Thread: RugbyWA Seeking Application's For CEO Position

vCash

RugbyWA Seeking Application's For CEO Position

On December 10, 2004, at 11.30am RugbyWA and Perth pulled off a remarkable coup, beating Rugby Union Victoria and Melbourne for the right to host Australia's new Super 14 team. Since that time the organisation has exceeded expectations on and off the field. Are you a CEO that can lead RugbyWA to new heights of success?

• Outstanding, high-profile role
    • Strategic, leadership position
    • Make your mark on Rugby in Western Australia

Chief Executive Officer

Rugby is one of the few truly international sports and is played in over 130 countries around the world. It is a sport strongly based on tradition and sportsmanship and rugby in Western Australia reflects this. The ethos and values adopted for the sport in this State are integrity, unity, courage, excellence and energy.

Over the past 10 years there has been enormous growth in participation and interest in community rugby in Perth. RugbyWA’s strong grass roots and community base proved to be a major factor when RugbyWA was awarded the fourth Australian Super 14 team in December 2004. This heralded the start of professional rugby in Western Australia and the ultimate birth of the Emirates Western Force.

RugbyWA is seeking a passionate and committed CEO to lead and manage the staff and operations of RugbyWA, including The Emirates Western Force, to ensure optimum performance on the field, commercially and financially……. The CEO will also create an efficient, motivated, satisfied workforce in which the professional and community arms of rugby are fully integrated.

To be considered for this high profile role, you will have significant and successful commercial experience managing a business at CEO or major divisional executive level with outstanding strategic and public relations skills. Your ability to project manage numerous projects with responsibility for financial analysis and budget control is essential. Management of a high profile or sporting organisation will be well regarded.

To ensure your suitability, you will:

• be able to communicate at an exceptional level with the Board and Management team
    • be able to maintain and develop exceptional stakeholder relationships
    • be a true team player that develops a team approach to the achievement of the strategic goals and objectives.
    • have the ability to perform at optimum level under pressure.

This is an outstanding opportunity lead one of WA’s most high profile sporting organisations to new levels of success.

For confidential inquiries, please call Nada Dixon, Branch Manager - Executive and Mining & Resources, on 9479 0150 or 0439 937 292.

Applications close at 4pm on Tuesday 19 February 2008. All applications will be directed to Integrated, RugbyWA’s preferred recruitment supplier.

RugbyWA | RugbyWA Seeking Application's For CEO Position

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    anyone around here interested ?.....

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I'll send in my CV... wonder if I'll get an interview?

vCash
    Well I'm interested.......

Haven't got a bloody hope though!

Maybe the fact that I'll be cheaper than any other applicant will work in my favour!

C'mon the

vCash
    I'm surprised to see a CEO position advertised like that.

Your ability to project manage numerous projects with responsibility for financial analysis and budget control is essential. Check, You run TWF on a limited budget

Management of a high profile or sporting organisation will be well regarded.
    Check, TWF is a very high profile organization. Not as high as GTT but stilll high
    To ensure your suitability, you will:

be able to communicate at an exceptional level with the Board and Management team Check, You do with your moderators, bookies, & chatmasters

be able to maintain and develop exceptional stakeholder relationships Check, you keep peace amongst the members

be a true team player that develops a team approach to the achievement of the strategic goals and objectives. Check, your great at posting polls!

have the ability to perform at optimum level under pressure. Check, live game updates

The Force would be making a huge mistake if they didn't hire you Coach! Just don't forget about us when you're making the big bucks!

vCash
    RugbyWA Seeking Application's For CEO Position

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

wtf is the apostrophe doing there?

I think I'll have to put my hat in the ring - seems like they need leading from the front.

Warmest regards,

The Grammar Nazi

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes, but what will the lucky overpaid bludger who gets the job actually have to DO?

The qualifications , broken down, seem to be:

Project manage numerous projects= watch other people do the work and then tell them they didn't do it as well as you would have.

Previous experience in a high profile sporting organisaion preferred= where's free lunch Fong when you need him.

Be able to comunicate at an exceptional level with board and management team= ability to get on the piss with broken down ex Nedlands and Associates hacks without succombing to an overwhelming desire to punch them out.

Be able to maintain excellent stake holder relationships= ability to bully every new recruit into turning out for University cause they suck and its the only way to make them competitive.

Ability to develop a team approach to achieving stratigic goals=be good at giving the arse to anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Ability to perform optimally under pressure=I didn't do it -he did.

Sounds like the job for me, though I'd probably fall down on the third criteria.

vCash
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Bob Rieneke you thinkin' Fulv??

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Wasn't Bob with Cott.?

vCash
    Just the free lunch bit did it. Top bloke though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    ability to get on the piss with broken down ex Nedlands and Associates hacks without succombing to an overwhelming desire to punch them out.
    That's me out!

C'mon the