Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Force sues former staffer over alleged leaks

vCash
    What does Rugby WA expect to gain from this? Do they plan on getting $150,000 the amount of the fine they paid? Assuming the person is guilty. Does this guy or girl actually have anything worth taking? How can these actions help expand the fanbase? It seems like a very bad PR move on the part of the team to me. Or maybe I'm missing something.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    A Force loss, sadly.
    Gee Chook, you started drinking early today!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I guess what they are saying is if you sign a confidentiality clause in your work contract,you better abide by it

vCash
    OOohhh.... it's the SMH. I logged on and immediately wondered what the hell that smell was.

Now I know

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    What does Rugby WA expect to gain from this? Do they plan on getting $150,000 the amount of the fine they paid? Assuming the person is guilty. Does this guy or girl actually have anything worth taking? How can these actions help expand the fanbase? It seems like a very bad PR move on the part of the team to me. Or maybe I'm missing something.
    Yeah it does seem strange Larry....I would hope that there is good reason to support following up on this.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    I guess the end must justify the means! Possibly there's a fair chance of something coming out of this which will clear the clubs name. Possibly the staffer was a plant from a certain Eastern States pie franchise and this will become public in the proceedings.

Just spitballing there!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiteauIsGunnaScoreTwenty View Post
    Gee Chook, you started drinking early today!
    The sun was over the yard arm, so what the hey!

I made a mighty fine homebrew that begs to be drunk at all hours of the day.

We should have some sort of challenge for the Force V Tahs game. Maybe the loser's fans have to shave their head?

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    The sun was over the yard arm, so what the hey!

I made a mighty fine homebrew that begs to be drunk at all hours of the day.

We should have some sort of challenge for the Force V Tahs game. Maybe the loser's fans have to shave their head?
    chief will be into that

vCash
    Don't know if this helps or makes this worse - from the West Australian today

Force sues former executive over brawl
    24th November 2007, 1:00 WST
    www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=13

Rugby WA is suing for breach of contract a former executive who has lodged an assault complaint against several Western Force players over an alleged incident in a Sydney bar earlier this year.

NSW police took a statement last month but charges have not been laid over a claimed altercation at the Cargo Bar after the Force’s Super 14 match against the NSW Waratahs in March.

The Force’s parent body confirmed in a statement yesterday it had obtained a court order allowing legal representatives to search the former senior employee’s house and office a fortnight ago.

“The court does not take these search orders lightly, and only grants them where there is good cause,” the statement said.

The person’s lawyer, Dan Dragovic, of Freehills, said the breach of confidentiality allegations would be denied

Rugby WA is trying to identify the source of information which led to the Australian Rugby Union fining the Force a record $150,000 three months ago for breaking recruiting rules when establishing the team which entered the Super 14 competition last year.

It launched Supreme Court action against the former senior employee alleging disclosure of confidential information and has set a deadline of Monday for certain undertakings to be made or civil action will proceed.

Rugby WA confirmed the escalation of its bid to identify and silence the whistleblower.

“Rugby WA is in regular dialogue with the Australian Rugby Union on the matter, and will pursue it vigorously,” the statement continued.

Details of secret payments to high-profile players emerged when the Force were ensnared in a long-term Sydney Morning Herald investigation of sleeve sponsor Firepower. The controversial fuel technology company, which recently parted with league team South Sydney, has provided resources to help lure high-profile players to Perth.

The ARU investigated claims made in a series of articles and found Rugby WA had breached rules by underwriting deals from corporate supporters to attract Wallabies’ players to the side.

Players like Nathan Sharpe, Scott Fava and Cameron Shepherd were supposed to be paid for employment outside rugby but when jobs were not found to fund the full amounts promised, the club made up the shortfall.

It established a $300,000 fund to ensure that promises to core players would be met.

Australia’s four Super 14 clubs are not allowed to arrange thirdparty deals without the permission of the ARU.

The players did not know that the arrangements made on their behalf breached the ARU’s contracting protocol.

The Force initially denied they had done wrong but, when confronted with ARU evidence, accepted the punishment and agreed to provide the ARU an audited set of player contracts from the past two seasons.

Rugby WA chief executive Peter O’Meara said yesterday the material was being gathered for submission next month and he was confident that it would pass scrutiny.

“We’re cooperating fully and everything is on track,” he said.

The $150,000 fine must be paid over the next three years.

• The drug-taking admissions of Ben Cousins and Andrew Johns have prompted the Australian Rugby Union to introduce outof-competition testing.

Recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy are the subject of talks between the ARU and its players’ union.

Both hope to resolve issues such as payment and the frequency and method of testing by next March.

Rugby Union Players’ Association head Tony Dempsey said he considered the move to be positive but admitted scandals involving Cousins and Johns “had put the issue at the forefront of our attention”.

“We are confident that the use of illicit drugs by our professional players is not a problem that is endemic in the game,” he said.

DAVE HUGHES

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Dave Hughes is a comedian though TQ1

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    More breaking news from the West Australian - guessing this will be in print monday - Think it's Henjaks birthday this weekend - what a present - this is a very old story - but all together it seems to imply that the the whistle blower blew on Matt H and secret payments - you lot are more clever at this stuff than me :

Force 'made payments' over Henjak issue
    24th November 2007, 4:23 WST

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.a...oryName=439447

The Western Force have reportedly made secret payments over an alleged assault involving halfback Matt Henjak.

According to a report in Fairfax newspapers, the alleged assault was believed to have occurred in a South African nightclub while Henjak was on tour with Super 14 rugby club the ACT Brumbies in 2004.

A South African national, who was paid more than $15,000 earlier this year, has dropped police charges and a civil case over the alleged incident.

As well as the Western Force, Fairfax claims the secret negotiations also involved lawyer and chief executive of the Rugby Union Players Association Tony Dempsey, who acted as a legal go-between.

Henjak joined the Force in 2005, with the Brumbies believed to have earlier refused to get involved.

The halfback has not had the best of times in South Africa.

In 2005 he became the first Wallaby in 40 years to be sent home from a foreign tour in disgrace after an incident in a Cape Town nightclub, where he threw ice at a group of students.

Dempsey confirmed to the newspaper Henjak had approached the RUPA on return to Australia, but could not comment further due to lawyer-client confidentiality.

"I am not admitting there was payment or settlement. From time to time we are contacted by the players, and I can't comment about that situation at all," Dempsey told Fairfax.

Force chairman Geoff Stooke said he had no comment to make about the situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    but all together it seems to imply that the the whistle blower blew on Matt H
    Ew

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    Not like that Chookie ! This stuff is bad enough without going down as well

vCash
    Sorry, I have a dirty mind. I need to be punished.

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    Having that prickly thing on your face for a month is punishment enough - should have copped before I typed - I need punishment to !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast