Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition Discussion

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Petition Discussion

With the new announcement on the "Super Stadium" and the start of the season there is renewed enthusiasm for getting a suitable ground for us rugby punters and a traditional petition seems to be a start.

Before we can act on this we need to know what it is exactly that we are petitioning, and if it is reasonable.

We need to come up with a short statement stating this so that when collecting signatures the petition can be explained in just a few seconds and the signature obtained.

We should probably make it applicable across all areas that would make use of a rectangular stadium (rugby, league, football, hockey, concerts, monster truck exhibitions etc etc)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    hockey wouldnt be suitable because they play on artificial surfaces these days

vCash
    Thats it Coach, dont just say that we want a stadium for the Force, but a rectangular stadium for various sports and events. As a fan of league and football as well, the NRL wants a team here by 2012 and FFA wants to bid for the world cup and it would also be a good thing for hosting Socceroos internationals more often, espeacially because of Australia joining the Asian confederation and the middle east is in this confederation as well (closer time zones, less travel etc)

Champion
    vCash
    What about the possiblity that the Force will use MES when Subi is out of action before the new stadium comes on line. Surely MES will have to get some sort of upgrade for that to happen so it would just be a case of raising a bit extra cash to do a proper job!

vCash
    'We the undersigned petition the state government to reinstate the requirement of a dedicated rectangular stadium to the proposal. We consider the existing proposal for a multi-purpose stadium to be unsuitable to the needs of the sporting codes which require a rectangular playing surface.'

I'm not sure whether to include a suggested course of action or just leave it at WE WANT A DEDICATED RECTANGULAR STADIUM!

C'mon the

vCash
    Just leave it at that for now i guess and see what kind of numbers we get. Would we need to speak to Rugby WA about it so that we can be outside a few of the gates??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Just leave it at that for now
    Maybe not. After Stooky's response to the announcement maybe we should be petitioning RugbyWA.

vCash
    True, petitioning them to grow some balls and to say that the decision is crap and that rectangular sports got the shaft

vCash
    It's obvious RugbyWA aren't going to do anything, so it is up to us.

We could have a giant march with thousands of Rugby Fans dressed in Rugby Shirts through the streets from Subiaco Oval to Members Equity Stadium - showing where Rugby Union should be moved from and to. We could chant things like - Rugby, Rugby that's for me, please won't you move it to Members Equity!
    Or give us M - M. Give us E - E...etc...what do we want - Members Equity!

or let's have a riot - the government will listen once we have running street battles with the police and the army.
    We could throw some lumps of pavements are the pigs. Set fire to cars, smash windows you know all the usual anarchic stuff!
    They'll soon come round to our way of thinking!

People Power!!!! That's what the ARU said when they announced the reason for the location of the new team.

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by no.8 View Post
    People Power!!!! That's what the ARU said when they announced the reason for the location of the new team.
    Yeah, but I don't recall the riot squad being called to control the "Rugby Mums".

vCash

Proposed Action

As I have stated in other threads the petition sound slike a great idea.

Marching sounds good, maybe even a great idea. Guess the police have to be informed, and we need permition for it, but I am sure it can be done

Rioting sounds a little too aussie rules yobbo to me sorry.

If these ideas are to go ahead, I think it would be a good idea to inform rugbyWA and the state government and/or the departments in question of the proposed action when it goes ahead.

Also get some local newspapers and radio involved at the game day when the petition is being signed. Never know might get picked up by the news if world gets around; maybe people know people who know people, if you get my drift!

Once the petition is done, and if nothing happens of it, maybe everyone interested here can send an email to rugbyWA and the government. Of course the email would have to be the same for all.

Does anyone know how we can get the league and football supporters involved with this movement!!! Yeah 'movement' i like that word.

Well I hope this "movement" goes ahaead. I guess there are three weeks to go. If we want this petition done, I can get a communications pr to have a looksie over it for us, give us the right wording!!! May even be able to help with some newspaper reporters to!!!

Here to the MES Movement!!

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unipirate View Post

Does anyone know how we can get the league and football supporters involved with this movement!!!!!
    I can help with League (WA Reds)

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I was gonna volunteer to get them involved but if you've got your channels TIF that would help. What about football (the Glory)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unipirate View Post

Also get some local newspapers and radio involved at the game day when the petition is being signed. Never know might get picked up by the news if world gets around; maybe people know people who know people, if you get my drift!

Does anyone know how we can get the league and football supporters involved with this movement!!! Yeah 'movement' i like that word.

Here to the MES Movement!!
    Hi Unipirate - Three legends of the media monitor this website - once we get all of our ducks in a row they'll splash it on the airwaves of 6PR/Channel 7 and in the informative tabloids of the West Australian and Sunday Times.

I would think the WARL wouldn't be too concerned as they are already at home in MEQ (they might come out on sympathy vote) as are the Glory (although they would be useful if it came to rioting though!)

No, my friend it is time for TWF to flex it's powerful muscles and slap the government in the face with the gauntlet then lay it down and show them that we control the sport not RugbyWA or the ARU!!!

Right Coach what do we next?

Brother Gallagher I hear you

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I think marches and such public displays need to be approached with great care and be well organised. A failed attempt at a demonstration (say only a couple hundred turning up) could possibly do more harm than good by making the supporter base appear insignificantly small.

I would guess that unless we have 100's obtaining signatures on petitions, this will need to run over pretty much the whole season at every home game if we have hope of getting over 10, 20 or 30 thousand signatures.

An individual is only likely to get 100 or so sigs pre-game plus possibly the same post game if they are willing and able to put in a couple hours - it's a big job!

6 home games x 20 volunteers x 100 sigs (for an hours work) = only 12000 signatures.

It may be worth hitting the members in the stands - hand a piece of paper and pen to seat one, they pass it down the line and meet them at the other end to pass it to the next row. ?

In addition to volunteers at games collecting sigs from the crowds, sporting goods stores, rugby, league and football clubs would be good places to have copies of a petition for local members/players to sign.

It may be worth getting the first few signatures to be big political and/or business figures - anyone friends with the Packers?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast