Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Movies by Burswood

vCash

Thumbs up Movies by Burswood

Hi guys, particularly if you are in Perth.

I am involved in Movies by Burswood, an outdoor theatre that donates 100% of its profits to children's charities. Opening night is Thursday 20 Dec and it goes through to 5 April.

You should support it. Please? Go on, it's in the best location, has the best parking, is the most relaxed, got the biggest screen - in fact it's just the best of the outdoor cinemas.

More info is here http://www.moviesbyburswood.com.au/

If you tell them I sent you then you will get a warm and fuzzy feeling as you pay exactly the same entry fee as the bloke just in front of you and that couple right behind you, but they will not get the quizzical look from the cashier that you get! But you will still be helping the kids.

Go on, have a look at the program and choose which nights you'll go.

.......and don't we just love daylight saving when we are trying to run an outdoor theatre?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    When I was younger - we had one of these in the Northern Territory on the Air Force Base I was stationed at.

brilliant - take a deck chair and an esky and your smokes (I used to smoke when I was younger)

the only problem was having the mad splash and dash about 2/3 of the way thru the movie.

Awesome fun, I would highly recommend it.

Tho, I am sure Ecky will tell you that its a drink and smoke free venue. either way, I would still go.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    The Value card would make a great Christmas gift!

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Tho, I am sure Ecky will tell you that its a drink and smoke free venue. either way, I would still go.
    Make a night of it and buy a whole bottle!

They have a nice selection of beer, wine and mixed drinks! I'm not sure about smoking but you shouldn't smoke anywhere.

vCash
    Yep, you can drink inside the venue, we are licensed. The license says you can't bring your booze in.

There's plenty of booze to be bought at the bar at the venue, and, on the positive side, you are helping the kids' charities by buying that drink. Or those drinks.

And yes, it is a no smoking venue. So if you are a smoker, you just go stand outside the fence to puff and then come back inside.

And the mad dash & splash is not too much of a burden as the Burswood's public toilets are right next to it. (Not so close that you can smell 'em but)

vCash
    Do they still do the Monty Python double a couple of times a season?

War is Gods may of teaching Americans Geography

vCash
    We did the first couple of seasons - and also some other classics like Rocky Horror - but now it's all new movies. Pretty much.

Don't let that stop you coming along but. The first half of the season's program is on the website. Second half is being prepared right now - we just want to get the newest and best movies we can...

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Ecky, how is it possible for a sight impaired individual with a hearing impediment (such as a referee) to enjoy a movie?

vCash
    Doesn't need to enjoy, only to endorse!

"I'd like to see that movie!"

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Ecky, how is it possible for a sight impaired individual with a hearing impediment (such as a referee) to enjoy a movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Doesn't need to enjoy, only to endorse!
    Well, as it happens, it's the biggest outdoor screen in WA, so that helps the vision impairment - and there's a surround sound system to help the hearing!

But, apart from that, when I'm working there (as a volunteer, I might add - we're all volunteers) I am too busy to actually watch the movies anyway.....

So I am endorsing it! Come along and have a look Fulvio, you're just up the Canning Hwy aren't you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    I am involved in Movies by Burswood, an outdoor theatre that donates 100% of its profits to children's charities. Opening night is Thursday 20 Dec and it goes through to 5 April.

You should support it. Please? Go on, it's in the best location, has the best parking, is the most relaxed, got the biggest screen - in fact it's just the best of the outdoor cinemas.
    You wouldn't be involved in the wine purchasing side of things, would you...??!!! Last time I was there, the selection was average (and not just in the fact that there was no Barwick Estates available).

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Yes, well, no I'm not involved in the wine - or any other - purchasing.

What happens is that we hit up everyone we can think of for sponsorship. If it's a wine mob and they give us the first delivery at no cost (as sponsorship) then, guess what? We use them as suppliers!

It tends to change each year. The actual head honcho of our merry little band is, in fact, in the liquor indusrty, so there is a bit of discernment. I actually don't know whose wines we have this year, but am about to nick off from the computer to the OPENING NIGHT OF MOVIES BY BURSWOOD so I shall find out.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Sounds like a great idea Ecky, nice work

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Hi guys, particularly if you are in Perth.

More info is here http://www.moviesbyburswood.com.au/

If you tell them I sent you then you will get a warm and fuzzy feeling as you pay exactly the same entry fee as the bloke just in front of you and that couple right behind you, but they will not get the quizzical look from the cashier that you get! But you will still be helping the kids.

Go on, have a look at the program and choose which nights you'll go.

.......and don't we just love daylight saving when we are trying to run an outdoor theatre?
    Season 2008/09 starts 5 December, so now is the time to return to the website to get the details on what movies you will come to see this season!

Along with the regularly-scheduled movies, there's a whole bunch of Friday midnight sessions this season, with "cult" movies (or soon-to-be-cult) on show. Even with daylight saving it should finally be dark by midnight....

Should be a great season; come along, check it out. Go on, you know you want to.

vCash
    Nice the Monty Python Double is back

War is Gods may of teaching Americans Geography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Nice the Monty Python Double is back
    Oh dear, thats terrible..................................wait.... ............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast