Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wanker of the Year

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Wanker of the Year

I don’t currently have the net connection to dedicate to rebutting this sanctimonious twat at this time however, some of you may wish to defend the Force.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2007/12/03/parlous-games/

I seriously wonder if perhaps he writes elsewhere under a different pseudonym?
    If he wants to help Australian Rugby then perhaps he should dedicate as much energy balancing the argument by looking at the half of the glass with something in it.

In the responses there are some points that, while still extremist, I will concede but the original post is right out of the RH School of Journalism Handbook.

I’m sorry if Mike Logan is a TWF Member (I hope not!) but that is a pile of one eyed crap

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Let's see what the moderators think of
    Quote Originally Posted by ME!
    GIGST said Your comment is awaiting moderation. | Today This article is the biggest load of one-eyed claptrap I’ve ever heard, and many of the responses occupy the same vein. To compare a D&D incident (misdemeanour) with a cocaine offense (Still a criminal act in some states) is ridiculous! Those of you who would take a drug abuser over a drunk are idiots.
    I’m not attempting to excuse what Scott Fava has done, or to explain it away, minimize it by comparing it to Wendell’s offenses or diminish it’s importance. The fact is, we Force fans are just as disappointed by his actions as the rest of the rugby public, but seriously, he was punished within the guidelines of the team for his first alcohol offense (warning) was punished to the maximum extent of the teams guidelines for his second alcohol offense (banned from playing a match and stripped of the vice captaincy), let’s not forget that this offense was blowing .004 above the posted limit and this offense sees him attract the maximum allowable fine under the ARU collective bargaining agreement. at which point does anybody think that he has escaped punishment?
    Sure, I’m surprised he still has a job, as are many in the rugby community over here, but there is just a chance that he will be rehabilitated as a result of this bit of leniency. I can tell you in no uncertain terms, the boy has been getting a roasting in the media over here, and he is definitely being made to suffer for his actions. do you think this is pleasant for him. As for his admission of guilt, I only heard him admit in the press conference to picking up the quokka and ‘returning it to the ground clumsily’ since he was intoxicated. Believe me, if the WA police and the Rottnest Island Authority had video evidence of an admission (which they could have got by taping any of the news stations) he would be charged under several state laws, not least of which would be animal cruelty.
    I think Scotty has a job, not because the Force are covering up anything, but because they only have evidence that he was careless rather than cruel, and might I remind you that evidence is required before any conviction can be recorded. So you lot need to grow up and stop printing fiction!
    this!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    good one GGST....

the poster sounds like a typical upper crust Sydney club supporter....I would almost go as far to say...Randwick....

vCash
    I too have given the moderators something to chew over:
    Quote Originally Posted by Em of 'The Roar'
    re Nick -
    I don’t think .004 over the players’ agreed limit really counts as alcohol abuse (this was the extent of Fava’s earlier indiscretion, which resulted in a one-match ban and the loss of the vice-captaincy).
    I wouldn’t presume to comment on what the sponsor companies think, but I feel it’s just facile to question the attitude of one of those companies to alcohol. The event has either been dealt with appropriately by the management or it hasn’t, it’s as simple as that.

and re Sheek -
    The WF management imposed high sanctions when Fava was just over the team-imposed limit, as I mentioned above, and have investigated - and then re-investigated - this incident and imposed the highest possible fines. So I’m not sure what’s been swept under the carpet.
    Oh and I think you’ll find that
    ‘Oh! What a tangled web we weave
    When first we practise to deceive’
    is from Sir Walter Scott’s ‘Marmion’, canto VI, stanza xvii
    GIGST - hope you don't mind that I reflected some of your comments - but they bear repeating!!!

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    That's why I don't bother looking at the roar.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Good one GIGST and Em, I thought about it but would not have been as eloquent..thanks.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah ditto Kenya, well done fellas
    They get a pretty free run at slipping into the Force/WA over there at the Roar but for mine this one takes the hyperbole too far.
    Total Bar Room fabrications presented as truths.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I dropped them a line also...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Em-Forcer View Post
    I too have given the moderators something to chew over:

GIGST - hope you don't mind that I reflected some of your comments - but they bear repeating!!!
    You go right ahead Em, those turkeys seem to think it's OK to repeat their fabrications ad nauseum!

C'mon the

vCash
    Yeah - and I reckon they're going to 'moderate' out any comments that don't suit them, judging by how long they're taking to post our replies...

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

vCash
    Yeah, I can't wait to see what I said!

That was actually the major reason I posted it here, for comparison!

C'mon the

vCash
    Mike,

After reading that tripe, I have some advice for you.

You lost me with your opening line. Leave your personal agenda at the door. What the Force guys did was wrong, but they aren't Robinson Crusoe here.

People like you, with hidden agendas, who don't want to see rugby develop, and would probably prefer the RWC be played at Concord Oval rather than Telstra Stadium should really get your head out of the sand and let the next generation enjoy rugby's growth.
    That was mine, now the waiting game

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Your comments have been posted verbatim, the response is a laugh though.
    The article was about all Rugby players and teams, apparently.

I'm not visiting The Boar again.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I dropped them a line also...
    Under the name "Nick"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ME.....again
    My apologies Nick, My high horse was probably a response to the fact that the only player you named and shamed was indeed a member of the Western Force team when you actually defended the actions of Wendell Sailor by suggesting that his offence was in some way less abhorrent than Fava's.

I was obviously mistaken, but when you post inflammatory statements such as this, you must expect that they might get misinterpreted at some time.

I would also suggest that you actually read my reply before responding, you will note that I made repeated mention of the fact that Scotty's actions are not endorsed by the public, and that he was punished, but you ignored that, I called that you look for actual evidence before hanging a player based solely on media hyperbole, but you didn't seem interested in commenting on that either.

Surely if there are high horses involved, the feeling is mutual!

Agree to Disagree?
    I'm not taking that shit!!!!!

C'mon the

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast