Thread: Reply to luke-the pom...haha

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash

Reply to luke-the pom...haha

Thought I would move my reply into the bar as it is straying from the previous threads purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by luke_the_pom
    oi go eat some Haggis ya kilt wearing scot
    Ah yes and proud of it. Actually wore my kilt last week and had a wee drop o haggis for my tea as it was Burn's day last Wednesday.

For those not aware of Burn's day, Robert (better known as Robbie) Burns was and is Scotland's most famous bard and poet. He wrote Auld Lang Syne which, as I'm sure you're aware, is sung all over the world at Hogmanay (New Year). He wrote n hundreds of poems, my personal favorite is My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose........I'm a romantic at heart.

On Burn's day it is tradition to drink copious amounts of whiskey and have a grand feast of Haggis, Neeps and Tatties. It is also tradition to have the Haggis proudly placed on a large platter and piped into the dining room followed by an address to the Haggis and culminates in the wee beastie being slit open and served.

Hence why I say I知 proud to eat haggis and wear my kilt. Where as, I知 not so sure that many poms would say the same about wearing tassels and bells while skipping round in circles in quaint white apparel.

Go the Force

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    I知 not so sure that many poms would say the same about wearing tassels and bells while skipping round in circles in quaint white apparel.

Go the Force
    Burns day sounds like a great time!

Why would anyone skip around like that though?

vCash
    Thought I would move my reply into the bar as it is straying from the previous threads purpose.

Ah yes and proud of it. Actually wore my kilt last week and had a wee drop o haggis for my tea as it was Burn's day last Wednesday.

For those not aware of Burn's day, Robert (better known as Robbie) Burns was and is Scotland's most famous bard and poet. He wrote Auld Lang Syne which, as I'm sure you're aware, is sung all over the world at Hogmanay (New Year). He wrote n hundreds of poems, my personal favorite is My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose........I'm a romantic at heart.

On Burn's day it is tradition to drink copious amounts of whiskey and have a grand feast of Haggis, Neeps and Tatties. It is also tradition to have the Haggis proudly placed on a large platter and piped into the dining room followed by an address to the Haggis and culminates in the wee beastie being slit open and served.

Hence why I say I知 proud to eat haggis and wear my kilt. Where as, I知 not so sure that many poms would say the same about wearing tassels and bells while skipping round in circles in quaint white apparel.

Go the Force
    hehehe cool my very own thread

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    On Burn's day it is tradition to drink copious amounts of whiskey
    So what's the excuse for the other 360 odd days, doesn't seem to stop any Scots I know

vCash
    why cant we all just get along

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Just having a wee bit of fun luke, no drama.

As for Burgs, well he makes a good point on the other 36O odd days of the year but generally that is the training period for Burn's day with Hogmanay being dress rehearsal.

Go the Force