Thread: How did you wake up this morning?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

How did you wake up this morning?

Did you feel a little funny? A sort of weird feeling? Did you fell like something was amiss?

Well....if you did, you are probably one of the thousands of Western Force Supporters who were screwed over not once but TWICE in the single day.

Firstly we were well and truly done over by the WA Government and the AFL over the future of the Stadium. So what did we get out of this dalliance? Bugger all....a oval stadium with questionable seating that is supposed to be moved closer to the play. But unfortunately I can only see the movable stands not moved in the interests of the "preferred occupant" the AFL.

Then while we were still catching breath from that first encounter we were screwed over by our own ARU by dumping the Australian Rugby Championships. Enough said as its being well discussed elsewhere.

I am not even sure I would enjoy a cigarette after being screwed like that

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    So what did we get out of this dalliance? Bugger all....
    No Gerry, we actually got a bloody big rent bill for a less than adequate stadium!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Who says we have to use it? (Apart from Geoff Stooke of course, heard him on ABC radio this morning tugging his forelocks and saying thank you, thank you).

Does Geoff still have forelocks?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I have been playing with my crystal ball and I have seen in to the future;

The stadium is constructed and its a magnificent edifice to architects and engineers, and could only be loved by the aforementioned people and their family's.

The first game of Super 16 Rugby Union season is played with the Google Western Force up against the Air Pacific Islanders and a crowd of 43,000 are there to soak up a complete lack of atmosphere in the brand new 70,000 seat multi purpose arena to watch Force veteran and loved Captain Bam Bam Pocock crash over for 2 tries, and win the match by 47 points.

The next day the Stadium is reconfigured so the Red Roosters West Coast Eagles can play their match against the Snappy Tom Cats from Geelong. But controversy erupts in the 3rd quater when Joe Smith the champion Rookie from the East Kickatinalong league twists his ankle on a blade of grass around where the turf has been re-laid after the Stadium reconfiguring of the night before.

Immediately Eagles Coach Benjamin Cousins calls for the banning of the reconfiguring of the stadium during the AFL season which brings support from the WAFC and the operating Executive of the stadium chaired by Karl Langdon.

The fact that young Joe Smith was only off the ground for 7 minutes seemed unimportant to all.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    How many people would march on the Parliament to demand a rectangular stadium? I'm sure interrupting the Pollies session of playing silly buggers/representing the people of WA will get them to realise that Perth isn't a one dimensional sporting state anymore....and with immigration sure to continue from countries which, (shockingly) don't follow AFL, it is reasonable to think within a decade or two the demand for a rectangular stadium to play soccer/rugby will be much larger...hell, why don't we just do away with democracy and bring in a dictatorship which won't need to pander for votes and could (social injustices aside) get some work done!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'd vote Liberal if they could get a rectangular stadium and I'm in Paul Omedei's electorate and I honestly can't think of a more vile person in Western Australia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

Does Geoff still have forelocks?
    Should we be asking whether he has any other things????????

BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

vCash
    i think we need to get planning on another march thing. but not at subi this time. we shouldnt have to use it more than we have to.
    langley park?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    From what I understand RugbyWA have seriously looked at playing Force games at MES if membership continues to decline each year. There would be corporate tents beside grandstands for pre and post match functions, but the gold silver etc would be sitting in open stands.......

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!