View Poll Results: Tip tonights scratch match result between the Western Force and the Cheetahs

Voters
7. This poll is closed
  • Force by more than 14 points

1 14.29%
  • Force by 1 to 14 points

2 28.57%
  • Draw

0 0%
  • Cheetahs by 1 to 14 points

1 14.29%
  • Cheetahs by more than 14 points

1 14.29%
  • The result doesn't bother me, it's just a scratch match.

2 28.57%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Western Force v Cheetahs

Senior Player
    vCash
    My site is still getting constructed...

Glad you liked the photos, shall be doing a shot on the 10th February...

Note - I wouldnt advise you to actually go to the austadiums forums, they are as Force sceptical and negative as you could find...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great picture of what looks like a nice ground, I hope to be able to take in a game on a visit in March. As almost all of the grounds in the UK are either purpose built soccer or rugby it is unusual to have the crowd so far from the field of play, I guess that just means the supporters have to work that bit harder at getting an atmosphere going. Are there TV screens in the ground?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    At Subiaco (ie first photo) there is a really big one to the right of the photo, between this ends twenty two and halfway Flat-top.
    As mentioned on I think a different thread, Subiaco until recently was solely for Australian Rules Football, originally since 1908 just Western Australian Football League (WAFL) and then since the mid 80's Australian Football League (AFL) as well. When used for footy they go right out to within 5 meters of the fence on an oval field.
    Subiaco is one of the grounds where they hold the International Rules matches against Ireland.
    Not sure if you've heard of them being a rugger man and all? It's a composite "sport" drawing on features from both Australian Rules and Gaelic Football to allow International Representation in two National sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat-top
    it is unusual to have the crowd so far from the field of play, I guess that just means the supporters have to work that bit harder at getting an atmosphere going.
    I've been to a few intl at Stadium Australia (supposedly the pinicle of modern stadia) and can tell you that Subiaco had a better atmosphere.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I was lucky enough to get tickets for the night that Cathy Freeman won the 400m Sage, unfortunately I know that it is almost a certainty I will never be in an Australian crowd like that again.
    That was an absolutely amazing experience, I was straight across the bend in line with the finish and you literally couldn't hear what the person next to you was shouting in your ear! The majority of a sold out 110,000 crowd all chearing for one person!
    I also had other nights there, a couple of seats worth high up on the broadcast side (I think that's West?) about five from the back and watched the soccer/football ten from the back on the temporary end section opposite the flame. In all cases I had a really good view and the atmosphere was great.
    Admittedly that was the Olympics and I have seen some seemingly pretty dull crowds on TV since then for other fixtures.
    I reckon it's the Western Stand that helps make Subiaco rock, it's like a big loud speaker when everyone is singing the anthem or even the boring "Eagles Eagles" at the footy.
    The crowd that had the most atmosphere though, at least back in my day dunno nowdays, was the PSA Inter School Swimming Carnival at Beatty Park.
    Seven school of around one thousand boys each all with there own and shared chants and war cries!
    Mexican waves going around the stadium, up and down each school, the slow wave, six schools chanting together "Beat Hale"!
    It was awesome!
    If you could jam all of those schoolboys into the Western Stand you'd have no worries about getting TWF chants and songs going that's for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3