Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What happens if Jak and Sare get sacked ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I would contend that there is room here for an assumption that Jak has grown up a bit, but not made it all the way yet. I hope that he's handled fairly, and that any sanction that' is imposed will help to bring him closer to the standard that is expected of him.......let's face it, letting him go now, will only see him pick up a contract with another team (probably OS) where standards are not necessarily as stringent.
    Couldn't agree more GIGS and to be honest, I'm pretty sure that Mitchell and even Robbie Deans think the same way. I watched an interview with Mitchell the other day and it seemed pretty clear to me that even though he was annoyed that Haig can't play for 6-12 weeks, he was more annoyed by the possibility that off-field behaviour could be allowed to affect who plays in the team and who doesn't. It seems to be that both players are at fault here. It was a drunken punch up between two mates (we think). In the real world no one would care beyond the pub. It would not effect the every day man from rocking up at his job the next day and letting bad blood pass under the bridge. But because the media are intent on turning this into a circus to push ratings, suddenly this incident permeates much further. It's stupid. So long as this doesn't affect the team as a whole and their ability play together why should it be prolonged? And further more, why should it affect either players contracts with the ARU?

Unfortunately, given the vitriol in the press on this incident, I think Henners can kiss his ARU contract goodbye, the shit is that he could well have been the victim here!
    I'm hoping that Robbie holds to his promise on picking a talented team. I get the feeling he may have a similar mindset to Mitchell where frankly his concern is the players ability on field and their dedication to their game. Unfortunately, Robbie's backing may not be enough to convince the ARU to extend Henners contract but seriously if they don't, I'd be throwing some big questions at their dealings with Tuqiri.

It all seems well and truly above board to me...sure it works in our favour, but you can't argue against us using the rule of law to benefit us, ask any lawyer, that's how the system works. The law is there to set the guidelines of how far you can go. We haven't overstepped them so get stuffed ARU
    Legally you're right GIGS...we're covered. I think the show is more about proving to the media and critics that the ARU are not soft and will not tolerate this sort of behaviour. They have to at least make it look like they're doing something.

Anyway i'm with Burgs. Lets wait and see what Haig says. I think this was a far fairer fight than the media is painting.

As for the original question, I'd say it'd be pretty unfair to not let us replace the boys if they've been suspended....i'm not sure there is a precedent for it?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    What a balls up!
    I just hope that the players are treated like people and that they actually get helped through this with the compassion they deserve because lets face it they have been mates in the past, possibly still are, and just had a punch up. I hope this doesn't turn out like the problems the Eagles have had, where they seem to have just gotten rid of the players involved but not actually dealt with the problems....
    I'm thankful thet RugbyWA have decided to ignore ARU and hopefully the players' issues can be sorted out and disciplined as NECESSARY not just given the boot, where the problem could just happen somewhere else.

vCash
    You draw a good parallel mentioning the WCE there Laura. It seems to me that the is being tarred with the same brush. Wild Wild West is the catch cry of this position in the media and it's definitely all about cover ups and ignorance of misdemeanour based upon a player's talent. Well in the absence of ation in this case I point to the way Scott Fava has been handled to compare with Ben Cousins.

Ben Cousins has had a long and documented history of drug taking and misdeed. The club's response to this has (generally been) this occurred out of competition hours and is nothing to do with us...Ben has continued...to the detriment of his livelihood (and possibly his health)

Scott was found to be over a team posted alcohol limit at training and was immediately suspended from the next match....now this obviously didn't stop Scott drinking evidenced by the Quokka incident taking place at all but things seemed to be pretty quiet on the western front for a while. Scotty gets pissed and acts like a tosser for a night, on an occasion where the COULD have pulled the Weagles line (of non competition, he's not our responsibility) instead they investigated, re-investigated and sanctioned Scott, he's lost his position as a team leader and is paraded in front of the media to apologise. I'm pretty sure the rehab activities he's undertaking are required by the team.

I read this more as a team that's committed to fixing the off field problems of the men, rather than hiding stuff and sacking the ones we can't cover up!

C'mon the

vCash
    EXACTLY what I meant but you put it better. The Force are fortunate that someone cares enough to help them through their problems not just kcik out to carry on somewhere else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2