Thread: Chat report: 26.9.07 : Magners Appreciation Night

vCash

Chat report: 26.9.07 : Magners Appreciation Night

Good evening all and welcome to the chat report for 26.6.07 (Magners Appreciation Night) [really every night is Magners Appreciation Night isn’t it? ] Thanks for the support and kudos from my first report last week!!

First things first, the honour roll……

* Burgs
    * Exile
    * Larry
    * Jehna
    * Em-forcer (as her alias Sally)
    * Harry
    * blueandblack
    * Evie
    * Travelling_Gerry
    * The Enforcer
    * Beav
    * Harry
    * Jazza

After trooping through the door, from the rain and mud of the softball diamond,I was admonished by Exile for my lateness. Anyone would think that I had missed some crucial deadline but at the very least it seems my journalistic honeymoon period is officially over.

Many thanks to Emforcer/Sally for the log of what happened prior to my alleged “very, very late” arrival . It seems that everyone is excited about the pending school holidays (dates confirmed by b&b’s calender) and that Beav is tired of waiting for Friday afternoon to come and go….happy now Beav? 

I guess being a rugby supporters site ( ), the RWC was bound to come up and sure enough it did…discussion was going on about who will play-off in the final and the outcomes of the remaining pool games. General consensus of those on at the time was that, the Boks or the Frogs will win it, most likely the Boks…and that the Wallabies will beat the AB’s in order to get to the final. Exile was accused of being un-Australian by B&B for suggesting that the Boks or Frogs will win over Australia.

B&B started harping on about ircs (the program the chat room is based on; in its multiple form) and Em couldn’t believe that Harry was not the chat –virgin she thought he was and she couldn’t believe she missed his de-flowering Em is also very tired after having Jedi, Crazy and Happy around and trying to hold a job down at the same time, plus Harry (more could be said, but there are young’uns about). There was also some talk of coffee and the alternatives for those who don’t wish to indulge in the coffee craze...Exile recommends a Gloria Jeans Iced Chocolate for the latter.

About the same time as the arrival of myself, Jehna also arrived with the great news that all five of her Penrhos debating teams “one” their finals and were undefeated for the entire season (makes it sound like a sport doesn’t it?). Upon, a probe by B&B on Jehna’s spelling prowess, she replied she never said she could spell. Apparently she is just really good at bullsh*tting (actually a “master”  ) and you don’t need to spell in order to be able to do that! Congrats to Jehna and the Penrhos girls :

TEF’s wife is standing for council and had an engagement so it became his job to put the kiddies to sleep….or as TEF so eloquently put it, “one is being shaken’. WHOOPS The missus may want to think again before leaving TEF alone with the kiddies in the future Apparently, Mrs. TEF could get JB’s extra hours if she is elected…noice!

Talk turned to Dymocks and Jehna and Evie’s inside knowledge. Jehna’s favourite customer chats her up…he is 80, has a little amnesia, uses a zimmer frame and thinks his name is Captain Phantastic and calls her “bubbles”. Burgs believes this could be a source of a handy inheritance from “sugar granddaddy” (Exile’s term). Evie was raving about the Jason Gillespie biography (Jehna concurred) and both were going on about a wicked Star Wars box thing that has hit their stores. TEF was in disbelief that Dizzy could write…Evie said that he has a little help but is “raw and honest which is nice to see.” Burgs informs us he won Ella: the Definitive Biography from his website but as he can’t read will be using it as a xmas prezzie. TEF cheekily told Burgs to get Daisy to read it to him and at this point in time TEF was lucky he didn’t get the same fate as Daisy.

There was some confusing talk about horizontally and vertically challenged people. According to Exile, “Us fat boys are just short for our fat” and according to Jehna she is, “vertically challenged” and Burgs and TG are “horizontally challenged.” This is the deep and meaningful conversation that takes place during our chat nights, so for those who haven’t experienced it yet, feel free to come down and join in the debate.

Burgs needs a good name for a mate’s pub. Apparently if he wins, he’ll receive a substantial bar tab, which is incentive if I ever saw it. Suggestions included: The Pub, Scores, More Piss Miss, The Waterhole, Not JB’s, Jugs Cans and Boxes, The Inn at Innaloo and The Upper Swan at Innaloo. Exile suggested many names and due to severe exhaustion from mental strain, decided to call it a night…TEF couldn’t resist a stab at his retreating back, “BTW night night ex...f**k off hahaha.”

There was some talk about how foxtel is superior to free-to-air tv and that B&B should consider an upgrade. He is very “agnry” about free to air coverage of sports events. Burgs couldn’t resist pointing tonight’s appointed grammar and spelling nazi’s error, “Hoi, grammar nazi, you aint getting off that easy, HEY EVERYONE< B&B STUFFED UP AND SPELT "ANGRY" AS "AGNRY"!!!! “ Apparently B&B spells like this often and in a perhaps mere coincidence will be having 4379483654239878726 drinks this weekend….GOOD LUCK!

There was some talk of the Wallabies pending match against Canada and the usual Tuqiri and Dunning bashing that inevitably arises, as well as the notion of playing second-rate teams e.g. Burgs: “Really is Australia A, Freier, Trestle, Huxley, Tuqiri” Geez he couldn’t resist it could he?
    At this point, Larry managed to squeeze in past those pesky mafia people and enter the safety of the TWF chatroom. He started talk on the Bondi Bikini episode (see the thread) and admitted he had never heard of Bondi (YOU SUCK SYDNEY ) . Apparently he is now too old to handle more than 100 hot chicks at once. Burgs decided to pop out to cook a feed (most probably what’s left of Daisy ) and warned any troublemakers to “kick yourself off if you f**k up or anything.” Clearly, Burgs is not over Miss Daisy.

“Lord TG” (Jehna’s term not mine ) and Jehna at this point were like the master and the apprentice, Star Wars style, with Jehna showing Larry how her newly found powers are working out for her by booting him….accidentally or for a body odour violation or power-mad? He told her to use her powers wisely and to not reveal the trade secrets surrounding Burgs, TG, and Baldy and now herself. Ohhhhhh Upon his return from the clutches of the mafia, Larry expressed major disappointment at the resident bookie’s odds from last week’s spirit games….there was sarcasm overload in the chatroom for about five minutes…but it was good to see those pesky chirping crickets were nowhere to be found!!

As Larry left us to go golfing, I decided to follow suit and go to sleep…I have learnt that sleep deprivation does not go away as much as you would like it to, unless you actually sleep.

Who knows what happened when I left?...probably nothing
    Have a great wknd everyone (Go spirit, anyone playing a team that’ll stop the Spirit getting in the finals, Wallabies, All Blacks………………..)

Ciao amici,

Skiza

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Another top notch report Skiza!

Where was that old bastard?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    /me rings up Magners Distillery to order a HEUGLIEKXBOX container of Magners for Skiza.

Awesome work!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Great report Skiza

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Happy and Crazy were the perfect house guests .. Harry was there for work, Jedi is just plain bloody hopeless!! ,)

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Jedi was there for work......I'm sure I sold some wine in Edinburgh!!!

Interesting to know how Harry & Sally were both in the chatroom at the same time when there's only 1 computer in Sally's flat. Maybe they popped out to an internet cafe & sat on adjoining terminals!!!! I think we should be told.

Quality report Skiza - you could pass for a fine journo!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight
    Jedi was there for work......I'm sure I sold some wine in Edinburgh!!!
    Interesting to know how Harry & Sally were both in the chatroom at the same time when there's only 1 computer in Sally's flat. Maybe they popped out to an internet cafe & sat on adjoining terminals!!!! I think we should be told.
    You forget - I did have to work occasionally during Harry's visit! - so I was at my desk looking busy & nursing a hangover, while Harry was lounging on the sofa.

Quote Originally Posted by SkizaWWE
    Em couldn’t believe that Harry was not the chat–virgin she thought he was and she couldn’t believe she missed his de-flowering
    Turns out he was a chat first-timer after all, so we were all honoured to have witnessed his debut!

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!