Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Time to drop Tuqiri??

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash

Time to drop Tuqiri??

I think it's about time they did away with Tuqiri. Two games down and he's done absolutely nothing. Hard to drop guys when the team has convincingly won both games but if Ashley-Cooper is fit for the next game I say put him at 14 and Mitchell at 11. Stanners and Sheps (or Huxley) on the bench. Tuqiri has done nothing and doesn't even look like he cares out there. He seems grumpy every time the Wallabies get a try and it wasn't his.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Ummmm....how about no.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    As much as I hate Tuqiri (i think i've mentioned that once or twice ) I think the most i'd do is bench him. He is good when he's on his game and aside from that i think we need his experience and his muscle power against countries like Fiji and NZ. I love Mitchell and think he is totally underrated and i def want him on the wing. Coops I also like but as a combo of Coops and Mitchell...mm prob not... I think we need Tuqiri as a balance of some sort...what i'm not quite sure to be honest.

I like to see him gone from Rugby altogether actually but he's there and he's one of the only options we have so i guess we use him. The only thing i can say for him is that he does tend to step up in big games, and whilst he hasn't done anything so far, at least he hasn't screwed up either....i can't say the same for Coops...and as much as it pains me to say it...for Mitchell at times as well...

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    I think that call is overly harsh. I didn't think he was outstanding against the Welsh, nor did I think he played poorly. To suggest that he doesn't care is also probably a bit unfair. I only had 6 or 7 pints during that game. To me ,everyone looked happy and cheerful.

vCash
    Well Jehna, clearly your view on what makes a great winger needs some development. They are the rockstars of Rugby and as such should concentrate some of their time on partying and drinking to excess. Sheps has made a good start on this type of behavior but has been lacking in form recently.

There is hope for him yet I believe.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook
    Well Jehna, clearly your view on what makes a great winger needs some development. They are the rockstars of Rugby and as such should concentrate some of their time on partying and drinking to excess. Sheps has made a good start on this type of behavior but has been lacking in form recently.

There is hope for him yet I believe.
    Ah chook...i love you

From experience i can tell you that Mitchell's form is going great guns then...i've never see a guy who can get that enthusiastic about dancing on stage

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    maybe drop tuqiri on his head perhaps. see if he improves after that

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Tuqiri had an average match in defence against Wales and did nothing in attack, even when he came off his Wing to find the pill.
    There is something seriously wrong with his state of mind or something because he has the skills, he just isn't performing.
    He's probably one try away and as it is highly unlikely he will be dropped, he might just grasp his chance against his country of birth and run amok.
    If he isn't dominant on Sunday then there are no excuses left and he deserves to at least be benched against the mighty USA.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    there is no reason to drop him, i dont think he has been given many chances with the ball yet and when he does he runs strait gains ground,wins contact, places the ball back perfectly, they always maintain possesion. i think this is exactly what the coachs ask him to do.

he defence has been outstanding, against the welsh he did that huge tackle that forced the turnover and that set up an attack for the wallabies off the scrum.

unfortunatly i think he is the no.1 winger at the moment i think he is doing exactly what he is told to do.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    I promised myself a long time ago not to mention our man Lote, but i have failed! I actually think he has been putting in sort of. He thinks he is playing in the centres, cause he has no idea that he is a winger.Time for a change in personnel, bugger the financial pain, media from others. I thought he said pre comp that he was fizzing at the bung to create havoc? Maybe Burgs is right, 1 last chance, but then its it for me! Did someone mention pride in the jersey?

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    If he isn't dominant on Sunday then there are no excuses left and he deserves to at least be benched against the mighty USA.
    Burgs, is this supposed to be some sort of joke against me/canada or just a slip of the mind? Australia plays Canada not USA. If it is a joke...then quite funny i might add.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Kick arse gustasfl. My bloody brother in law is from Edmonton

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Police are now targeting: Tired computer users...

Sorry gustafl, I have full respect for Canada and Canucks, but if funny for the US then funny for Canada as they regularly swap positions

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I'm not overly impressed with either of Lote's performances so far but you're only as good as your last game. I'd give him until the end of the pool matches to prove his worth.

I made Happy sad...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Not sure if that actually makes sense Jess?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast