Thread: ARU and Western Force at loggerheads over Henjak assault claims..

vCash

ARU and Western Force at loggerheads over Henjak assault claims..

They are at dispute over the ARU knew about the the alleged assualt before henjak signed with the force.....

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005403,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Carroll - ARU
    I can truthfully tell you that in the Matt Henjak file at the Australian Rugby Union there is no information on this
    Could that be because the information has been removed?
    Carroll denied any link between the harsh disciplinary action for the Cape Town incident and the alleged assault a year earlier, adamant Henjak was not sent home because South African police were looking for him.

We don't accept that and we had no knowledge of that,'' Carroll said.
    If so, why did the poor fella get sent home (only the second Wallaby to be sent home ever, and he didn't bite anyone's ear) when Lote, Teletubby Dunning and Rogers stayed.
    Surely there were other serious incidents involved!
    The actual (nightclub) incident per se was not of major significance but it was more a track record of his behaviour from Brumbies through Western Force through the Wallabies.''
    Brumbies - Western Force - Wallabies. Where do I start
    1. He hasn't been even ACCUSED of a single incident at the Western Force
    2. He played Wallabies before he played Western Force
    Matt was troubled upon arrival at the Force and has cleaned up his game FANTASTICALLY His comment at public training session was telling (remember it was a 40 degree day) and someone said time for a cold beer Matt, he said "no, that stuff gets me in too much trouble".
    Not to mention the improvement in his on-field performance. once he got away from the arrogant bastards on the east coast, he has developed into a fine young man!
    he hoped the Force could start 2008 "without anything more in the closet''.

We would dearly like the Western Force to have a bit of house-keeping and clean the place up,'' he said.
    I think I've found the major SMH 'unnamed source'

Carroll certainly seems to have an axe to grind!

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AAP
    Rugby WA is suing former chief financial officer David Round over suspicions he was leaking confidential information that led to an ARU investigation into the Western Force's contracting procedures and a $150,000 fine.

``It is rather curious that (the former employee) should wait seven months until our litigation before making this baseless claim,'' O'Meara said.
    David - could you please pass the BBQ, Tomato, Sweet Chilli, Worchestshire and HP please?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    This is The Canberra Times version of it all...

"THE ACT Brumbies reprimanded former scrumhalf Matt Henjak over an alleged assault on a man during a 2004 tour of South Africa before refusing to pay hush money to the victim
    The Western Force Super 14 outfit was reported yesterday to have made secret payments so charges related to the alleged assault in a nightclub in March 2004 would be dropped. The incident occured while Henjak was touring with the Brumbies, but the issue was not resolved until after Henjak had joined the Force at the end of the 2005 season......"

Adore this life
    There is no guarantee
    Could end by tomorrow

vCash
    That seems a little more balanced doesn't it! Yes we paid the money, but we had to help him settle the case or not have him play.

C'mon the

vCash
    I think you summed it up GIGST

I mean when it comes down to it I just don't care really...it was 2004...why are we living in the past? Move on ffs.. (that's directed to the stupid journalists not you guys btw )

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Yep,I think he's a great bloke and a great player. He might not have been such a great bloke in the past, but more power to him, if he's turned himself around from being a bit of a prat, I'd say give him a medal!

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I have to say - I can not or will not condone assault.

But, if this incident actually occurred how is it that Matt Henjak managed to visit South Africa this year and last year with the Western Force and not be paid a visit by the South African Police - I am sure they would have been aware of his arrival and departure each time.

Sounds like Mr Round is taking yet another pot shot at his favourite target, what will he think of next????

His long and continued attack of RugbyWA and in particular the Emirates Western Force, its management personnel and players has been calculated and all encompassing. It wouldn't surprise me that he would attempt to disrupt the Force's supporters as well.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Does he have a vote in the stadium task force?

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Carroll denied any link between the harsh disciplinary action for the Cape Town incident and the alleged assault a year earlier, adamant Henjak was not sent home because South African police were looking for him.

"We don't accept that and we had no knowledge of that,'' Carroll said.

"The actual (nightclub) incident per se was not of major significance but it was more a track record of his behaviour from Brumbies through Western Force through the Wallabies.''

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maybe it is just poorly written (heaven forfend), but isn't he saying that they had no knowledge of his record, but when they sent him home, it was mostly because of his record?

Regardless, someone really should call him to account over this - including the Force in any statement about his behaviour can only be seen as bias when he has been squeakier than clean since being in Perth. If he has been misquoted (again, surely not), he should make that plain and name the journalist that is grinding axes.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    He was the form halfback behind Gregan for this years Super14 and he couldn't get picked in the World Cup Squad of 50. You bet there is a disciplinary record that is being looked and having an impact on his representative career.

Exile
    Sydney

Apprentice
    vCash

Cool Re: new CEO

God help us if they let Tony Dempsey run the club. A guy who claims to run a players association yet makes a quick opportunistic buck on the side whenever the players need help. How can this guy run a players associaton and bill the association for legal advice o the players who already pay part of their salary for the association to exist? obviously he is not answerable to the players...seems absurd to me that he can be inolved in profiting from the players he claims to help.
    John O'Neill describes him as a "lowlife".