Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RugbyWA Chairman Geoff Stooke OAM Responds To New Stadium Announcement

vCash

RugbyWA Chairman Geoff Stooke OAM Responds To New Stadium Announcement

RugbyWA Chairman Geoff Stooke OAM has welcomed the State Government's decision to develop a new multi-purpose stadium that will incorporate rectangular as well as oval sports.

Click here to watch Geoff Stooke talk to the press

Stooke said the multi purpose stadium was going to be a great facility, not only for AFL but for rugby too.

"Any loss of membership that we have had, 90% of it has been the stadium they have had to watch the game at these days," Stooke said.

"It (the new stadium) is not perfect, but it is 85% of the way. The fact that we have retractable seating means that spectators can get very close to the action."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    GROW A PAIR AND TELL THEM THAT ITS COMPLETE SHIT!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm going reserve my opinion for the next decade until it's complete

vCash
    Well isn't Stookes showing how much of a softco*k he is...It is a pitiful result for rugby, areseclown....

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    I'm with you on this, FrontRow.
    Stooke talked shit for years about getting a new stadium, now he's playing nice guys with politicians (after rugbywa stuffed up). I reckon its just an excuse for stookey to get his head in front of the camera again. He looks like he loves that.

He knows Rugbywa has been screwed and this is disastorous. How can this happen? What the f$%^ has rugbywa done to get a worse position that we were promised a few years ago.

An upgrade to members equity to 25,000 people would have at least been better.

Just goes to show the afl totally dominate this state. We need some clout with government to get a better playing field.

vCash
    A bit of "bend over, and touch your toes, this isn't gonna hurt too much..."
    "JEEEEEEZZZZAAAAARRRSSSSSEEEEEEE....."

By the way, welcome to the site jonesy...

vCash
    SHIT and I just said I might think about ditching my membership if they said exactly this!

Hope the new CEO's got a dick!

C'mon the

vCash
    I just read your response on the previous post...
    relating to them "rolling over"...

Quote from GIGS on post What are your thoughts on the new stadium? - Western Force Rugby Supporters Site

Shasta...the major reason I'm maintaining my membership, in a stadium which is rubbish is to support the team....sure it'd be easy to save 450 bucks a year....spend that on foxtel...get a good view of the rugby and cheaper beer.

anybody think the atmosphere at subi rocks? 4000 bodies beat that at MES! nope I'm keeping the membership so that they have an extra 450 bucks every year towards the cause.......the only thing that's likely to cause me to drop my membership is if they give up the fight and start saying that this is the best solution!

Interesting what response you've given, re the new CEO...

Last edited by frontrow; 09-02-08 at 12:55.

vCash
    I don't care if the new CEO's female, you couldn't get any more dickless than that response from Geoff!

C'mon the

vCash
    Why does RugbyWA gain from constantly backing down like this? Do they have a deal with the government not to give them grief? It makes no sense at all, it seems all the government seem to do is screw us over while RugbyWA just acts grateful for the punishment....I mean, the WAFL has been kicking up dust and whinging after we were supposed to get our stadium and now they get thier own 1.1 billion stadium...where is the reasoning behind RugbyWA's approach when it hasn't got us anything besides grief and the WAFL's approach has got them a 1.1 bilion dollar stadium!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Cheers Frontrow.
    Mate, I might live in Brissy these days but I'm still half a force supporter.
    I found Stookes commentary an absolute load of bullshit. If they pushed hard for a rectangular stadium why did rugbywa end up with $0 for members equity? The administration has a few things to explain. I'm not inpressed with the wafl/wafc but at least these know how to play politics and get what they want.

Stookes answer was a sign of someone badly beaten and now trying to befriend government and the wafl. Interesting strategy I reckon mate.

There are rumours floating around now that stooke and rugbywa were doing deals with fong and brian burke to get the stadium they wanted. is this in the WA press? Would be crap if it was true. Obviously they didnt pay brian burke enough.

go force and reds!
    cheers

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Unnamed Sauces indicated to me that ex CEO Mr O'Meara was constantly "pushing" the government on the stadium and other issues which the Board did not really appreciate, they said "we need the government" but Peter thought otherwise which could have been pert of the early departure.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash

Oh no O'Meara

Oh great so now I find out that we loose a CEO that may have actually been the one man that might have had the balls to get the stadium the supporters wanted without the government!! DAMN IT ALL TO HELL. The chances now of getting a CEO that has some gusto and doesn't pander to the board is going to be difficult. I do believe from what I have read now, that the WF board really do have the blinkers on. The WF have been a huge success here, you can't tell me business hasn't noticed this fact! Yes made business can help the cause??? I have heard on the grapevine that Ellis Park in RSA was refurbished to its amazing state back in the day by provate money. Yes there was a main contributor but businesses were the ones that were given the option of supporting th build. I guess they were given corporate boxes and advertising deals at the ground, sounds like something maybe WF board could do. As I have continuously stated, this isn't just an issue with Rugby, football and league could also be contacted and included in these plans. I don't feel this issue has been raise din the public arena enough, maybe a petition needs to be made, newspapers need to be spammed with letters to the editor and some local radio needs to be included. Is this an option supporters would be open to??

vCash
    Maybe we should all start sending letters to the Cockburn City Council as they still want a stadium.

BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

Apprentice
    vCash
    WA Rugby's Geoff Stooke was quoted in the Sunday Times, as saying that the proposed development of Members Equity was a temporary fix only, until the new Subiaco multi-purpose stadium is ready. It is geat news that there seems to be some serious response to the complaints of Western Force supporters about the inadequacies of the present Subiaco stadium, but I think that Stooke is missing the point on the suitability of the proposed new multi-function stadium.

The fact is that when the stadium is "converted" to a rectangular field, there will only be perhaps 10% of the total crowd that will be in the closer movable stands on the sidelines. Most of these will probably be taken by corporate people, many of whom are not real rugby fans. The great majority of seats will be in the oval configuration and too far from the action. The 60,000 stadium will be neccessary for rugby test matches, but for the Super 14 match a smaller dedicated rectangular stadium is required (as it is also for soccer and rugby league)

If the temporary development of ME goes ahead, Force supporters will be very happy with close up rugby for 6 or 7 years, and will be most unhappy when moved back to long distance viewing at Subiaco.

Yes, Mr Stooke, good on you for pushing for a rectangular field asap, but please realise that the "multifunction" stadium will not be a satisfactory rectangular solution for Super 14 games, nor for Glory or rugby league games.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast