Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Giteau pays homage to the Greatness that is Lote

vCash
    he will be a bit like ryan cross was this season, runs strait, gets over the advantage line and he will have a good offload.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Three missed tackles and one try (that anyone on the team would have scored).
    In a game when he was expected to stand up and show the world that he is a great "Big Game" player.
    Not a great return for the highest paid player in Australia.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Lote played the best really. Th others should look to him for guidance in these trying times. I mean, they needed more than just Lote to play well after all.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook
    Lote played the best really. Th others should look to him for guidance in these trying times. I mean, they needed more than just Lote to play well after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zim dude
    Chook, how do you reckon he is going to go? I haven't been able to watch a lot of league this year. I have read that he is a good hard runner, and the league writers are a bit off him leaving the 13 man game.
    Tahu is the greatest player ever, sorta like Lote but with more panache and skill. He will score 8 tries in RWC2011.

Might have to learn to use his arms in tackles but when he hits, you stay hit.

Comes from the Eels too, so that means hes the best of the best.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    You make me laugh Chook...personally i don't think Lote's that bad, but he is a bit overrated.

In the consiracy theory stakes, anyone think it a bit ironic that Lote gets his first and only try in a game that the Wallabies lost?

Sad, sad day........

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I mean, they needed more than just Lote to play well after all.
    wheatbix???

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Weetbix for sure. Gregan hogs them all though.

The Tah players all played really well too. Pity the players from the other provinces couldn't match it.

Gigsa made me do it

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    the reds dragged us down the most

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Has Pie Growden written any drivel yet?

A Wallaby loss is just the kind of thing he'd enjoy.

Gigsa made me do it

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I'm sure he's spell checking it as we speak .. type lol

vCash
    A 500 word piece basically saying " I told you so' I spose?

Gigsa made me do it

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    his Bart Simpson impersonation.......

vCash
    I reckon the big problem with the ARU at the moment is that they're spending so much money on converting league players. But we've already got a whole lot of backs who could make the international scene as well as a growing number of potentials. What the australian rugby union needs to do is to get some hard physcial and skilled forwards, either by recruiting them from other codes/countries(?!) or to just train them up. Maybe invest some money into a Front Rowers Academy or something. And maybe give us some time, but our front row and forwards will actually start being respectable in the international scene.

From what i saw agaisnt the english, our backs were good in that they made heaps of line breaks and had opportunities. But our forwards were a let down and didn't retain and gain possession, thus, denying the backs more time with the ball.

vCash
    Well, we are looking for a coach?

That'd get him further away from the ball!

What are the negatives?
    1) Lote would still have an influence on Australian Rugby
    2) we couldn't aford a real coach
    3) we couldn't afford any real players since he'd buy the entire NRL and play them

Forget it.....bad idea!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce
    Maybe invest some money into a Front Rowers Academy or something. And maybe give us some time, but our front row and forwards will actually start being respectable in the international scene.

From what i saw agaisnt the english, our backs were good in that they made heaps of line breaks and had opportunities. But our forwards were a let down and didn't retain and gain possession, thus, denying the backs more time with the ball.
    I'm with ya there GTF, the real problem is that Rugby forwards are a fair bit harder to convert from other codes.

This is however def the spot that needs fixing, and not just the front row (Although that's the worst haemorrhage we have) the whole pack needs to be rebuild around a different paradigm.

I accept this mightn't be good for Sharpie Rocky and George Smith, but if these guys are the best option we have they'll survive the purge. We need to get some good, young players out there and build them up into the pack that will rip the world cup out of the hands of anyone who wants to stand in their way Kids like Bam Bam need to be blooded early, sure this means they will get the hell smashed out of them, but it will also give them the experience of adversity which they need to win the tournament and four years is precious little time to build a world class forward pack.

C'mon the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2