Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Australia re-lives nightmare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce
    I reckon the English forwards dominated, but Australia should have won. Somehow, the Aussie forwards didn't play as if it was their last match there. They never really got a start on, thus, allowing the english to counter ruck almost every ruck. And on the other hand, John Connolly made the wrong decision of putting AAC and Tuquiri on. I don't care if Tuquiri scored the try, we needed speed on the wing when there was space and somehow Tuquiri didn't provide. I say Mitchell should have been given the spot ahead of AAC and possibly Shepherd on the wing as well. Mitchell's first touch of ball saw him make a line break and i think that justifies it. I'm all with jonh Connolly leaving the wallabies..
    I reckon the forwards needed to give the backs decent ball, which they did not. Their lack of commitment at the breakdown was the Achilles heel. We can say lots of people deserved a run in the backs, however IMHO they were poorly serviced by their forwards.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Bloody hell happy! What happened to being happy?!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    ???? we beat the AB's in Melbourne .. it all comes down to how you play on the day, the AB result proves that, any team can beat any other if they get the mix just right on the day!
    Agreed. It does come down to how you play on the day. But you can't deny that skill wise the All Blacks are superior team. There is no doubt in my mind that they are the best team in the world at the moment and they should have won this world cup. From that perspective, I think that if you were betting on an Aus v NZ game, the odds would always favour NZ. Perhaps my comment was badly worded. We can beat the All Blacks so in that sense we are capable of doing so. But it would require the AB's playing a very average game and the Wallabies playing brilliantly...something which history shows is not all that likely, particulalry when then put in the context of the teams' pool performance.

And no it won't help me sleep if Eng get beaten by France, last nights result hurts!
    Agreed...i'm completely gutted. I was crying! But if you look at my point i actually said it would be nicer if England won the world cup, not got beaten by France because at least we were defeated by the team who then went onto win rather than a team who gets kicked out in the next round.

So what, they won without a try ... they've done it before and will do it again, it isn't bullshit it is just more of a reflection on us that we gave away too many penalties within kicking range! More of a sad indicment on the Wallabies than England I would suggest!
    No i don't think it is a reflection on us alone. Rugby is about getting over that line. When a team relies on one man's kicking game I see it as a blow for the game. I don't think we gave away too many unreasonable penalties and if you're talking about within jonny's kicking range then that covers half the bloody field which is pretty difficult to prevent. The fact remains that without Jonny, the English team play a far worse game. You only have to look at their pool matches to see that. Jonny scored every point last night...every damn point...and every one of them was off his boot and not due to smart team play. Rugby is a team sport for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by lmaag
    I reckon the forwards needed to give the backs decent ball, which they did not. Their lack of commitment at the breakdown was the Achilles heel. We can say lots of people deserved a run in the backs, however IMHO they were poorly serviced by their forwards.
    Our forwards got slaughtered. Yes we made mistakes, but you can't deny that the English performance was a step above anything we have seen from them in the last two years. They dominated at scrum time, slowed the ball down at the breakdown, and tested Greegs to the max. Unfortunately, by the time we learned to deal with the slow ball to the backline, we could get the passes to stick..

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    oh its great to be English!

i wont be logging on again so need for anyone to reply coz i just wont read it

see sth africa in the final

SWING LOW

SWEET CHARIOT

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Not coming back if the Poms win the RWC?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Jehna have a look at the stats of that match - australia gave away 7 penalties and JW converted 4 of them!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Its shocking how we just didn't pass the ball to Tuqiri enough. When he got it, he scored and he made a few busts too.

Theres always next year, wait a sec, no there isn't

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    hahaha .. of all the people to get that try it just had to be him eh Chookmeister!!!! hahahahaha

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Yeah, Lote is a champ. But I guess you guys knew that already.

CARN THE RAMS!!

Pleased the Caspers lost and now its time for the future of Australian Rugby to smash the Rebel scum of the Empire. A Rams victory will go a long way down the path of making me feel better, finishing the task the Frogglandians did for me this morning.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Jehna have a look at the stats of that match - australia gave away 7 penalties and JW converted 4 of them!
    Yes he did...and admittedly that is disgraceful...but I don't think that is the reason we lost. Firstly, JW can kick from anywhere with 50metres so automatically the likelihood of penalties being converted is higher than in most games. Secondly, the penalties amounted to 12 points which isn't actually alot. And don't tell me that it doesn't matter how many points you score so long as you win. That's not the point here. The point is that without Jonny, the English would have been on 0.

Quote Originally Posted by chook
    Its shocking how we just didn't pass the ball to Tuqiri enough. When he got it, he scored and he made a few busts too.
    Yeah what talent...standing in the right place at the right time to walk two metres to the try line after watching berrick, latho and stirling do all the hard work...gee i really wish he played for the Force and not the Tahs. Maybe we could end up second bottom on the ladder as well

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    my avatar sums up what i am feeling about last night's game.
    knew it would come in handy sometime.

i really hope fiji win now!

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jehna

Yeah what talent...standing in the right place at the right time to walk two metres to the try line after watching berrick, latho and stirling do all the hard work...gee i really wish he played for the Force and not the Tahs. Maybe we could end up second bottom on the ladder as well
    Your so cute when your angry

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook
    Your so cute when your angry
    Awesome...my aim in life...

At least now I don't have to set up a Tuqiri fan club hehe

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    we lost because 12 points is more than 10

vCash
    Yeah, i'm pretty bummed about that.

I'm positive you will be part of my Tahu fan club though. He's the future of Australian rugby. Along with all the other Tah players.

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    we lost because 12 points is more than 10
    Yes i knew you'd say that...like i said before:

Quote Originally Posted by Jehna
    And don't tell me that it doesn't matter how many points you score so long as you win. That's not the point here. The point is that without Jonny, the English would have been on 0.
    *sigh* I'm agreeing to disagree with you Happy...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast