Thread: Fitter set to prop up Wallabies scrum

vCash

Fitter set to prop up Wallabies scrum

Emirates Western Force recruit, David Fitter, has his fingers crossed that a strong performance in his club rugby final, this coming weekend, will result in a starting berth in the Wallabies side for the November tour of Europe.

As of late, Fitter, the Sydney University prop, has been seen to be the solution to the struggling Wallabies scrum. Being selected by Eddie Jones has been seen by Fitter as the perfect motivation heading into the final this weekend.

"I was over the moon when I found out I'd made it," Fitter said. "I think I have a decent chance of making the Wallabies starting side if I do two things: play well in the club grand final next week and train hard with the Wallabies squad."

Fitter, at 121 kg, is believed to be a major reason behind his club team's success this year; providing considerable stability and power to the scrum. All compliments aside, Fitter still believes he has plenty more to do before being ready to compete at test level.

"Eddie [Jones] wants us to work on everything," he said. "When the Wallabies were losing during the Tri Nations and Bledisloe Cup, people were saying I should get a chance and that scrummaging was my forte, but I am untested at Test level."

"Until I do more training and have had experience, I am far from being at the top of my game. And I need to work on my speed at the set piece."

When speaking of his move to the Force, Fitter said: ""Playing for the Force was a big opportunity for me and a good chance to get regular Super 14 game time."

"Most Force players you speak to will say they are very excited about the sea change and being the first to play for a brand new club."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Really impressed with what I saw of Fitter playing for Uni this year.
    He's in the front rowers prime years and this Wallaby experience should prove to be his coming of age.
    Fitter is an excellent piece of the Force Squad and I hope Eddie stands behind him for a couple of starts in Europe.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!