Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New stadium to be built in Kitchener Park

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rick boyd View Post
    I clearly remember standing in Rugby WA HQ during the launch of the Force and hearing Alan Carpenter (then Sport and Rec minister) solemnly declaring how committed the state government was to rebuilding Members Equity to accommodate 24,000 and field all the coporate facilities needed for the big spenders our game attracts. And THAT is exactly what the Force really needs.
    Not to mention some decent floodlights. Bleah...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    can we just move to MES? then they will HAVE to do something about it?
    because last night was MILLIONS of times better than any other game ive been to.

p.s if we do move there. i'll call the seat i had last night. try and take it from me.

vCash
    Jono if we move to MES, will you give up your Membership? I thought MES only sat 12000, we've got 15000 members don't we?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    can we just move to MES? then they will HAVE to do something about it?
    because last night was MILLIONS of times better than any other game ive been to.

p.s if we do move there. i'll call the seat i had last night. try and take it from me.
    There is zero chance of this happening. The sticking point is corporate facilities and until we get a swathe of swanky corporate boxes where high rollers from the big end of town (who actually pay the real money for Australia's most solvent rugby franchise) can sip their unwooded chardonnay in comfort, then forget it.

vCash
    unfortunatley...

and theres your reason to redevelop already gigs!

vCash
    If the seats do retract to make a true rectangular stadium then I am totallly fine with the concept; but if it's going to be some half arsed job, which i'm pretty sure it will be, then I say we protest!

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    I wont call this a win due to the fact that the state government promised us an unpgrded MES to the tune of $25 million. But surely anywhere else has to be better then Subiaco oval, Subiaco oval isnt even good enough for AFL let alone rectangular sports. I WOULD prefer an upgrade/new stadium of our own though. It all depends on the multi-purposeness (II enjoy making words up as i go) of the new stadium, sure they say that it will be a similar set up to Telstra Stadium in Sydney (or has it changed names ) in regards to being changed from oval to rectangular configuration but how often will it happen due to damage to the surface beneath the movable stands. Having it moved from oval to rectangle 2 or 3 times a year for big events such as International Rugby tests etc (International Games of most derscriptions) ISNT good enough. If it is to be truely multi-purpose it will be moved every time the Force play there or any other rectangular sport plays there, whether or not that will happen i guess we will find out in 2014. Hopefully the Government will have the Balls to tell the WAFC "your not running it" and will appoint an independent group/board/whatever to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Jono if we move to MES, will you give up your Membership? I thought MES only sat 12000, we've got 15000 members don't we?
    MES holds 17,500

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    i'll vote for whoever says there gonna give me a rugby stadium!

now woo me you lying bastards!
    I agree with that wholeheartedly

vCash
    Would appear Adelaide wants one now..........

Perth stadium plan stirs calls for an Adelaide version

BERNARD HUMPHREYS
    December 19, 2007 03:00pm

NEWS that a 60,000-seat super stadium will be built in Perth has stirred hundreds of AdelaideNow readers into again calling for such a venue here.

A week after readers overwhelmingly called for a new stadium to be built close to the city centre, the AFL, WA football chiefs and that state's government have brokered a deal to move football from Subiaco to a brand new $850 million facility.

Do you reckon Adelaide's sporting facilities are being left behind? Vote in our poll on the right of this page, and have your say by filling in the comment box at the bottom of this page.

Both an AdelaideNow reader poll and many reader comments on this story have demanded that such a stadium be built close to the city in Adelaide.

At 2.25pm, 408 readers had voted in our poll and 325 of them (79 per cent) agreed we should build one. Only 41 voters (10 per cent) said we should not.

In comments posted on the site, many readers have expressed frustration at this state for falling behind others in the development of such infrastructure.

"Well you can't have a new stadium, can you? That would be a progressive thing to do, oh no couldn't have anything too modern in the Museum city? God you would start to be like all those other cities," says Andrew G of Null.

Tony Gilleland of Exeter says that Adelaide's failure to build such as stadium is "just another example of this city continuing its unbreakable legacy of being just a town".

"It's time Adelaide got moving into the future! Be proactive rather than reactive! A new multipurpose stadium in or around the CBD has worked where ever it has been implemented. Why do we insist on renovating AAMI stadium when it is clear that the majority of SA is behind a new stadium close to the city," says Craig of Adelaide, who also wants the State Opposition to make the stadium an election issue.

Robin of Adelaide says that "once again poor old Adelaide is left out again. New stadiums in Melbourne, Sydney and now Perth. Better roads in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth. Electric trains in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth. Better entertainment in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth".

But not all readers support the idea of a new stadium and Graham of Adelaide is among many who have cited the cost.

"Yes, it would be nice to have a brand new stadium, and everyone agrees with that. The problem is that new, state of the art stadiums cost a lot of money. Do any of you care where that money comes from? Would you be happy to be taxed extra to cover it?" he says.

AdelaideNow... Perth stadium plan stirs calls for an Adelaide version

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullback View Post
    They are probably going oval..with the stupid add on slide in stands to create a "rectangular" looking field.

It May work.
    the add-on slides are made of smoke and mirrors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    the add-on slides are made of smoke and mirrors.
    and nothing is as it seems..............................he he he

vCash

Football(soccer) and Rugby need to band together

Ok I am just putting this out there, but I think it is time the two football codes (maybe even three if the whole league talk come to fruition) that keep getting left out in the dark in this state have to band together in a partnership and get a rectangle stadium! If the goverment doesn't do it, well there might just need to be private money put in to this whole venture. I understand some codes don't have the huge backing that the rugby has here (seriously was not expecting the support when I moved here 2 years ago, its great), but maybe it can be worked out so that it would be fair for all 3 rectangle football codes. Stadiums around the world get built without full monetery backing from governments all the time. Why not here? I do realise that the new proposed stadium has movable side seating, but please that won't make it an atmosphere to watch rugby in at all (unless the seats actual move up as they move out, which I have a feeling wont happen!!) Fans for the 3 fogotten football codes in WA want to beable to catch all the action from where ever they are sitting in a stadium. For that the seats need to be close to the action and steep. A very good example in Australia is Suncorp in Brisbane; I watch 4 games of the RWC2003 there and it was bloody amazing, I had different seats everytime, and I had great views everytime; from down on the bottom tier to all the way to the top tier, you are always seeing the action!!! I am sure it can be worked out to have a rectangle stadium in the city, as well as an oval one! I know Brisbane does and it is great, why can't Perth?? I do think the WF managment need to flex some of there money here and slap this labor government around with a wet fish, because they have been left out to dry once again. If all else fails maybe the WF moneymen can have meetings with the Libs and shore up some deals; then all they need to do is back them at the next election and maybe we can say good bye to the lying Laborites and hello rectangle stadium. My argument does have a lot of ifs and buts, and is completely a huge maybe, or even a maybe not! BUT THIS STATE/CITY NEEDS A DECENT RECTANGLE FOOTBALL STADIUM. Oh by the way MES would be a great place to have this stadium, because it is on a small piece of land it would be forced to be steep seating which would be amazing (go to Cape Town and seen the Stormers play if you don't believe me!!!) Well again just had to get that off my chest, thanks for reading if you got this far!!

vCash
    Brilliant first post unipirate, well said...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Good call unipirate, my main concern with the plan, and i'm not shooting it down because i'd love to see a plan like this come true, but the government might attempt to block the sale of land, put pressure on local councils to stop anything happening in an attempt to pressure sports like Rugby and football (REAL football) into having to use their stadium.

Like i said before donmt shoot ther messanger but it wouldnt surprise to see the WA state government try somthing like this. But a plan like that that does have ALOT of merit and should be looked at for the sake and the future of of the rectangular sports. Because i'd rather be sitting in a 30,000-35,000 boutique stadium then a monster 60,000-70,000 stadium with no atmosphere

Great first post unipirate and welcome to the site

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unipirate View Post
    Ok I am just putting this out there, but I think it is time the two football codes (maybe even three if the whole league talk come to fruition) that keep getting left out in the dark in this state have to band together in a partnership and get a rectangle stadium! If the goverment doesn't do it, well there might just need to be private money put in to this whole venture.
    You've been reading my previous posts haven't you Unipirate? The way I see it, Soccer and Member's Equity have the land, Rugby and (let's face it) most of the movers and shakers in the CBD have the cash....all we need to do is secure the rights to develop the land and come to an agreement with the MES board, Rugby would probably kick in the majority of the funds, and participate in a joint (or Independent) management agreement. Just good business! If you stitch it up soon enough on paper that's where the pressure will be put for the killing off of a 60000 seat white elephant for WAFC to masturbate in!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Found this site. Different perspective and a bunch of pictures.

New Perth stadium to be built at Kitchener Park - SkyscraperCity

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast