Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Juddy off to Carlton??

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't get why WCE should get to trade him?
    Why don't Carlton wait another month, till his contract ends?
    Then just offer him a spot.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppy
    yes fav is an idiot but the eagles and collingwood are full of idiots.
    Can anyone guess who Sloppy supports.....starts with a C and ends with an n!!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hopep
    I don't get why WCE should get to trade him?
    Why don't Carlton wait another month, till his contract ends?
    Then just offer him a spot.
    because the AFL is stupid, if he cant be traded (which i dont understand because he is already OFF contract) then he nominates for the pre-season draft and will probably get picked by Richmond. Unless Richmond and Carlton come to some kind of understanding.

I dont see why off contract players need to be traded, the AFL has considered changing the rules in regards to off contract players (to appease the AFL players association) but i havent heard anything about it for a while now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna

Nisbett said yesterday: "I know people don't ever want to give up their No.1 pick, we understand that, but we're not talking about giving it up for a run-of-the-mill player. This is a very unusual situation, where there needs to be commonsense in the offer and also the acceptance and hopefully that will happen.

"He is the best player in Australia and you know what you're getting. You're getting the whole package and he's 24." (aside from that part where his body is so battered we don't know if he'll recover..)
    yeah the fact that the eagles ran him for half the season knowing that it was going to put him out indefinatley basically making him worthless.
    go figure?
    someone knew he wasnt going to re-sign for next year, so they set about runining him for whatever club he does go to.

vCash
    i dont think that was thier intensions. it is judds choice to play or not, he is not going to play if he doesnt want to.

vCash
    my point was that the eagles selectors know how good of a footballer he is. and seeing as he usually draws two or three men on him every game, the eagles would have realised this would have left them open in defense when they played whatever team he is. so they played him to put him out of the game hopefully long enough for them to find someone just as good.

also trading him to the wooden spooners leaves them at an advantage if they score the number one draft pick. because they get another quality player to add to their impressive line up. on the flip side. juddy would undoutably be the best player at whatever team he went to.
    now if that was a bottom of the ladder team he wouldnt really be able to do much because hes only one player. and if hes carrying a long term injury he is going to have less of an impact on the game.

and is/was it judds choice to play each week?
    i would think there would be something in his contract that called for a set amount of games. espically if they were paying him the most out of any player in the leauge. i mean they could have payed rwo or three rookie players on his salary. sureley a buisness was not going to shell out that much money if their player was only going to front one or two rounds. it would be different if he did an ACL or broke a leg because he literally wouldnt be able to play. he was on quortisone(spelling) injections and was at least able to run. so maybe they played him because he was still able to play footy, he just needed the injections?

if you couldnt tell i dont like the eagles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2