Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What happens if Jak and Sare get sacked ?

vCash

What happens if Jak and Sare get sacked ?

Stupid Question ?

What happens if both players get suspended at the insistence of the ARU - for longer than a couple of weeks i.e. sacked ?

Do the ARU give the Force dispensation to get new players if they do the "right" thing ?

or do we play the rest of the season with two players down in the Squad ?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    I doubt sare would get the sack cause he has a clean record worst is hed get fined and suspended but couldnt say the same for yak

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    No idea, but frankly I'd be viewing with extreme cynicism any attempt by the ARU to impose findings or penalties. It is for the Force to decide what is appropriate, and the ARU can go shove their heads up a dead wombat. They can have their say at the end of the year, when Henjak's ARU contract is up for negotiation.

vCash
    Let's join SARU or NZRU instead if they try any funny business...

vCash
    why pre empt what may happen i know lets wait and give all a fair go eh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by main game View Post
    I doubt sare would get the sack cause he has a clean record worst is hed get fined and suspended but couldnt say the same for yak
    Even if Sare is suspended it porbably wouldn't have much effect because he can't play at the moment anyway...unless they impose the suspension after he has been deemed fit to play again?!
    But we shouldn't write them off now they may just get their pay with-held for a while? Who knows until tuesday?

vCash
    yes only a few days to go and all will be reveiled.

vCash
    *fingers crossed for henners!

vCash
    I am not prempting the outcome of the enquiry - but it seems JON etc.. are putting the screws on us to sack em and ask questions later - however they don't seem to be offering EWF any compensation for doing it - say this happened in Tahland - not wishing this on them or anyone - would they get compensation i.e. a chance to replenish the squad - If it was all 8 players at the Pub invovled in the Brawl would we be expected to field a squad - 8 players

vCash
    if only we hadve thought of 'warraths'

vCash
    I really can't fathom this push by the ARU to sanction a player before the hearing. RugbyWA guidelines were stated by Mitch Hardy and they clearly state that any player who is cited may play up until the case is heard....surely these guidelines are developed from ARU guidelines...if they are different, surely they have been ratified by the ARU....a judge and a lawyer heard the initial hearing where the lawyers requested a recess. It all seems well and truly above board to me...sure it works in our favour, but you can't argue against us using the rule of law to benefit us, ask any lawyer, that's how the system works. The law is there to set the guidelines of how far you can go. We haven't overstepped them so get stuffed ARU....as for suspensions. I'd be pretty sure that RugbyWA will not put any dodgy sanctions out there for this case. The media will be straining at the leash to say we've slapped the boys on the wrist, so Hardy will make sure the guys are sanctioned adequately based upon the rules. If JO'N wants to exceed the standard of the rules in the case of one player, I'm sure there'll be a bunch of lawyers happy to help Matt plead his case at a court of arbitration, and if the standard is exceeded, he'll win!

Have faith in the system people. They'll only go if they deserve it. I look at Matt's face and there is plenty of room for an argument of self defence! I haven't seen Haig's face yet, but he's obviously gunna have a scrape or two as well. It'd be cool to see a photo of Haig before the Op, he'll probably be a bit bruised and swollen post op, but a fresh faced Haig Sare with a broken jaw vs the mess that is Matt Henjak would make me feel a lot more confident about Matt getting off!

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I doubt either player will get the sack. Sare would be unlikely to get it because there is less pressure on him from John O'Neill. As for Henjak is that Henjak's contract runs out at the end of the year so they'll find some way to punish him pretty badly (a fine, a few weeks suspension etc etc etc) but still be able to bring him back in if things go tits up with his replacements they would not wish to sacrifice an entire season at this crucial stage in the Force's development. At the end of the year no other franchise will want him and the ARU will not top up his salary. Therefore he either goes of to Europe or Rugby League or the much, much less likely option which is that he re-signs with the Force (if they want him) at a very low pay and spends the next 3 years on the straight and narrow working back towards what he came so close to this year before screwing it up. But that would be an act of maturity that I don't think he has in him. One way or another I sincerely doubt he will be with the Force in 2009. Which brings up the question of who will be the Force's future 9? I can't find many players who aren't with another franchise from old U/21 or U/19 teams. Maybe if marquee signings come in we can get a halfback from the islands or from Europe. I'll have to have a look.

vCash
    I dunno James, I look at the photos, and I don't see how Henjak's got a helluva lot to worry about...It sure seems that he's been pretty badly beaten, and it doesn't appear to my eyes that he's given much back. Sure his record isn't good, but i think that many of the things that have been reported since this came out (O'Meara's son....OFFENDING a woman) could have been as a result of provocation.....I'm not close enough to the team to say with any accuracy, but I would contend that there is room here for an assumption that Jak has grown up a bit, but not made it all the way yet. I hope that he's handled fairly, and that any sanction that' is imposed will help to bring him closer to the standard that is expected of him.......let's face it, letting him go now, will only see him pick up a contract with another team (probably OS) where standards are not necessarily as stringent. He'll see out his career the same angry little boy who started it....what has rugby done for him then? I'd rather see a program put in place to ensure he gets out of the code able to function in society, that might be a rotating series of fines for minor offenses or counseling, whatever it takes.....just like Scotty Fava we need to fix the guys who have problems, if sacking them will perform that act...go for it, but if it will be counter-productive, avoid it until it's no longer possible.

Unfortunately, given the vitriol in the press on this incident, I think Henners can kiss his ARU contract goodbye, the shit is that he could well have been the victim here!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    If he is indeed the victim then I guess it will come down to the integrity of the other party, of which an inkling of that has been shown by the lack of police complaint I would suggest.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Ok folks I've not explained myself here properly:

1: If the Press and Aru are to be believed then they have hung drawn and quartered us without a fair hearing
    2: If it was left up to the press, the Aru and a lot of the general public they both should be sacked
    3: Rug2byWa seems to have to preside as the judge, the jury and the executioner (if required ) in all of this
    4: RugbyWa will have a hell of a job convincing anyone that they are innocent - even if they are
    5: RugbyWa is caught between a rock and a hard place - if they are guilty and they sack em - they don't get replacements (to the best of my knowledge!) so it does not seem in their interest to sack em
    6: With no 5 in mind - if they are innocent - RugbyWa has to convince Everyone that they have done the right thing.

The whole setup is against RugbyWa and ultimately against the EWF sorting it out properly -
    6:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast