Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Booing

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    beautifully put Larry!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    I think booing certainly has a place in sport. Particularly at an afl level. As a dockers member i see it as my membership rights to boo or give s*&t to anyone particularly mssrs cousins,kerr, selwood and co. I sit with my mates in the block next to the auskick kids and some of the language from their parents particularly at derbys is beyond comprehension. I think the west coast crowd will certainly boo judd theres no question (yet they cheer a drug user like theres no tomorrow). I dont mind the bloke (judd) and can probably say that most dockers will give him a cheer when he gets the ball. Booing in rugby is not so prevalent i guess, tho im a big believer in the western suburbs teams getting their fair share of sledging.

vCash
    More applause!
    The players that play a sport, any sport at any level are out there giving it there best so I would urge you to show your pleasure by applauding a player for his contribution. Not booing him just because he's South African, Kiwi or indeed from the Eastern States...we are not racists are we?

Now, booing at the ref....

Brother Gallagher I hear you

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Sorry i still like to boo if i feel the need, especially if it involves unsportmanship behaviour ie a cheap shot.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    I remember a the Wallabies v NZ Maori game at Subi a few years back. A younger pre-coke Andrew Walker was warming up near the sideline. Some of the comments coming from the crowd were absolutely disgusting and unfortunately he appeared to hear a lot of them . I understand this type of rubbish is welcome in AFL, certainly not in our game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    I disagree... Booing is a way of letting someone know what you think .. but it doesn't mean it is permanent .. anyone remember Gilchrist's first game at the waca ????

Get over it !
    It depends on the booing and when it occurs. Booing for dangerous play or bad decisions is one thing and is usually voiced spontaneously by the crowd but booing to distract the oposition when kicking or booing oponents everytime they get the ball is crap...

" Jonny Wilkinson ... still the only man to score in two... Yes two world cup finals"

vCash
    This Forum is booing the hell out of me, why people cannot get on like us (Gentlemen)Props do, i just dont know.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    It depends on the booing and when it occurs. Booing for dangerous play or bad decisions is one thing and is usually voiced spontaneously by the crowd but booing to distract the oposition when kicking or booing oponents everytime they get the ball is crap...

then we should ban thunder sticks and anything else that makes a noise and the entire stadium go silent ??? lol

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Please! someone ban thunder sticks, they're just stupid and annoying.

There I said it, you KNOW you were thinking it!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think some may be getting "booing" (actually having "BOOOOOO" coming out of your gob as the only contribution to affairs) confused with heckling and "witty" repartee?
    I fondly remember a good section of the WACA crowd laughing when Damien Martin scored a ton and I bleated out "Stick that up your arse Geoff Lawson!" in reference to his then continual bagging of Marto on ABC radio commentary.
    It was timely, it was topical and (even if not at a player) was kinda funny at the time and added to the crowd's day.
    To try and distract from the crowd with noise is becoming slowly acceptable in Union but those who are pro should respect the stance of those, including myself, that believe some traditions from the sport should be respected.
    I'm sure many of you (yes, not all) who are saying it's fair game would be really disappointed if the players stopped shaking hands at the end of the match or treated officials with the same contempt as soccer players do.
    Union is an evolving beast but it also is a sport with many traditions.
    The truth of the matter is that booing someone who is about to kick would rarely affect the kicker but looks and sounds really crap on the TV footage!
    Something creative instead would be acceptable to my way of thinking. Something like the crowd going "aaahhHH--wooOSH!!!" as the kicker hits the ball, I dunno.
    I do know that the use of the actual word "boo" is pretty lowbrow and a bad reflection of a crowds knowledge of what's going on if that's all that we can come out with.

In terms of the use of silence, as I mentioned before the first season, I reckon it would be far more effective if the crowd was absolutely silent when the opposition ran out before a match and then went batshit when the Force ran out.
    Teams get heckled and derided whenever they play away, to have something starkly different would be far more unsettling than just more of the same at varying volumes.

And yes, I bite thundersticks that get too close, so parents, keep the kiddies away....

alright....I did it once and it belonged to an adult friend, but be warned!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Those on the InnForcers' tour to NSW/ACT last year will know of my feelings towards thundersticks.....particularly those of a baby blue colour!!!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    What's a thunder stick? And why is Burgs sticking them in his mouth?

vCash
    Because it's as big as he is gonna get!

BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Jeez I'd hope so

...what are trying to say Seldom

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    And yes, I bite thundersticks that get too close, so parents, keep the kiddies away....

alright....I did it once and it belonged to an adult friend, but be warned!
    You forgot about the kid sitting in front of us last year when you grabbed the little shits Thunder Sticks and twisted them till they burst
    Shut him up for the rest of the game

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast