Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Committee Finds No Mistreatment Of Quokkas

vCash

Committee Finds No Mistreatment Of Quokkas

The Emirates Western Force Misconduct Committee met today to consider the serious allegation that quokkas had been mistreated by one or more players at Rottnest Island on Friday night.

After considering all the information available to it, the Committee concluded that no player mistreated a quokka on the night in question.

However, four players have admitted to picking up quokkas and putting them down again.

Two of the players advised the Committee that they were unaware it was against island regulations to pick up a quokka.

The issue is now a matter for island authorities and we will assist with their inquiries.
    RugbyWA

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The quokka in question was paid off with 5 bags of feed to not press charges against Henjak for being handled in an inappropriate manner.

The resulting game of rugger with a live quokka as a ball was won by Cam Sheps side.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyWA View Post
    However, four players have admitted to picking up quokkas and putting them down again. Two of the players advised the Committee that they were unaware it was against island regulations to pick up a quokka.
    For some odd reason I find this humourous..the image of some giant forward or something picking up a quokka just would look ridiculous in my mind! I'm going to assume the two players who didn't know are from interstate because i'm quite sure every local has heard of quokka soccer

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    I'm going to assume the two players who didn't know are from interstate because i'm quite sure every local has heard of quokka soccer
    Translation. Neither of the two players in question was Keiran Longbottom.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Translation. Neither of the two players in question was Keiran Longbottom.
    Hahhahahahha. Too true. Most of the foundation players will know what a quokka is from the first year's Rottnest camp so perhaps it was one of the newer players.

I'm glad none of them were mistreated it would be severely disappointing if they had.

vCash
    i feel violated.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    by Jacquelin Magnay and the SMH I assume?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by innocent quokka View Post
    i feel violated.
    Shut up you little rat!

vCash
    Hey guys,

what's the go with this? In Sydney they are still reporting that the incident is being investigated and that 4 possibly more players face having their contracts torn up.

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Use The Force, thats because your reading a "sydney" paper. Try to remember, newpaper is what birds shit-on the next day. Journos only have a bit more than a nano-second to grab attention -

Over half a million people each year visit Rottnest, most try to touch/pet/fondle/handle a Quokka. Quokkas get more damage during schoolies week and Aust. day weekend than the entire Force team could inflict.
    OK, its mildly embarassing for the club - but its a minor incident really.
    Sydney media are always trying to deflect attention from the 'powder blues' wasting money on overpaid, underachieving, ego driven nonces. We just let most of it wash over and watch rugby.

Good to have you on board though.

vCash
    It is minor as long as they only handled the animals.

If they tossed them around and tried to trap them in milk crates as suggested, then I don't believe that's acceptable - regardless of how many other people have mis treated the animal in the past.

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Quite right, thats what the police, rangers, and inquiry commitee looked for - evidence of gross mistreatment. None found after a week of investigation (YET), lets hope it remains that way.
    But, and this needs to be taken into consideration in the whole picture, a lot of other people have done (or tried) lots of worse things on Rottnest to wildlife. Most get told their naughty boys and don't do it again. Very few animals actually sustain damage.
    I've run over quokkas at night on Rotto, seen plenty of damaged kids/teens/bikes - most quokkas simply hop away and continue eating. They are Australian marsupials, very tough and hard to damage.
    But, unlike the SMH, I wont expect contracts to be torn up UNTIL there is some evidence.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I know the players were briefed by their Media man yesterday and told not to say anything about the incident as they were late to media training session. Geoff Stooke was being sort for comment as Mr O'Meara was O/S yesterday. There will be more to this I'm sorry to say.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    That's the thing, regardless of what other people have done, and how 'tough' quokkas are, if what has been alleged is actually true it is still a disgraceful way to treat a living thing.

I hope that they come away innocent too, because I would be very disappointed to see grown men act that way.

Will be very interested to actually see who it is. Because it's one thing to threaten to tear up the contracts, so I highly doubt any of our high profile guys are involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hopep View Post
    I've run over quokkas at night on Rotto, seen plenty of damaged kids/teens/bikes - most quokkas simply hop away and continue eating.
    So that was YOU! you bastard.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast