O'Sullivan: Good to be back
SA v Barbarians, Twickenham, SS2, kick-off 3pm

http://www.skysports.com/rugbyunion/...920532,00.html

Ireland coach Eddie O'Sullivan is looking forward to leading the Barbarians into battle against World Champions South Africa at Twickenham on Saturday.

O'Sullivan signed a new four-year contract with the Irish Rugby Football Union prior to his side's disastrous World Cup campaign, but his role is currently under review after they crashed out in the group phase.

But coaching the Baa-Baas has been a welcome change of focus for the 49-year-old, who admits he has taken a long time to get over the disappointment of the campaign.

"Coaching the Barbarians is a unique honour and it gives me the opportunity to work with some hugely talented people," he said.

"It's very different to coaching Six Nations or international level.

"You just have to act as a conduit between these players - a kind of facilitator. In many ways with the Barbarians less is more."

Tough time

Reflecting on the team's performance in France, he added: "For Ireland the World Cup was hugely disappointing. We failed to produce anything that vaguely resembled our form during the season.

"Since then it has been a tough time trawling through everything that happened. That process has nearly come to an end and the Barbarians offers me an opportunity to get back on the horse.

"It feels good to be back on the horse. You always ask hard questions and the hardest questions you ask are of yourself."

O'Sullivan admits Ireland will be looking to redeem themselves with a strong RBS 6 Nations.

"One thing with Ireland is you can't afford to be complacent," he said.

"I don't see there being a huge number of changes in the personnel. We certainly have something to prove in the Six Nations."