Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crusaders announce Melbourne base

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I agree with the majority of what you say there oh Mystically Balled one however, just the last point and it may be what you mean anyway. Each TV catchment area should be able to see free to air their own team play their away games live and possibly the home games on delay. (ie, Force shown in WA, Crusaders in Canterbury etc)
    I wouldn't support broadcasting the home games free live as it would detract from the crowd numbers.
    It's fair enough for the AFL where Subiaco is often solde out for Eagles matches etc but the Force need all the crowd they can get.
    I don't think that Melbourne will be seeing their own team anytime soon, possibly not even til after the NEXT contractual period, so for now I guess you can't blame the VRU from grabbing any scraps it can for the public to watch.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Correct Burgs-balled and bald ! Local games (delayed) free to air broadcast necessary. To encourage crowd attendance, broadcast could be very late night or next day. This would still do the job of providing wider coverage of S14 to the people who can't afford Foxtel, which may then encourage them to get along to the local game.
    I can see the above being acceptable to the powers-that-be, but the away game live viewing or even its delay viewing may be harder to negotiate (logistics).
    Any contacts at Foxtel or FTV stations?

I remember when I lived in Perth, the antipathy of West Aussies to Victorians in the AFL sense.
    Now that Perth has a S14 team and Melbourne hasn't, the same feelings seem to be there in a Rugby sense. Not bothered though cos they have every other sport, but the Brumbies have to get into that market and playing pool, not an NZ team, and especially not the all-mighty Crusaders!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2