Thread: Who will lead the Wallabies?

Apprentice
    vCash

Who will lead the Wallabies?

I'm afraid I can not take credit for this piece but would like to congratulate a chap called Monty on the SMH blog page for airing a commonly held view on this subject.

"Who will lead the Wallabies? This must be the least relevant story of the year. You'll need someone who's used to dealing with pansies, and other delicate flowers that seem to wilt in direct heat, so perhaps a florist would fit the bill. Australian Rugby is of marginal interest to the average knuckle-dragger here and of 0 interest to the Northern powerhouse nations that truly drive the game internationally. I've lived here 14 years now and it never ceases to amaze me how self-glorifying Australians are about their sport. Pick up any newspaper from the Americas and Europe on any given day and see how important you are to the rest of the world, (quick hint, turn to the holiday section). It doesn't matter who leads the Wallabies because the Wallabies don't matter. As sponsors disappear and TV coverage deals founder the gutless, pissweak style of rugby favoured in this nation will wither and die like the millions of grapevines drying to a crisp across this wide brown dustbowl."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Mate, I've been in England for almost the last year and I can honestly say England is a pretty messed up country. I don't know who Monty is trying to kid. Noone in England actually wants to live in England they hate it they all want to live in Spain or emigrate to New Zealand or Australia. Hell why has Monty lived in Australia for the last fourteen years if not because its a hell of a lot better a country than the aptly named Old Blighty.

vCash
    That is the same antagonistic stories we have come to expect from our northern hemisphere counterparts since our absolutely piss poor world cup, so we will eat it up, we have over 3 more years of this crap to come...Actions speak louder than words unfortunately...
    And of course the european and american media are interested not in Aussies. It is, and always has been, all about themselves... Well same goes numbnuts, Aussies like to talk about Aussies as well...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty
    As sponsors disappear and TV coverage deals founder the gutless, pissweak style of rugby favoured in this nation will wither and die
    That might be the case down the track. But that "pissweak" style which requires players to be more aerobically fit, run the ball and score more tries is what most of us down here want. Monty and Bulldog can unsubscribe Foxsports and get Setanta. The IRB are unlikely to allow any significant rule changes so they should still be happy with what they see.

If Monty's predictions about sponsors etc prove accurate it won't come about because of the style of play. It will be because too many of our pissweak players have been lured north by the huge money on offer. Even though Rugby is of only marginal, if any, interest to the average knuckle dragger in Europe there are still huge numbers involved compared to the SH. That's where the money is generated from. Strange that they still continually need so many of our pissweak players innit?

Bulldog, you and Monty have the same options as all your kind before you.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Pick up any newspaper from the Americas and Europe on any given day and see how important you are to the rest of the world, (quick hint, turn to the holiday section).
    So today they would have a picture of some piss weak pom laying flat on his back that just had the living shit beaten out of him..........

Our back page today in The West Australian features two women Korean's from the Asia team that played The Internationals over the weekend....not an aussie to be seen and all this on a weekend when Peter Lonnard took out the Australian PGA ahead of respectable field from off shore
    for a third time................if we were so self centred on ourseleves surly Peter would have been on the back page?

What would have been on a English paper a few weeks ago when you didn't qualify for the European Cup?? Excuse and your players of the victorious Croations???

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Bulldog has learned his skills from a master angler. I congratulate him!!

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Bulldog has learned his skills from a master angler. I congratulate him!!
    master baiter more like it

vCash
    We prefer the formal term. Self gratification takes many forms.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    We prefer the formal term. Self gratification takes many forms.
    Including self-flagellation, I believe Chook!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Maybe Bulldog would be interested in Coaches new toy

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Maybe Bulldog would be interested in Coaches new toy
    Unnamed Sauces told me that Bulldog is the Inventor and Distributor...