouldn't be playing rugby.

The joint is only two years old but they seem to have a player in the press every second week for all the wrong reasons.

The ARU went missing for a couple of years, but John O'Neill's back and that's a good step. I have never really seen eye to eye with O'Neill but I must say it's fantastic to see him being rock solid on discipline.

The image off the field is more important than on the field. No individual is bigger than the game.

In the old days, when we went on tour for Australia, you were an ambassador for your country. Off the field people judge you and who you represent.

But one of the biggest problems I find is a lot of these young guys have no life, they're only rugby players. They get so bored and get themselves into situations where this sort of thing happens.

Henjak has been in trouble before, obviously. There was the fact he was sent home from a Wallabies tour and there are other alleged incidents that have been hushed up.

It's amazing that he came out and said: "I've been to see special people about my problems and I'm happy now." Then he goes and breaks a teammate's jaw.

Unfortunately, he's come from Canberra where, over the years, they've had a less than golden off-field reputation. It began when a bunch of them ran amok in a taxi in South Africa.

I don't know if it's a culture bred down in Canberra, but it's very frustrating to see a guy like Henjak behave the way he does.

In the end, it's no surprise he's not playing for Australia. He is obviously not good enough, he has a high opinion of himself and the Force aren't helping with their soft stance on his behaviour.

By letting Henjak play, they're allowing a guy to break someone's jaw and get away with it.

But With or without him, the Force will struggle to beat the Sharks at home.

Now look everbody is jumping on the bandwagon

Share this article: Digg this Post to del.icio.us Post to Newsvine

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    No matter what happens with Yak / Sare, one truth remains - Campese, you're dickhead.....

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    You're still a wordsmith, Coach

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    No matter what happens with Yak / Sare, one truth remains - Campese, you're dickhead.....
    I second that remark
    I hope the Force beat the Sharks tonight with a hell of a score, just so Campese can swallow the crap that comes out his mouth

vCash

btw.. i think you are ment to walk away from a situation like that BEFOREsomone starts standing in your mouth??

it takes two to fight.. so they are both crap.. if henjak walked away when sare started spouting (asuming it was sare that started the intercourse -see other post) there would be none of this?? i imagine a few words were exchanged before the thing got physical?? i think it's pretty unlikey he just walked up to him and got the arms going.... it's when the stupid talk starts that you walk away.. not when you are eating knuckles..

chineese saying;
    "man with other persons fist in mouth have few options but probaly helped put it there"

i say it again.. fragile egos.. sheesh..

mate, if someone wants to start on a particular person. or if its already started, there isnt much the bystanders can do. because someone will be able to get at least one punch in before mates or whatever step in to seperate. walking away might not be an option if the other party follows you, or is gearing up to throw a punch. because at the end of the day, if someone really wants to hit someone else, there going to do it eventually.
    Its also not cut and dry as to who can walk away... HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING!!!!! what if there was some guy who hit one of your female mates? would you just help her pick up her teeth and then take her to the hospital?
    (i am in no way saying that this was the cause of the altercation though, because i dont know anything. This was just the first situation that came to mind having intervened in a sitation like this before).

re. self defence
    The law states that self defence is a reaction to someone else's initial action.
    as long as you dont throw the first punch you are allowed to incapacitate the other party and that is all. OR, you are allowed to act on someone's behalf who is unable to help themself, as long as you dont do anything more than incapacitate the person. - go on question me on this, i know im right having been in a self defense situation before, in the example i sighted before; as well as when there was no third party to step in and help.

at the end of the day all we know is:
    there was an altercation.
    sare has a broken jaw
    henners has a messed up face.

so there was more than one punch thrown.
    we dont know who started it. all we know is what happened.
    until we do know what happened. focus on the game tommorow morning. and the team as a whole. seeing as at the end of the day, thats what matters.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast