Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Informations about Brock James

Prospect
    vCash

Informations about Brock James

Hi !

You should know that Brock James has just signed in a french team for the next season.
    I'm a supporter of this team (ASM Clermont Auvergne)
    I'd want to know your opinion about this player because he's not very known in France. I think he used to be a very good player when he was younger.
    He's going to be the incumbent flyhalf for this year and I don't know if he had good skills in your team.

According to you what are the in and outs in his play ?

Waiting for your answer

Thanks !

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    interesting life he's had - play for Aust in the sevens, get knocked back to play for the hurricanes because of that.. I think he's a good kicker though, did well for Force Gold against the Sharks!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    I thought he had a good season with the Force, and is useful in several positions in the backline, not just fly half. He must have fell out of favour at the end of season to be leaving here, but we do have some high quality replacements coming, so maybe he thought his options would be limited by staying here. As i`m a forwards man, I`m sure some more informed member will give you a better run down on his form. Cheers, and welcome to TWF, hope you enjoy it on here.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    It was Brock's misfortune that Hilgendorf was a revelation at 10, grabbing his chance with both hands and a bear hug. That left Brock behind two strong players, with a young prospect behind him.

With injuries to players, he did get a more regular run towards the end of the season. I thought he did well, but needed a little regular playing time to really grow into the position, develop his poise under pressure and get full benefit out of his raking kick. He certainly has the instincts, with the play that sticks in the mind being against the Crusaders - a beautifully timed pass to Staniforth opening the gap to create the break, looping around for the off-load and completing the try himself.

Personally, I'm sorry to see him leave but can understand if he thought his options were limited.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Welcome aboard neojulio.
    You are getting a pretty decent player with Brock James.
    His career was stalled by injury at the Reds and, if not for that pause, he could well have found a permanent start there rather than the recruitment of Berrick Barnes.
    He has a booming kick on him and often can make great advances with that.
    For some reason he didn't really click for the Force and often gave away possesion with bad kicking decisions.
    As suggested above, he was basically squeezed out with the depth in that position within the Force Squad.
    His peak so far has been his time playing for the New Zealand NPC side, Taranaki where he was a point scoring machine and owns at least one scoring record that I know of.
    In 2006 James had 4 starts and (I think) 4 bench selections plus some other fixtures.
    You can find an extensive listing of his career through this Old Collegians web page: http://www.oldcollegiansrugby.org.au...ockjames.shtml

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    he was actually renting a place in subi from my aunty and uncle... i wonder if they know he's going to france...

I made Happy sad...

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jessc
    he was actually renting a place in subi from my aunty and uncle... i wonder if they know he's going to france...
    without paying the rent

Prospect
    vCash
    Thanks for your answers. It 's obvious that it will be very difficult for him to substitute our previous flyhalf Stephen Jones but Vern Cotter (our new manager) has a great confidence in Brock.

vCash
    neojulio82,

Whats the local club there like as I will be looking to buy a place in the Auvergne region in the next couple of years.

I've seen a couple of places that I am interested in, but I would also like to know what sort of sporting entertainment there is available to me in the region.

Cheers

Prospect
    vCash
    What do you want to know exactly ? You should certainly know that the Auvergne offers beautiful landscapes with volcanos and farmlands. In winter, you can ski and have beautiful trekking in sunny seasons. There are a lot of different kind of sports in Auvergne but all the cities are not equal.
    Clermont-Ferrand is the main city in Auvergne and offers good opportunities.
    Rugby is the leading sport with ASMCA and other teams with good skills. We have also football teams but they are not very renowned.
    As we have a lot of mountains, the Auvergne also allows extrem sports.
    Clermont-Ferrand and outskirts have one of the best level in fight sports as well.

Player
    vCash
    I didnt even know Brock was leaving.....its a bit of a pity as i thought he had a decent season for the Force and would be great for our depth in the backs next year. Good luck to him in France and i hope we see him back in Force colours in the future!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Brock James is leaving but with any luck our very own home grown West Australian Brock James (read Will Brock sorry) will make the step up this year....one Brock for another sounds pretty fair to me.

Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 25-07-06 at 13:55.

vCash
    Do you mean Will Brock?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyFan
    Do you mean Will Brock?
    You got it......still some blood in my alcohol system sorry!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neojulio82
    What do you want to know exactly ? You should certainly know that the Auvergne offers beautiful landscapes with volcanos and farmlands. In winter, you can ski and have beautiful trekking in sunny seasons. There are a lot of different kind of sports in Auvergne but all the cities are not equal.
    Clermont-Ferrand is the main city in Auvergne and offers good opportunities.
    Rugby is the leading sport with ASMCA and other teams with good skills. We have also football teams but they are not very renowned.
    As we have a lot of mountains, the Auvergne also allows extrem sports.
    Clermont-Ferrand and outskirts have one of the best level in fight sports as well.
    Thats the sort of information that I wanted to know about actually

I'm not to certain about the skiing part but I am sure that I could live with it especially since I would be contracting in England during that time...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast