Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dane Haylett-Petty

vCash

Dane Haylett-Petty

Looks like he has signed on again. Great signing.

http://www.westernforce.com.au/artic...gns-force-2017

Check out @FOXSportsNews's Tweet: https://twitter.com/FOXSportsNews/st...061094400?s=09

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    HAYLETT-PETTY RE-SIGNS WITH THE FORCE TO 2017

By Nick Smith on Wed 1st April 15 in Dane Haylett-Petty, re-signing

Western Force fullback Dane Haylett-Petty has extended his stay with the Western Australian club for a further two seasons – through to the end of 2017.

The 25-year-old local product returned to the Western Force for the 2014 season, after three seasons playing in France and Japan, and has since re-established himself as a key member of the Western Australian backline.

Haylett-Petty, who started the season at fullback, returned to the Western Force line-up in last weekend’s match against the Sharks, after being sidelined for five matches with a foot injury.

Haylett-Petty’s re-signing coincides with the confirmation that lock Sam Wykes will depart the club at the end of the 2015 season to take up an opportunity in Japan. Wykes, who made his debut for the Force in 2008, has amassed 81 matches for the Force over eight seasons.

Haylett-Petty says he’s pleased to extend his career with the Force.

“I’m really excited to be hanging around for another two years,” he said. “Obviously this is home for me and I love being in Perth with my family and friends, and love pulling on the Force jersey with a great group of boys here.

“The club’s definitely heading in the right direction. We’ve got a great team at the moment, we’ve got excellent coaches and the support staff are fantastic, I feel like my game’s really developing and it’s just a really exciting time to be with the club and I’m really looking forward to the next couple of years.

“The start to the season was always going to be a big challenge for us, but we still feel like there has been improvement in how we’ve been performing. The boys are really excited to be able to play six of our next eight matches at home and build through to the end of the season in front of our amazing Force supporters.”

Western Force Head Coach Michael Foley says Haylett-Petty will continue to play an important role at the club over the next two seasons.

“Since returning to the club, Dane is developing into a key member of our match 23,” he said. “He is always looking for ways to threaten the opposition and, to that end, the work he’s putting into his decision-making is allowing him to have an increasing impact on games.”

Foley says Wykes has made – and will continue to make – a significant contribution to the Western Force.

“Sam is a player that has grown considerably over the past three seasons,” he said. “His commitment to the team as a player and leader have earnt him respect across the entire organisation.

“Sam, like Hodgo & Pek, have shown great loyalty to the team, the club and our supporters, often in difficult times and while we’re disappointed to see him head overseas, we’re all looking forward to ripping in with him over the next nine games.”

The Force will play six of its next eight matches at home at the Force Field’ (nib Stadium), starting with the Cheetahs on Saturday, 11 April, which feature as the club’s 10th season anniversary match.

Tickets to Western Force’s next home match against the Cheetahs on Saturday, 11 April are now available! Visit www.ticketmaster.com.au.

Name: Dane Haylett-Petty
    Born: 18/06/1989, Durban, South Africa
    Position: Fullback/wing
    Club: Cottesloe
    Height: 190cm
    Weight: 100kg
    Super Rugby caps: 23
    Super Rugby points: 10
    Super Rugby debut: 2008 v Chiefs, Perth
    Representative Rugby: 2008-2010, 2013-2015 Western Force, 2008-2009 Australian Under 20, 2007-2008 Australian Sevens, 2007 Australia ‘A’ Schoolboys

- See more at: http://www.westernforce.com.au/artic....bwLMFJmU.dpuf

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    with the confirmation that lock Sam Wykes will depart the club at the end of the 2015 season to take up an opportunity in Japan. Wykes, who made his debut for the Force in 2008, has amassed 81 matches for the Force over eight seasons

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So, with confirmation that Sam is departing, and a pretty obvious softness in our pack (not pointing fingers at Sam necessarily) who do we chase to replace him. Can we keep rotating the locking spots through Coleman, Mafi and Steenkamp? Do we scour the globe for a monster lock who can solve all our problems? Do we look for a better option in the fornt row? or the back row? Do we buy a promising youngster and work him into the role?

Lots of questions not many answers.

C'mon the

vCash
    Great to see DHP staying on.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    with the confirmation that lock Sam Wykes will depart the club at the end of the 2015 season to take up an opportunity in Japan. Wykes, who made his debut for the Force in 2008, has amassed 81 matches for the Force over eight seasons.

HOT DAMN! Petalz will help him pack! now we can develop a real lock

-2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Petalz View Post
    gee... why don'y you tell us how you really feel?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Petalz View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the phrase 'I don't need this sh*t' was uttered at some point...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the phrase 'I don't need this sh*t' was uttered at some point...
    I've been muttering it these last 6 weeks...

Seriously though, he's has how many years now to take the role by both hands? How many years was he sharpie's apprentice? Where did it get us? Did he take over as fighting matfield for the world's best lock? Hardly. He isn't even in the same league.
    Plus he looks like he's totally fucked after 10 mins of game time. Refuses to talk to the ref, the boys or the opposition as captain.
    he's been at the force long enough for him to be better - he obviously has peaked as a player so it's time for him to move on and we'll get someone new who still has improving to do.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Petalz; 01-04-15 at 18:27.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    With this being Steenkamp's second year as well, it is going to leave a big gap in the second row...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    With this being Steenkamp's second year as well, it is going to leave a big gap in the second row...
    Steenkamp was signed for three years, still with us this an next year.

Great news on DHP keeping WA schooled players in Perth

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    I was not a fan of Foles' decision to make Wykes captain in the absence of Hodgo as I didn't think that his play was always deserving of a starting position.

However, I DO respect how he has given his all for this club over a lot of years. There are a couple of very disrespectful comments on this thread from Jargan and Petalz - take a look at yourselves.

Good luck in Japan Wyksie

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm comfortable with my comments.

Last edited by jargan83; 02-04-15 at 10:05.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    I was not a fan of Foles' decision to make Wykes captain in the absence of Hodgo as I didn't think that his play was always deserving of a starting position.

However, I DO respect how he has given his all for this club over a lot of years. There are a couple of very disrespectful comments on this thread from Jargan and Petalz - take a look at yourselves.

Good luck in Japan Wyksie
    Don't bother commenting like that Kipper. All that will happen is you will be shot down for having a different opinion to everyone else. Trust me!

I do how ever agree with you 100%!!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddly View Post
    Don't bother commenting like that Kipper. All that will happen is you will be shot down for having a different opinion to everyone else. Trust me!

I do how ever agree with you 100%!!
    ha ha - cheers Muddly - my blood was boiling a bit when I read them

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast