Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FUTURE LOCAL COMPETITION STRUCTURE

Senior Player
    vCash

FUTURE LOCAL COMPETITION STRUCTURE

Rumour has it that Rugby WA has been scheming away in the back rooms for a few months now and has devised a cunning plan to appease the District clubs as they are sick of hearing them bleating on about player pathways. Apparently a series of meetings have been called with local club officials to test the waters.

Will Rugby WA hit the usual wall of opposition and yield?

Will a compromise be struck?

Will they impose a new structure irrespective of the clubs opposition? or

Will they roll out the new structure out by stealth?

My suggested structure:

Premier Grade (8 teams)

Souths - Premier Grade team representing Rocky and Mandurah catchments)

Palmyra - Covering Inner south catchment. Rename team?

Easts - Premier Grade team representing Perth's eastern suburbs (inc Kala and Baysie catchments).

Norths - Premier Grade team representing Wanneroo and Joondalup catchments).

Wests - Merger of Cott and Soaks.

Uni - stay as is - most cities have a Uni team.

Nedlands - (inner city team as most cities have one). Could change name to "Perth".

New team / name - the result of Wests moving to the City of Stirling and large catchment area.

Seems to be logical with the population trends in Perth. The existing district clubs could play in a second tier competition (as opposed to 3rd / 4th tier now) and feed the 8 Premier Clubs.

This also addresses the geographical coverage issues so all bases are covered and not totally exposed to the ravages of League.

May be a bit radical for some to swallow.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by RumourMonger; 31-07-12 at 10:56.

Veteran
    vCash
    doesn't sound too bad, but, no one is going to like it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post

May be a bit radical for some to swallow.
    Not radical, just crap and nonsensical.

vCash

Nedlands - (inner city team as most cities have one). Could change name to "Perth".
    The reasoning behind your alternate structure is breathtaking. Are Norths, Souths, Easts and Wests based on the same solid logic?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Arks would feed into Easts or souths?
    I would suggest a Central suburbs to cover Perth/Bayswater and Midland and East to cover Kala/Arks. May be a bit light on the player base though.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The reasoning behind your alternate structure is breathtaking. Are Norths, Souths, Easts and Wests based on the same solid logic?
    Look beyond the names you peanut! The names can be whatever - the structure is the issue.

I thought the rednecks would bite!

vCash
    Look beyond the names you peanut! The names can be whatever - the structure is the issue.

I thought the rednecks would bite!

That's a gem. You write two imbecilic reasons for no change at Neddies and Uni and then went on to top it off with.......

Seems to be logical with the population trends in Perth.
    Give us an analysis of the population trends in Nedlands and Crawley and show how they differ from Cottesloe. Then tell us what you propose for Wests-Subi.

FFS. Cut it out your killing me.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash

My suggested structure:

Premier Grade (8 teams)

Souths - Premier Grade team representing Rocky and Mandurah catchments)

Palmyra - Covering Inner south catchment. Rename team?

Easts - Premier Grade team representing Perth's eastern suburbs (inc Kala and Baysie catchments).

Norths - Premier Grade team representing Wanneroo and Joondalup catchments).

Wests - Merger of Cott and Soaks.

New team / name - the result of Wests moving to the City of Stirling and large catchment area.
    Never thought I will give you a praise

vCash
    I don't think a major restructure is needed, but perhaps Rocky/Mandurah ARKS/Kala combining would make sense considering the two senior clubs are struggling. A new premier team in the North is logical, whether that would be Joondalup or a new club entirely, I'm not sure. Perhaps Wests and Joondalup could be amalgamated?

Champion
    vCash
    Oh dear.
    Not only do some people have such short memories but they must live in Disneyland.
    Remember the so-called promotion-relegation games that had to be played when there was a Districts Competition. Every year Wanneroo smashed the Districts Comp but the play-offs were so weighted against them it was impossible for them to get out of it.
    Then RWA realised there had to be a Premier club in the northern corridor. How to do it they pondered.
    Sadly for ARKS but luckily for RWA the solution presented itself on a plate. Five years later the Roo Dogs were in a Premier Grade Grand Final.
    Do you really expect clubs to just throw up their hands and say to RWA, "Yep we're happy to fold."
    There will never be amalgamation's, nor should there be. RWA has to take make hard decisions (that would be a first).
    Clubs have come along as breakaways from other clubs and for what ever reasons including population growth. However that does not mean they are strong enough to become Premier Grade clubs, and in the foreseeable future nor will they be.
    Bringing in more Premier Grade clubs will only weaken the present competition further. There are only 12 sides in the Shute Shield and 10 in Q'Land's Premier Comp. And even they struggle at times.
    Where do clubs realistically think they are going to get another 30 players so they can be competitive without taking them from other clubs or coming up with a lot of money.
    The "junior" clubs (for want of a better word) should not be expected to be feeders for the Premier clubs either. However they have to understand that they are what they are. They are not Premier Grade clubs and there is no more room at the top.
    Now I'll get off my soapbox

Last edited by wholetruth; 31-07-12 at 14:42.

Champion
    vCash

Thumbs down

Wests - Merger of Cott and Soaks

Now that is hilarious and what would I call myself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Wests - Merger of Cott and Soaks

Now that is hilarious and what would I call myself
    Cott + Soaks = Cok-Man

Has a ring to it..

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Cott + Soaks = Cok-Man

Has a ring to it..
    Have you been peeping through my bathroom window

vCash
    Wests cannot even field on a regular basis their lower grades, so why should any other club give to Wests, when they (other clubs) can stand on their own merits and field full squads every week in all their grades. If West cannot field there own teams in all grades like the rest of the Premiership Teams, then surly they should fall by their own sword. To finish with when (i believe ) you join the club of your choice its to get as far as you can with that club so if i join Joondalup then my ambition is to play Premiership with that club,not to be passed onto another club just to boost their ranks . ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE and if a club struggles then so be it but give them the chance at least.

Champion
    vCash

Westie Man

I have no idea what your talking about in regards to fielding team's in lower grades.We have 5 open grade sides and u18's. We have paid up and registered 230 players which works out to 39 players per team and okay we have injuries etc which can stretch things but you guys wouldn't have that problem when you play that crap old mans district comp shit.It's idiot comments like yours that are retarding your club.Our 18's played up at Joondalup a while back and you lazy buggers didn't even have corner flags out and you want to join premier grade,come on, there's a reason why you lose all your decent players

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast