Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hows your club looking for 2015??

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Telling porkies makes Baby Jesus cry, Westie.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Alcohol is man's worst enemy, and to quote the bible "love thy enemy"

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Some Hong Kong mob are over here for a training run against the Force.

They had a warm up at Tompkins park this arvo and I went along to prise some info from the various members from other local clubs whom I suspected would likely be poncing around pretending to be Tana Umungouse's bestest mate.

I wasn't disappointed, and after spending a small fortune on truth serum for them, I found out a few snippets which I will share with you.

COTTESLOE have already split up into two training groups, the first group, being the 25 best available, going off with Chooky and the rest left to wander around like aimless .... well, chooks.

KALAMUNDA are not only short of dough and committee members, but are providing a bountiful feast of players for other clubs, one in particular.

PERTH has had less than a team of players turning up at training, session after session, for the whole club. Things is crook, they all know it, and it's nearing crunch time.

UNIVERSITY, despite their snaffling a player or two from Kala, can barely muster 25 for training. They are training together with an Aussie Rules club, apparently doing PT sessions, and between the two of them they have about 50 bodies running around, so maybe my informant is being a little unkind.

WESTS have won lotto, or so it would appear, as they have bought half of Perth and a third of Kalamunda, as well as a serious collection from most other clubs in the competition. They will be a team to watch this year.

PALMYRA have reasonable numbers, 60 or so at each session and are doing all the right things for this stage of the season.
    They have lost a few key players and there don't seem to be too many new faces, but we shall see.

JOONDALUP have about 30 regulars at training, and this doesn't bode too well for a club about to launch into Seniors for its first season. They will struggle.

WANNEROO are wannerooted.

ASSOCIATES don't attend at any function involving any other club or RugbyWA, except to pick up their quota of Force players, so I have no goss on them. They will be strong, as they usually are.

NEDLANDS are a dark horse, not just because they have no training lights, but also because they have only just started their pre season. I guess that's because their carefully selected overseas recruits have had contract commitments elsewhere, and its hardly worth starting without your first grade.

It will be another disappointing and sub standard season, but at the end of it, it will likely be between Nedlands, Wests Associates and Cottesloe.

No surprises there.

Champion
    vCash
    WESTS have won lotto, or so it would appear, as they have bought half of Perth and a third of Kalamunda, as well as a serious collection from most other clubs in the competition..[/QUOTE]

Have had no more than 30 to training and ONE and ONE only player that has played 1st grade for another club in Perth who has attended training twice. He lives 400 metres from Bennet Park and will be up against 3 other players that would walk into any other clubs 1st grade side so would be very surprised if he play's 1st grade for us this season.
    Not too sure where you get your info from Frank.
    Can you make sure those feral drunkards from Paly are better supervised at Margaret River next weekend. We have actually decided to change accommodation this year in protest.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Sure, nudge, nudge wink ,wink, say no more.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ben hur View Post
    We've had about 40+ lads doing pre season up here in Joondalup looking like we will have competitive 1&2s.
    There are 3 things that will determine our season.
    1.Injury. We help that hope the boys are in good shape.
    2.Recruitment. As Fulvio stated all clubs will struggle here with the end of thee boom yet to sign many recruits up as yet but have a few in the pipeline.
    3.Coaching Staff. Hopefully the lads get behind D.O.R and head coach Dean Carlise and build off a great season last year.
    P.S No i do not belive we offerd 500 a game to anyone i'll put my boots back on for that!!!

What happend to the Kala Boy you guys had coaching last season , sacked? Knifed? or left??

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    What happend to the Kala Boy you guys had coaching last season , sacked? Knifed? or left??
    I belive he told a few of the senior players the unless he was offered a coaching role with the 1st XV he would'nt be returning as it takes up so much time.He was viewed by a few up here including myself as a future Premier grade coach. The rumour why he was'nt offered assisants job was because is only a level 1 coach. Jarden did a sterling job last season and Galls(former DOR) obviously had a massive wrap on him putting a big part of the clubs future in his hands.Jarden will always be welcome at Brothers and hope the club finds a part time coaching role for him

Player
    vCash
    The old guy liked him but the new guy doesnt would have done!!

Now cmon neddies people grow some balls and tell us what happend to Gus!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3