Thread: SVNS Perth locked in for 2025 as pre-sale tickets go live

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

SVNS Perth locked in for 2025 as pre-sale tickets go live

Tue, Aug 13, 2024, 11:57 AM
    Nathan Williamson

The SVNS World Series has confirmed its return to Perth to kick off a blockbuster 2025 season in Australian Rugby.

Pre-sale tickets have officially gone on sale for Team Rugby subscribers ahead of the three-day event between January 24-26 at HBF Park.

Click here to subscribe to Team Rugby to get access to pre-sale tickets for the 2025 Perth SVNS https://au7s.rugby/join

The new-look SVNS competition made its debut in Perth in January, with over 48,000 packing into HBF Park over three days.

This included a sell-out on finals day as both Australian sides made it into the Final, falling to Argentina (Men) and Ireland (Women) respectively.

General ticket sales will be available from August 27 in what will be the first time Australian fans can see their team following the Olympics.

Australia's Women's Sevens enter this season's SVNS competition as the defending champions after their heroics in the Grand Final in Madrid.

After disappointing defeats to Canada and the USA, they finished fourth at the Paris Games, with the side eager to bounce and replicate their post-Tokyo success.

New Zealand will be the team to beat after their gold medal heroics, whilst the talents of Ilona Maher and the USA will be on display after their breakout bronze medal that saw Maher rocket to superstardom.

As for the Men, they are coming off their own fourth-place finish in Paris, their highest-ever at an Olympics.

This included wins over SVNS League Winners Argentina and the USA, before falling to South Africa in the final seconds of the bronze medal match.

France is the team of the circuit after their gold medal win over Fiji in the Final, backing up their SVNS Grand Final win in Madrid.

The complete SVNS schedule will be confirmed later in the week.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Jeez they were selling quick!

C'mon the

vCash
    Organised party for Australia Day? Of course they were selling quick.

Having been this year, I got quite annoyed by some of the SVNS organisation - the start of the day was pretty slickly run with fairly continuous rugby, but as they got down to the end of the comp there were more breaks for partying (and giving the players a chance to recover). Normally in a sevens comp there are the minor finals which allow that while still allowing a constant stream of matches. The slowing down of the rugby to have more music led to the main stand being fully in the sunlight (during a heatwave, remember!) and the finals were played with as the sun set so ~half the attendance was squinting into the sun trying to watch the matches.

But then, I'm probably not the target demographic for the SVNS, as I'm there to watch the rugby rather than partying.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Organised party for Australia Day? Of course they were selling quick.

Having been this year, I got quite annoyed by some of the SVNS organisation - the start of the day was pretty slickly run with fairly continuous rugby, but as they got down to the end of the comp there were more breaks for partying (and giving the players a chance to recover). Normally in a sevens comp there are the minor finals which allow that while still allowing a constant stream of matches. The slowing down of the rugby to have more music led to the main stand being fully in the sunlight (during a heatwave, remember!) and the finals were played with as the sun set so ~half the attendance was squinting into the sun trying to watch the matches.

But then, I'm probably not the target demographic for the SVNS, as I'm there to watch the rugby rather than partying.
    I thought the mix was pretty good but missed out on tickets for Sunday this year so can't really comment on that.

I remember it was fkn hot

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I'm sure you'd look the part in a sombrero mate

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.