Thread: Rays the team to beat: Jeffs

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Rays the team to beat: Jeffs

Rays the team to beat: Jeffs Jeffs smokin' wacky terbbacy: Burgs

1/10/2007 9:10:13 PM
    Miles Allen-Scott
    Sportal

Sydney Fleet coach Col Jeffs was disappointed with his team's massive season-ending loss to the Central Coast Rays on Sunday afternoon at Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium.

The Fleet bow out of the Mazda Australian Rugby Championship after the final round of the normal season, but are already focused on re-building for a shot at glory next year.

After the game, Jeffs was full of praise for his sides performance, noting that the Rays' were simply too strong.

"It's very disappointing, what more can we say, the Rays have really come home in the last couple of weeks and they stepped it up again today against us," said Jeffs.

"I thought we started well, a couple of opportunities to get some points, but they consequently punished us for that."

After easily beating the Rays in the first round of competition, Jeffs pointed to some complacency among his team that may have let the Rays land the killer blow of tries late in the first half.

"After we got on top of them in the first round, I think they wanted to come out and prove a point," he said.

"I think we tried our best, sometimes in these games you have to have a bit of luck go your way as well. We had a couple of chances close to the line. I think it's just a matter of hunger."

After witnessing the performance by the Rays against his own side, Jeffs certainly thinks the Central Coast is the team to watch going into the finals series.

"To come out and win two by big margins, they are in good form so I think the Rays are a big chance to get there in the end."

How predictable is it in every comp for the Coach of the team that underperformed at the last hurdle to endorse the team that beat them as "the team to beat" in a transparent attempt to downplay their crap performance!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Burgs; 02-10-07 at 06:09.
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.