Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rugby WA Community Engagement Letter

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    It's not that important. Its the principle of the thing.

RugbyAustralia took the IP under false pretenses. It belongs to RugbyWA and the Western Australian Rugby community.

At the moment the Western Force name belongs to RugbyAustralia - and if Minderoo or RugbyWA don't already - pretty soon they will have to be paying RugbyAustralia for the right to use the Western Force name.

Now I am certain that the majority of the Sea of Blue has a very serious problem with giving money to RugbyAustralia. As long as they own the Western Force IP. Minderoo or RugbyWA are going to have to pay for the privilge.
    Twiggy has said he intends giving the Force back to the fans at some point. If that is a fan owned club like was in process last year, then the IP thing will have to be resolved then, before the transfer takes place. I am sure cool heads will prevail eventually, when Clyne is gone. The Western Force name has no value to the RA or anybody else, and the WA fans will never agree to paying the RA more than $1.
    Twiggy registered the name Perth Force so there is an alternative in the wings.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    At the moment the Western Force name belongs to RugbyAustralia - and if Minderoo or RugbyWA don't already - pretty soon they will have to be paying RugbyAustralia for the right to use the Western Force name.
    The financial position of the ARU/RA is precarious, and the projections for 2019 look worse, even with the Perth Bledisloe wind-fall.

The bean counters in the Moore Park bunker are desperate for revenue, so a million bucks or two for the Western Force name would come in handy right now, thank you very much.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It's not that important. Its the principle of the thing...........
    Minderoo or RugbyWA are going to have to pay for the privilge.
    You're right X. Principle of the thing. The thing being refusing to pay those shysters any more than a dollar for the IP. Never, under any circumstances, one cent for a lease agreement. Even if it means a name change. Its not new. Bears become lions. Berries and Scraggers become Bulldogs. Seagulls become Titans. No biggie.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I don't think we'd have any problem registering the name "force" in Hong Kong.

We might have to go with force rugby or Perth force, I think it'd be money well spent to pay more registering a suitable name, rather than giving rats arse anything more than a dollar for full ownership.

If that means a name change, so be it

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    You're right X. Principle of the thing. The thing being refusing to pay those shysters any more than a dollar for the IP. Never, under any circumstances, one cent for a lease agreement. Even if it means a name change. Its not new. Bears become lions. Berries and Scraggers become Bulldogs. Seagulls become Titans. No biggie.
    Cronulla Sharks are going to become the West Coast Sharks

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Here is my problem with that.

The Rebels are worth $1.00 that is what they were bought and sold for.

The Western Force IP was sold to RugbyAustralia for $800K.

Its fine to have principles, its good.

But you can't buy something for a dollar if it's not being offered to be purchased for a dollar.

Sure a name can be changed. But in doing so, you lose history.

The Force doesn't have a stellar history. But, it is our history. The good and the bad. The fun and the sad. I don't want to lose that.

If it takes a couple of hundred thousand dollars to retain our name and our history. I am fine with that. I will help raise the funds. Its worth it.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Any product is only worth what the buyer will pay for it!
    We offer $1 QED!

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    Here is my problem with that.

The Rebels are worth $1.00 that is what they were bought and sold for.

The Western Force IP was sold to RugbyAustralia for $800K.

Its fine to have principles, its good.

But you can't buy something for a dollar if it's not being offered to be purchased for a dollar.

Sure a name can be changed. But in doing so, you lose history.

The Force doesn't have a stellar history. But, it is our history. The good and the bad. The fun and the sad. I don't want to lose that.

If it takes a couple of hundred thousand dollars to retain our name and our history. I am fine with that. I will help raise the funds. Its worth it.
    The RA might have paid $800K for the IP, but they were the ones who shut the team down and therefore wrote off their $800k. It has cost Twiggy a lot more than $800K to restart the Force from scratch and start the GRR.

vCash
    The RA paid for the IP of a Super Rugby team, they destroyed the value of their investment or their happy it only cost $800K to fuck over an entire franchise/state/team/etc.

Its no longer worth that amount and anything GRR does has/is been built from Minderoo/RugbyWA/WA/Sea of Blue. Im fine with Perth Force but as Exile/Ex/.X. stated its also our history.

It would go a long way for RA to show they do have WA interests, willing to rebuild, not abandoning/screwing over WA. to sell it back for a fair price, if thats not a dollar they are being spiteful grubby pricks. It definitely is not worth what they paid due to their actions

vCash
    Agreed on all counts, except for giving RA any more than $1 for it. After all, that was the amount mentioned in the Senate Inquiry

I would rather the team be renamed Perth Pyrites rather than give that duplicitous banker more than the ceremonial $1

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Agreed on all counts, except for giving RA any more than $1 for it. After all, that was the amount mentioned in the Senate Inquiry

I would rather the team be renamed Perth Pyrites rather than give that duplicitous banker more than the ceremonial $1
    I see only one flaw with this plan

If we are only willing to give RA $1 and they arent willing to sell the IP for $1.

Then RA still have the IP Rights - and we still have $1

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Yup, but we have options, they don't. We already own Perth Force, and could rebrand the team to anything if we wanted to. Look at the examples above. Look at baseball and gridiron teams, they have moved and renamed numerous times no problem. Brisbane Bears/Lions? No sweatski

There is no reason, none! As It's completely worthless ATM, for the RA to not give back the IP as requested by the Senate Inquiry. Other than spite. Which is a commodity Clyne has in spades.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    I see only one flaw with this plan

If we are only willing to give RA $1 and they arent willing to sell the IP for $1.

Then RA still have the IP Rights - and we still have $1
    So... we could buy a current Super Rugby team

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Yup, but we have options, they don't. We already own Perth Force, and could rebrand the team to anything if we wanted to. Look at the examples above. Look at baseball and gridiron teams, they have moved and renamed numerous times no problem. Brisbane Bears/Lions? No sweatski

There is no reason, none! As It's completely worthless ATM, for the RA to not give back the IP as requested by the Senate Inquiry. Other than spite. Which is a commodity Clyne has in spades.
    And they knocked back $50mil from Twiggy to keep the Force going. "Nup, too late to save the Force, we have made a our decision, we going to shut it down and transfers all the players and coaches to the Rebels!""

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    And they knocked back $50mil from Twiggy to keep the Force going. "Nup, too late to save the Force, we have made a our decision, we going to shut it down and transfers all the players and coaches to the Rebels!""
    And on the way out the door of the hotel in Adelaide "Hey Ealesie, was'nt it great to see these stupid sandgropers begging us to keep their team alive!" "Yeah Cam, what a waste of a day, if we are quick we can catch the early plane back to Sydney""

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast