Thread: stadium ticket price jump.

vCash

stadium ticket price jump.

western force ticket prices would double under the WA governments plan for the new multi sports stadium club cheif executive peter o'mera has said,"that is simply unaffordable, under the current financial model the afl and ourselves will be underwriting the rent, passing on of costs would be enormous or could mean a $1,000,000 loss to us.

as in todays sunday times....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    DOUBLE?

That's unacceptable...they're trying to build a support base up over here and they won't be able to do it if ticket prices double, let alone them playing at a multi-sports stadium (where fans are still somewhat away from the action)...some rugby fans just won't bother turning up and will just watch it on their tv, live and active!

vCash
    Jeez, I'm struggling to justify $65 a game for my season ticket, I just don't think I could live with myself if I had to pay $130 a game for seats 30m from the action.

Foxtel would be the best value for money in that case.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Jeez, I'm struggling to justify $65 a game for my season ticket, I just don't think I could live with myself if I had to pay $130 a game for seats 30m from the action.

You said it

vCash
    I read that in the press too. I don't really understand what "underwrite the rent" means. Wouldn't all sporting franchises simply have an equal fee per fixture to pay for stadium use?

If the fees are to be so high, in comparison to what's paid for Subiaco, that tickets would double there's something drastically wrong with the governmment's model.

vCash
    You're not wrong there shasta, I thought we were getting screwed for rent at Subiaco. Is this just a way for a different group to screw us for higher rent in a stadium that is still unsuitable?

The business case for a private developer is improving daily. Does anyone know of a friendly multi-millionaire?

C'mon the

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Western Force supporters already pay the highest fee per game of any Australian S14 franchise (Sydney is only $5-10 cheaper, the rest much more).
    The current seat prices at Subi are nearly double the cost of the same seat to watch AFL ($37).
    The Subi AFL prices are the highest in Australia. Comparable seating in Melb is around $20-25, in Syndey $20, and Geelong gets decent seating for under $18.

So Subi oval is the most delapidated, 3rd world, venue with the highest prices.
    Now the new stadium will be even worse for the average punter.
    Is anyone surprised that the WAFC and AFL want to 'manage' the new stadium - it a gifted cash cow and has long been abused. It will not be built for at least 8 years leading to an inflationary increase to over $100 for a mediocre seat. Don't be shocked at $200 plus ticket prices when it does get finished.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

you could probably justify a nice projector and surround set up as well as a once off, as opposed to paying $130 every few weeks during the season for the next 30 or so years...
    hell go all out and go for rennovations to build a cinema room as well. would probably still be cheaper, although you know how bad i am at maths, so dont hold me to that

Quote Originally Posted by hopep View Post
    Western Force supporters already pay the highest fee per game of any Australian S14 franchise (Sydney is only $5-10 cheaper, the rest much more).
    The current seat prices at Subi are nearly double the cost of the same seat to watch AFL ($37).
    The Subi AFL prices are the highest in Australia. Comparable seating in Melb is around $20-25, in Syndey $20, and Geelong gets decent seating for under $18.

So Subi oval is the most delapidated, 3rd world, venue with the highest prices.
    Now the new stadium will be even worse for the average punter.
    Is anyone surprised that the WAFC and AFL want to 'manage' the new stadium - it a gifted cash cow and has long been abused. It will not be built for at least 8 years leading to an inflationary increase to over $100 for a mediocre seat. Don't be shocked at $200 plus ticket prices when it does get finished.
    i believe i paid about $11 for a ticket to see st kilda v adelaide at the telstra dome earlier this year.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by |jono| View Post
    you could probably justify a nice projector and surround set up as well as a once off, as opposed to paying $130 every few weeks during the season for the next 30 or so years...
    hell go all out and go for rennovations to build a cinema room as well. would probably still be cheaper, although you know how bad i am at maths, so dont hold me to that
    and from a real estate agents point of view you can all tell your respective partners that a new cinema room and satellite dish will certainly increase the re sale value of ANY property

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    and from a real estate agents point of view you can all tell your respective partners that a new cinema room and satellite dish will certainly increase the re sale value of ANY property
    dont forget the pool and spa as well. as long as you have a window where one can see said projector screen from said spa of course

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by |jono| View Post
    dont forget the pool and spa as well. as long as you have a window where one can see said projector screen from said spa of course
    I wouldn't go that far in these water wise days, but a custom made bar is also a very good selling point

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    the custon made bar AROUND THE SPA!!! (thats gotta be custom)
    on the other side of course so it doesnt affect the view.

vCash
    Speaking from experience TVs and spas don't mix well!

C'mon the

vCash
    i said projector.