Thread: the next rugby world cup is ours, says robbie deans

vCash

the next rugby world cup is ours, says robbie deans

deans is confident, hopefully mitchell and nucifora will be his assistants that will be announced in january...

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005401,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    going to take some getting used to having Deans meaning the wallabies when he says 'ours' and 'we'

but I love it!

I made Happy sad...

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes, I think he'll be keen to prove his value and Aust will get the best effort from him. i was worried he was trying to double dip in coaching Crusaders, but it seems its only to finish of the 2008 season.
    As for developing a new 'no baggage' approach, that will be harder than he imagines. He's already got 2 S14 coaches peeved at him as they wanted the job - lets see how much collateral damage comes from the 'staff shake up' and see if he'll get broad support then.
    The best part, in my opinion, is that its a 4 year contract. Time enough to build something. Besides, an extra edge to Bledisloe cup matches is always welcome.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hopep View Post
    Yes, I think he'll be keen to prove his value and Aust will get the best effort from him. i was worried he was trying to double dip in coaching Crusaders, but it seems its only to finish of the 2008 season.
    As for developing a new 'no baggage' approach, that will be harder than he imagines. He's already got 2 S14 coaches peeved at him as they wanted the job - lets see how much collateral damage comes from the 'staff shake up' and see if he'll get broad support then.
    The best part, in my opinion, is that its a 4 year contract. Time enough to build something. Besides, an extra edge to Bledisloe cup matches is always welcome.

Bledisloe can wait, we're gunna have Mitchell v Deans in Melbourne in February for the first pre season game. I wonder if they'll share the same box!!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Given he is hanging on for the Crusaders, how big are each of the four games against Australian S14 teams going to be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hopep View Post
    As for developing a new 'no baggage' approach, that will be harder than he imagines. ... - lets see how much collateral damage comes from the 'staff shake up' and see if he'll get broad support then.
    I think 'no baggage' is the only way he can go. You don't want to be backed up by people you can't trust/work with. He needs to make it obvious he's putting together a 'New Wallabies' one that will make a clean break with the issues of the past.

Sure this involves collateral damage, probably in bucket loads, but he has already stepped on toes by being appointed, he's not going to unring that bell. Do it right and the results will ensure respect follows.

Let's face it, he's only pissed of Link and Laurie Fisher anyway. His front row will be heavily stocked with reds (coz they're big) and his backline will be ocean blue.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    His front row will be heavily stocked with reds (coz they're big)
    Wouldn't necessarily bet on that - one thing I have always noticed is that the Kiwis value strength and mobility over just size. Probably easy when they have all three, but it will be interesting to see what RD puts in place for the forwards.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    If i was a Wallaby forward i would be doing some serious strength and aerobic work now. Pity is, most of them do said torture program. Non Wallabies are licking their lips in anticipation.Lets hope the power base of our rugby shifts from over there to merit, wherever you are based or live. Exciting times for Oz rugby hopefully. Deans, Mitchell and Nucifora rolls of the tongue nicely.

Trestle....cya.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing